Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Eth passing through 2000 EUR now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Is it unusual for volumes to be just as high in the euro-coin pairings as the USD-coin pairings? I would have thought the market for crypto in the US would dwarf everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Thargor wrote: »
    Eth passing through 2000 EUR now.

Yeah seems to the strong one all day holding out when all fell.

Was watching all day and add coinbase to watch and this evening after a post about buying at 318 I thought this coin isn't moving at all.

Then the penny dropped. Facepalm. :D

I'll be happy if XRP gets over €155 again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

jimmii wrote: »
    Link topped 40 briefly there. Was there some news that gave it a little jump in the last hour or so or just random?

I think quite a few of the Alts had decent jumps the last week or so but Link hadn't moved much, so it was probably just it's turn. Sheldon on crypto banter YouTube channel tipped it for a bump earlier on. Great guy to follow. Sheldon_sniper on twitter.

It's all very volatile tonight but my XRP hit 155 now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Quick question: if you were looking to invest in crypto purely for fiat profit. Is investing using Revolut the best option? I know they take 2.5% for deposit/withdrawal but you don't end up paying the 33% CGT because you technically don't own the coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/15/jim-cramer-says-he-sold-some-of-his-bitcoin-and-paid-off-a-mortgage.html Jezz 40years in the business and he only managed to pay off his mortgage now, fairly pathetic 2bh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

mossy95 wrote: »
    Quick question: if you were looking to invest in crypto purely for fiat profit. Is investing using Revolut the best option? I know they take 2.5% for deposit/withdrawal but you don't end up paying the 33% CGT because you technically don't own the coin.

CGT is due in the same way. You are buying an IOU from Revolut and then selling it back to them with a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

jimmii wrote: »
    Link topped 40 briefly there. Was there some news that gave it a little jump in the last hour or so or just random?

Last LINK i got was 29 March, up 51%.
    Stop investing money in shît coins like ADA, XPR , THETA hoping they do a 2x, and get on a sure thing, once staking is announced (august??) the price will rocket
    Do yourself a favour, don't take my word for it, spend a few hours doing serious research on LINK and see the potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Timmaay wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/15/jim-cramer-says-he-sold-some-of-his-bitcoin-and-paid-off-a-mortgage.html Jezz 40years in the business and he only managed to pay off his mortgage now, fairly pathetic 2bh.

Do the opposite of what this clown says and you will make more money, they want you, Retail, to sell so they, Wallstreet, can buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭OEP

Stop investing money in shît coins like ADA, XPR , THETA hoping they do a 2x, and get on a sure thing, once staking is announced (august??) the price will rocket
    Do yourself a favour, don't take my word for it, spend a few hours doing serious research on LINK and see the potential.

Is there someone good to follow on LINK? Or anywhere that gives a good overview of it (aside from the whitepaper)? I'm going to do some reading tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

OEP wrote: »
    Is there someone good to follow on LINK? Or anywhere that gives a good overview of it (aside from the whitepaper)? I'm going to do some reading tonight

Just sign up to Dirks paid group and you’ll be retired in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm holding link since the <2 days don't need to preach to me lol! Staking would be a nice little bonus. I love staking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

My uncle recommended LINK to me back in Feb and I bought €1,000 worth... +60% since I bought it.

I'm not going to go full Dirk just yet, but this is some good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭OEP

Just sign up to Dirks paid group and you’ll be retired in no time.

From what I've read so far, Chainlink looks like a very interesting technology

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Those sh1tcoins all outperformed LINK and ROSE since the start of the year :confused:
    I'm sure you've done your research but your style of bashing all other coins while pumping your own is offputting. Have you been burnt by these in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ETH at 2.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Chainlink is up 126% in the last 90 days. Dogecoin is up 1,953%. Congrats on being an also ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hi all

Does anyone have/know of a handy guide to cashing out crypto holdings? Easiest way to do it and steps for ensuring you're complying with CGT.

I have a question about using a UK bank account to pay far less capital gains tax- does anyone here avail of this?

I have a national insurance number for the UK, but I don't have a bank account. Could I just set up a bank account in the UK (when travel reopens) and create an etoro account from that bank account?

Or am I missing something?

Revolut is UK bank so if you have NIN and address then that could work.

But Revolut charges are mad and you'd likely make them more money than you get.

Metal card is 1.5% rather than regular 2.5 but cost €7.99 a month I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Hi all

Does anyone have/know of a handy guide to cashing out crypto holdings? Easiest way to do it and steps for ensuring you're complying with CGT.

Someone recommended Koinly here a while back for CGT and I found it very useful. I didn't pay for the report but it did tell me how much I owed.

As for the first question regarding "cashing out"? Never heard of this. Is it the next big coin? :P

6 wrote: »
    ETH at 2.5k.

You should really say $ USD or some would just jump in If thinking € euro. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dogecoin up 100% in a day.

Also Coinbase showing Ethereum and right below it ''Ethereum 2'' for the exact same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jeff2 wrote: »
    You should really say $ USD or some would just jump in If thinking € euro. :D

Default assumption for 99% of people is that prices are in USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Thargor wrote: »
    Dogecoin up 100% in a day.

Also Coinbase showing Ethereum and right below it ''Ethereum 2'' for the exact same price.

Yep nice to wake up to that this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

everyone enjoying the BCH pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anyone not holding & staking ZIL right now needs to check it out again
    15% staking rewards on ZIL and a 1,000:1 extra gZil reward for every 1000 ZIL claimed
    gZil is currently $437

ZIL is testing its ATH again this week and once it breaks it, there is open sky above it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    15% staking rewards on ZIL and a 1,000:1 extra gZil reward for every 1000 ZIL claimed
    gZil is currently $437

ZIL is testing its ATH again this week and once it breaks it, there is open sky above it

I just unstaked mine actually. Didn't realise you had to wait a MONTH to get your coins back. So no way was I taking that chance.

Agree that they probably have the best staking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    gZil is currently $437

Do you automatically get the gzil once you have zil staked or what's the craic? I have Zil staked for months but can't find any gzil reward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Rob2D wrote: »
    I just unstaked mine actually. Didn't realise you had to wait a MONTH to get your coins back. So no way was I taking that chance.

Agree that they probably have the best staking though.

I think 2 weeks now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement