Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crewsaver Crewfit - 165N Auto - Re-Arm Kit Question?

Options
  • 15-04-2021 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Hope this isn't the incorrect forum for this question - I'm new to this topic so any input appreciated. I bought the following lifejacket at the beginning of the summer last year:
    • 2020 Crewsaver Crewfit 165N Sport Automatic Harness Lifejacket 9715BA

It has been in storage since the end of the summer (never having being fired/activated) and I was planning on buying a re-arm kit for it for this year. Only issue is, I can't seem to locate one for this model - even on the Crewsaver Site it only seems to list kits for 150N, 190N or 290N models and I'm not not sure if I could/should be using one of these instead.

Anybody have any insight as to the best thing to do here?

Cheers,
    UR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Any chandlery will have re-arming kits, if you bring your lifejacket in they'll be able to identify the type - or post a picture of it here and we might be able to help.

There are only a few types, I don't think the newton number matters in terms of the firing mechanism. If you're buying a new gas bottle as part of your spare kit, make sure it's the same size, there are two - 33g and 38g, it's stamped on the bottle.

Here's a very useful article about maintenance and servicing of lifejackets, and it includes info on firing mechanisms

https://www.pbo.co.uk/expert-advice/service-lifejacket-17599

Advertisement