Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Jake WW wrote: »
    Cee_jay I don't know what pocketing is.

I think I have solved the mystery of my blocked vote and i think I did it myself.

Village cannot afford to lose another player and I am saying now that I am village. Whatever about my Gabriel vote, feckin hell i voted for songs I liked. Are people really going to be lynched because of their music choice. I see cee_jay liz and someone else all liked each other's songs. I took that to be music taste and if one of them came up wolf should the other two be lynched because of it.

There is no bodyguard, priest or seer tonight so people should not be asking people to come forward.

Think hard people. Villagers are dwindling and the wolves are not confined to munch to take us out We can't make mistakes

pocketing is when a wolf (who knows who the villagers are) are nice to a few of those villagers, so those villagers will like the wolf.

how did you block yourself?

re the music, i threw in a few likes for some of those i liked also. think i threw in a token one for barbie girl as well

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've never played with Liz, so I can't say I'm 100% on anything. I feel she bounces back and forth between innocent villager and slightly-too-derpy villager, but it seems like a few people have just batted that away with a "Oh, that's just Liz!" response. I also wasn't massively thrilled with how she reacted, and kept going back to, Stu's post about the goatwolf over the weekend. There was an eagerness to her posts, while everyone else was messing about, to get a discussion on wolves going. I tend to find overeagerness like that a little suspicious

Lordie could you explain this to me please, I asked yesterday already but did not see a reply

I noticed now you used "derpy"

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Someone did a post earlier based on FFAs and declarations of votes. Anyone know who or can point me in the right direction to look it up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Someone did a post earlier based on FFAs and declarations of votes. Anyone know who or can point me in the right direction to look it up

Think it might've been cee-jay

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I asked for someone to show me how to look at post counts a few days ago and got no reply.

Also is there a way to look at one persons comments only or do I have to go back through the whole bloody thing? I want to look at senans post history, a few people looking at him and I didnt pick up on a particular reason why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm on mobile so can't find it, think Senan posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Who were they protecting though? ShaneU was runner up and he's now confirmed good. Liz & Kitten next closest.

It could be kitten. She was being wolfread yesterday because of potential strategic competition vote placements. Wolves could have thought she was closer to the chop than she was. Either that or liz's claim is not genuine.

He could also be dead
    Or he was someone who was killed today.

If only Undertaker could give us a sign

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Emily WW wrote: »
    I asked for someone to show me how to look at post counts a few days ago and got no reply.

Also is there a way to look at one persons comments only or do I have to go back through the whole bloody thing? I want to look at senans post history, a few people looking at him and I didnt pick up on a particular reason why.

You need to do this on desktop only. On the main Werewolf forum page, click on the number of posts in this thread. That will give you a table of Who Posted and the number of their posts. If you click on the number next to the player, it will return just the posts made by the player.

Go to the werewolf forum. On the page there is a list of threads and to the right there is a Number of Posts. Click on that. It'll open a new window which lists number of posts by who posted. It's not working 100% but it'll give you most of them

• Advertisement

go the the werewolf sub forum. you will see our game there. should be top of the list below the stickies.

click on the post count(replies). that will show you all posters from most to least.

click on the individual number of posts for whichever poster, and you can sort that by date

Rikand wrote: »
    It could be kitten. She was being wolfread yesterday because of potential strategic competition vote placements. Wolves could have thought she was closer to the chop than she was. Either that or liz's claim is not genuine.

If I was choosing between the two, it would be kitten.

I think we can assume Nigel was good, given he was munched.
    Also this makes me feel better about Conor. It's looking like wolves took out Oisin, so he is probably good, Angus I think is good and I know I'm good. Would they have killed there if Conor was a wolf?

Nigel munched makes it look more likely for a potential senan wolf

Senan WW wrote: »
    Looking back at who said they were voting for who (only including explicit declarations when players said "vote going in for X").

Rikand: Gabby, kitten, patrick seems like a solid ffa to start for me @ 1628
    Katie: Kitten K and Patrick @ 1632
    Senan: Patrick WW, Kitten_k, Conor WW, Whiplashy @ 1634; votes Patrick @ 2039
    cee_jay: Whiplashy, Conor, Gabriel @ 1706
    Holly: JP Liz, Mitsuko, Oisin @ 1713
    Lord TSC: I've a very soft vote in for LeVar Burton @ 1731
    Mitsuko: Gabriel, Óisin, Liz @ 1744; votes for Gabs @ 2050
    Vernon: Des @ 1800
    kitten_k: Vote on Gabs @ 1805 (extra vote not placed yet)
    LeVar: Liz, Angus, Conor; voting for Liz @ 1808
    ShaneU: Angus WW. Patrick WW. Vernon WW. Gabriel WW @1808; changes to Senan @ 2036 after Angus' reveal; changes it again to Gabs @ 2057
    Oisin: Vote on Angus @ 1833 but seems like this wasn't a real vote based on post @ 1843.
    Yossar: Jake @ 1947 (doesn't appear to explain why though)

Necro @ 2000 - 9 players haven't voted yet which means 15 (?) had. Very few declarations on thread though

JP Liz: Lord TSC, Stu, Patrick @ 2021
    Stu: Liz @ 2026
    Nigel WW: Senan @ 2059

Which leaves the following players as not having declared their votes on thread:

Voted for Gabs:
    Rikand: Can't see where they declared but vote is consistent with their FFA
    Stu: can only see him calling out Liz @ 2026, was there something I missed after that? If not, this looks suss
    One hidden vote on Gabs

Voted for ShaneU:
    Angus: can't see where he explicitly declared his vote but his vote is consistent with his view that ShaneU had slipped re Trigger
    Conor WW: Can't see where he declared this vote
    Vernon WW: Did I miss when he changed from Des to ShaneU?
    Oisin WW: Can't see where he declared this vote

Voted for JP Liz:
    Emily WW: Can't see where she declared this vote

Voted for Kitten_k:
    Katie WW: Can't see where she declared but vote is consistent with her FFA
    Patrick WW: Can't see where he declared this vote

Voted for Stu:
    Des WW: Can't see where he declared this vote
    Eva WW: Can't see where she declared this vote

Voted for Whippy:
    cee_jay: Can't see where they declared but vote is consistent with their FFA

Voted for Lord TSC:
    JP Liz: Can't see where they declared but vote is consistent with their FFA

Disclaimer: I only went back as far as 4pm yesterday so I've missed anyone who declared before that and I may also have inadvertently missed some people declaring so if I have, feel free to correct me and post a link to where you declared.

Pending corrections to the above, that leaves me looking at:
    Stu
    Conor WW
    Vernon WW
    Emily WW
    Patrick WW
    Des WW
    Eva WW
    Oisin WW (although his comments yesterday about using a finisher on Trigger look good for him - unless as a wolf he threw this out there in the knowledge that it'd look good afterwards)

Thanks, found it

My head is melted from the literal hours I spent reading back and I need food. I'd love to say I'm logging off but nah I'll stand at the worktop with my phone :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Nigel munched makes it look more likely for a potential senan wolf

Explain Senan is a wolf to me based off the above....

Day 1 Lynch Votes

Lynch Candidate Voter Name Total
    Gabriel WW kitten_k, Rikand, mitsuko045, Prize Vote, ShaneU, Stu Redman 7
    ShaneU Angus WW, Conor WW, Vernon WW, Oisin WW 4
    JP Liz V1 Also Starring LeVar Burton, Emily WW, Holly WW 3
    kitten_k Katie WW, Gabriel WW, Patrick WW 3
    Stu Redman Desmond WW, Eva WW 2
    Also Starring LeVar Burton Lord TSC 1
    Whiplashy cee_jay 1
    Lord TSC JP Liz V1 1
    Patrick WW Senan WW 1
    Jake WW y0ssar1an22 1
    Senan WW Nigel WW 1

trigger
    mr kingsley

Blocked Vote: Jake WW
    Did Not Vote: Whiplashy

this is a work in progress so feel free to edit or point out mistakes

Ewan WW wrote: »

presume its cos nigel voted for senan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lordie could you explain this to me please, I asked yesterday already but did not see a reply

I noticed now you used "derpy"

I've said today, I feel your posting style is a little all over the place. My feelings over the weekend was you were a bit over eager. And I feel over yesterday and today, you post a lot but don't have a lot of substance.

You have 238 posts currently. Next is Angus with 115 and then Shane with 111. You've got more posts than second and third combined, but I cant tell you much about your influence on the village. It feels like a high post count for the sake of it.

Again I say, I've never played with you, so I can't really judge (like others, apparently) if thats a typical play style for you. Not knowing you, it feels like you're making a whole lot of noise, but in a way that doesn't leave me feeling "Liz is a villager!"

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

I think Patrick and Mitsuko are on a team. The first post I've quoted I'll explain more below.

I started looking at Patrick because of Mr Kingsley's munch. Patrick's first few posts, pretty on the ball. Focused on there being 1 team.

Restates the 1 team idea.

Again one team and very up to date with current events.

MrK calls out this post.

Patrick dismisses him.

Patrick is helpful but probing.

MrK posts the quote above and then is dead.

Patrick's next post is this one, immediately contradicting his 1 wolf team stance. Also please note the bit in bold below. MrKingsley was munched which practically guarantees that they are good but Patrick is suggesting maybe not.

Patrick's next post is discussing the finisher that was used immediately after the munch, almost certainly as a distraction from the munch target (I think LordTSC even commented on that)

Now, as to why I think Mitsuoko is on a team with Patrick. Firstly there is the interchange with Gabriel. Gabriel raises the idea that Trigger isn't really dead.

Mitsuko's first response is this:

I've bolded the part about coming back from the dead because it sounds so much like what Patrick said about players having multiple lives. Also because when mitsuko did his FFA he said this instead about Gabriel's idea on Trigger not being dead:

Finally, mitsuko v Holly yesterday was a big distraction and it was started by mitsuko challenging Holly for calling out Trigger as a wolf (the point of the game).

Sorry for wall of text but that's where I'm at right now. Be voting between these two unless some other information comes to hand. Senan half-heartedly challenged Patrick over MrKs death and it felt hedgy...like if Patrick flipped he'd point to it but never really pressed it.

Conor is on my wolf list because of pure gut. His posts seem wolfy and Jake is posting enough to get by but isn't ruffling any feathers.

Let's put this bit in bold into context. This was immediately after the munch and WCW had been introduced. So suggesting there might be more wolf teams after saying I think there is just 1, is not a far stretch. Also, since I suggested there might be more wolf teams, say Mr. K could be bad is not a far stretch either.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

pocketing is when a wolf (who knows who the villagers are) are nice to a few of those villagers, so those villagers will like the wolf.

how did you block yourself?

re the music, i threw in a few likes for some of those i liked also. think i threw in a token one for barbie girl as well

I wasn't overtly nice to anyone I think. I have played the last few werewolf games and I always seem to get it wrong with my posting. I post too much, not eniough, I am trying to stay under the radar, I am asking too many questions. This time I tried to play it neutral and I still can't get it right. But me being suspect cos i liked a song beats all. Next time i play I won't like a single post except something posted by a mod.

I sometimes post on my phone, sometimes on the laptop. I realised an hour ago that i logged out of the Jake account last night and into my normal boards account on one device to access my password for the lynch and forgot to use the other device to vote. I voted from my normal account so i'd say that's why it was blocked.

That almost seems too obvious this morning - Mr. Kingsley put the sus on Patrick and Patrick wolf munched him immediately?

Hard to tell, I've seen it go either way in the past...

1) Obvious attempted set-up by the wolves on innocent Patrick.

Or

2) Wolves get rattled/spotted early and decide to take out a potentially dangerous player, even if it implicates one of their team in the short term.

Patrick coming in with an unlikely theory straight after the finisher that was reversed isn't a good look. Maybe a mistake, but Patrick completely overlooked the fact that we can name our finishers anything we want.

I reckon that finisher and the munch are all part of the wolves' plan to sew confusion or set the village's leads for the day. Whether it involves Patrick or not.

Elsewhere...last night Angus' posts were raising an eyebrow with me. I'm on mobile but can't multiquote right now, but they're was a lot of surmising about the wolves and their powers, team numbers, how it mightn't be fair on the wolves if the mods did this or didn't do that. Maybe the wolves don't have much info themselves, and this is one of them venting on thread. Just a slight suspicion here.

ShaneU has been fairly wrong on a few things so far, but I think that's an eager new player who is excited about the game and source material, rather than anything nefarious. Also, Shane spotted Gabriel's only post being the 1st competition entry, something which raised a red flag with me too.

Stus only prelynch post that mentions Gabs, at 11.30 in the morning. Afterwards he called liz wolfy a couple of times. Then votes very late

Ewan WW wrote: »

Nigel voted for senan and nigel got munched. If senan is a wolf, they could have thought that maybe nigel had peeked them.

I'm on my phone so I cant check but if someone was on desktop and could take a quick check at where nigel voted for senan and see does it look like it was done in a seery way

Jake WW wrote: »
    Cee_jay I don't know what pocketing is.

I think I have solved the mystery of my blocked vote and i think I did it myself.

Village cannot afford to lose another player and I am saying now that I am village. Whatever about my Gabriel vote, feckin hell i voted for songs I liked. Are people really going to be lynched because of their music choice. I see cee_jay liz and someone else all liked each other's songs. I took that to be music taste and if one of them came up wolf should the other two be lynched because of it.

There is no bodyguard, priest or seer tonight so people should not be asking people to come forward.

Think hard people. Villagers are dwindling and the wolves are not confined to munch to take us out We can't make mistakes

I thanked the theme music entrance I liked I never thought it would count as part of a mechanism to find wolves :o I assume most thanked was the winner which was Kitty

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Let's put this bit in bold into context. This was immediately after the munch and WCW had been introduced. So suggesting there might be more wolf teams after saying I think there is just 1, is not a far stretch. Also, since I suggested there might be more wolf teams, say Mr. K could be bad is not a far stretch either.

It's strange given how confident you were about 1 wolf team how quickly you flipped. If that was the only thing, I'd probably agree, but it's not the only red flag for me.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've said today, I feel your posting style is a little all over the place. My feelings over the weekend was you were a bit over eager. And I feel over yesterday and today, you post a lot but don't have a lot of substance.

You have 238 posts currently. Next is Angus with 115 and then Shane with 111. You've got more posts than second and third combined, but I cant tell you much about your influence on the village. It feels like a high post count for the sake of it.

Again I say, I've never played with you, so I can't really judge (like others, apparently) if thats a typical play style for you. Not knowing you, it feels like you're making a whole lot of noise, but in a way that doesn't leave me feeling "Liz is a villager!"

But Stu's goatwolf :confused:

On liz's volume. It could be just because it's a game about wrestling and shes a massive wrestling fangirl. That's what I've been thinking of.

If we're lynching liz it shouldn't have anything to do with quantity and all to do with quality

I'm somewhere between Kitten, Patrick and Stu for lynch tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

It's strange given how confident you were about 1 wolf team how quickly you flipped. If that was the only thing, I'd probably agree, but it's not the only red flag for me.

If I was a wolf I would probably know either way, why bother flipping and get myself noticed which I seem to have with you. In any case, I have flipped back in my opinion today, I think it is 1 wolf big wolf team.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

On liz's volume. It could be just because it's a game about wrestling and shes a massive wrestling fangirl. That's what I've been thinking of.

If we're lynching liz it shouldn't have anything to do with quantity and all to do with quality

The reveal has thrown me - could have explained her way out of things as altho she is posting like a freak there was nothing she couldnt explain.

A slight bit of pressure and throws out an identity which is detrimental to everyone but herself.

Advertisement