Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minnesota officer shoots dead another innocent black victim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    :pac: Definitely bull**** alright.

Aren't tasers yellow or have some sort of yellow colouring on them for this reason.

Also with a quick search they are usually holstered on the opposite side to the firearm or lower down the leg sometimes on the front of the vest.

I find it very hard to believe he didn't know the difference.

"he"?

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1381660582231879690

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭Augme

How can you be so stupid that you pull a gun instead of a taser. But then again, these are American cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very sad but clearly an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

silverharp wrote: »

She got what she was holding mixed up with a tazer? Load of bull.

Gun.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

No comment.

• Advertisement

This is a tazer

Tazer.jpg

I dont believe people that mix up the diesel pump and the petrol one yet it happens :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    I dont believe people that mix up the diesel pump and the petrol one yet it happens :pac:

And Victor Meldrew got a telephone mixed up with a puppy, so I see your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And Victor Meldrew got a telephone mixed up with a puppy, so I see your point.

If it wasn't an accident explain why the officer only fired one round ....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If you've seen some of the tasers the cops use it's an understandable mistake. Why in the **** they issue gun-shaped tasers to be carried beside a gun and to be reached at and grabbed by feel isn't understandable.

It's not supposed to be near the gun, Correct training would be the gun on your dominant side and the tazer on the other side so there is no mix up.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    If it wasn't an accident explain why the officer only fired one round ....

Maybe, that's for a court to decide, but she did herself no favours with that tazer cock and bull story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Gun.jpg

So her shouting "Tazer, Tazer, Tazer" was all part of an act right :rolleyes: .

You seem to have already made your mind up about the whole thing already.

It was cold blooded murder right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

sligeach wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was about to ask.
    Maybe, that's for a court to decide, but she did herself no favours with that tazer cock and bull story.

dont know..guy in the car done himself no favours attempting to flee.....for no appearent reason. very very stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

She could have just shot him in the leg or arm instead of killing him. But ye another sad story in America in loving the cops. They never learn. The only way to solve this is to only have highly trained detectives have guns and take the guns off the rest of them. Let them have tasers and pepper spray and it will be less likely to happen again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So assumption number one when somebody is shuffling around in their car is they are reaching for a gun?
    Load of old ****e!!

In America, yes!

In America, where the person stopped has history, hell yes!

If someone was standing over me with a revolver shouting "tazer tazer tazer", the first thing I would do would put my foot on the accelerator and get the fcuk out of there. Self preservation and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The picture shows she kept her finger off the trigger initially might be hard to prove anything but accident discharge ,
    Chance's are muscle memory caused her to automatically draw her pistol rather than the taser ,

Nozebleed wrote: »
    dont know..guy in the car done himself no favours attempting to flee.....for no appearent reason. very very stupid.

there was a warrant out for him on illegal gun charges , but yeah dumb as a lug hammer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

So assumption number one when somebody is shuffling around in their car is they are reaching for a gun?
    Load of old ****e!!

Well...what is the person reaching for? In the middle of being arrested, why do you suddenly jerk away from the police officer and try to get into the car??

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    She could have just shot him in the leg or arm instead of killing him. But ye another sad story in America in loving the cops. They never learn. The only way to solve this is to only have highly trained detectives have guns and take the guns off the rest of them. Let them have tasers and pepper spray and it will be less likely to happen again.

So a pair of unarmed policemen stop a car for going through a red light. They approach the car and the driver gets out and starts firing a legally held hand gun at them.
    What happens next?

Ckendrick wrote: »
    Well...what is the person reaching for? In the middle of being arrested, why do you suddenly jerk away from the police officer and try to get into the car??

Like I said, if an officer was standing over me with a revolver like a lunatic shouting "tazer, tazer, tazer", the first thing I would do would put my foot on the accelerator and get the fcuk out of there. Operation save ass!!!!
    He did the right thing and got the hell out of there, but it was too late as she managed to fatally wound him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Augme wrote: »
    How can you be so stupid that you pull a gun instead of a taser. But then again, these are American cops.

Some have commented the problem is some tazers look the same as guns including colour. Poor guy certainly didnt deserve to get shot or die but he was being handcuffed then suddenly starts resisting and jumps into the car, in the ensuing struggle officer seems to believe they're pulling their tazer and only realises too late they had their handgun instead. It shocking but at the same time it brings up the question as to how the officer didnt realise they'd drawn the wrong weapon? Insufficient training? Weapons being too indistinguisable from one another? Questions do need to be asked as to what happened tho.

Ms

Ckendrick wrote: »
    So a pair of unarmed policemen stop a car for going through a red light. They approach the car and the driver gets out and starts firing a legally held hand gun at them.
    What happens next?
    Same thing as would happen here or in the UK they call in the detective unit or the SAU aka special arms unit or a QRA aka quick response unit.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Driver = not very smart. Cop = Dum as fuxx.

Welcome to America.

Ms

Lmkrnr wrote: »
    Driver not very smart+Cop Dum as fuxx = dead victim

Welcome to America.

Fyp for you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

They really can't help themselves killing black people can they?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/brooklyn-center-minnesota-police-shooting/index.html

Go live in the states if you are so concerned

Nozebleed wrote: »
    why didnt he just comply with the officer?

I just can never understand that. If you are not committing any crime, then why not just humour the police temporarily, don't give them any reason to arrest you are shoot you. It's really not that complicated. As Marcellus Wallace said, "f*ck pride".

Like I said, if an officer was standing over me with a revolver like a lunatic shouting "tazer, tazer, tazer", the first thing I would do would put my foot on the accelerator and get the fcuk out of there. Operation save ass!!!!
    He did the right thing and got the hell out of there, but it was too late as she managed to fatally wound him anyway.

How did he do the right thing if he’s dead??
    Why was she pulling her taser on him in the first place? If you’ve a warrant out for your arrest and the cops catch up with you then why can’t you just cooperate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

If someone was standing over me with a revolver shouting "tazer tazer tazer", the first thing I would do would put my foot on the accelerator and get the fcuk out of there. Self preservation and all that.

What a hero

Advertisement