Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority Graduate Programme 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zoejohnston08

Klquery wrote: »
    Anyone heard back with positive feedback?

Im still waiting to hear back at all! I did receive an email in January asking me to put my application into a single document, but never got an email to say my application was valid and going forth for shortlisting?

I think I will email them next week cause everyone seems to have got a reply!

I actually have a relevant postgrad so Im hoping Ive been shortlisted.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I did receive an email in January to say that my application was deemed eligible but otherwise nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Klquery

I haven't heard anything yet either. I did receive an email in January to say that my application was deemed eligible but otherwise nothing.

Hopefully the old saying ‘no news is good news’ is relevant in this case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Didnt make the cut either.....got 9 in the Economic stream...you need a maximum score of 11 to be called forward...

The standard of candidates must be very high....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Didnt make the cut either.....got 9 in the Economic stream...you need a maximum score of 11 to be called forward...

The standard of candidates must be very high....

What is the scoring busines? What is a scoring of 9 or 11 mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Klquery wrote: »
    What is the scoring busines? What is a scoring of 9 or 11 mean?

No idea...they just give you a score...

The maximum score is 11...and thats what you need to get through...

Basically, you need a level 9 postgrad directly applicable qualification...

I have a level 9 postgrad...but not exactly what was required...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

ANYONE heard anything? Im going out of my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeyRuin

I think interview invites were sent out last week for some roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheRock2020

Had my interview last week and placed 7th on the Order of merit for east and midlands! Does anyone know what the process is now? How long does it take for the offers to come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harry8978

what is the VISA requirement for this role? Does 1G visa is accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vinci

Hello, anyone heard from Dublin Region lead authority? As regards the local authorities graduate program?

Plus, is a panel position per selected field... or the panel position is a general panel position for every candidate for a particular region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 saju

Any idea about how many positions ara available for Data Analytics skillset.for each skillset is there a separate panel or for each region one panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jobi1

I'm currently on a contract from the 2018 graduate programme and applied again but wasn't shortlisted either.
    After contacting the LGMA, the short story is that (other than the 2 areas in the west/north west) the only people getting called for interviews are those with a relevant postgrad qualification (level 9 or higher) that graduated in the past 3 years. That is the only way to get the maximum of 11 points needed.

As for the number of posts available for each stream, that is unknown. The local authorities where the various post are available is in the application form.

No idea...they just give you a score...

The maximum score is 11...and thats what you need to get through...

Basically, you need a level 9 postgrad directly applicable qualification...

I have a level 9 postgrad...but not exactly what was required...

9 is the maximum score for a relevant undergrad qualification
    10 is the maximum for a relevant post grad
    + 1 additional point if you graduated in the last 3 years
    + 0.5 additional points if you graduated in between 3 and 6 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JMariaa

Anybody get any feedback from the Dublin authority? I received my result from the Eastern Local Authority two days after the interviews finished and was told I placed third but I haven’t heard anything since either

JMariaa wrote: »
    Anybody get any feedback from the Dublin authority? I received my result from the Eastern Local Authority two days after the interviews finished and was told I placed third but I haven’t heard anything since either

Which skillset u applied for. Even i heard from Eastern and Midlands and waiting for the dublin result

• Registered Users Posts: 15 justin8847

Did anyone hear about the results of Dublin City council and cork county council ?

Awful nonsense.

I'm a few years in the Public Service since graduating and have worked in an American MNC as well as a Sales Office with a Level 8 degree and couldn't even get by the application process.... I've done a lot since I graduated given the timeframe.

The bar must be set exceptionally high alright.

No regard was given to previous work experience for the purposes of shortlisting

mouton wrote: »
    Hard luck everyone!

It's not just that the bar was high, it was also very narrow i.e. relevant masters degree only, rather than transferrable skills and knowledge gained through work or less ostensibly relevant studies. I guess the high volume of applicants necessitates such crude criteria to select who to take to the next stage.

I actually feel relieved to know the outcome as on reflection yesterday I realised it was on my mind for month as I waited for the email. The outcome is disappointing but it's good to move on!
    After a few extra days waiting I received the "thanks but no thanks" email today too.
    I agree with Mouton that the absolute reliance on particular degree topics made for an extremely narrow window. It might have been easier if they had just stated they were looking for such specific qualifications from the get-go but I guess the application wasn't all that taxing either.
    Congrats to those who made it through!

Ultimately, you could only get called for interview if you had a relevant postgrad achieved within the last 3 years.
    It seems to me to be a deliberate step to exclude other candidates and, I agree, they should have stated this from the get go. It certainly would have saved me a lot of time applying and waiting for the result.

saju wrote: »
    Which skillset u applied for. Even i heard from Eastern and Midlands and waiting for the dublin result

I applied for the Economic Enterprise and Business Development stream

I applied for the Economic Enterprise and Business Development stream

Oh great. Today I got mail from Dublin Council.

• Advertisement

saju wrote: »
    Oh great. Today I got mail from Dublin Council.

Oh haha I didn’t get any email from them today so I’m guessing it’s not good news for me :(

Oh haha I didn’t get any email from them today so I’m guessing it’s not good news for me :(

Keep the hope. May be u will get on Monday..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harry8978

After selecting from a panel when did they gave you offer in 2018.? I mean how many months did they took to give you offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Majuuc

Hi everyone :) I'm glad I found this group here.. at least we can share some information.
    I emailed the DCC asking about the number of vacancies they have at the moment but they said the list of vacancies isn't finalised yet. I was wondering if Local Authorities normally hire a significant number o people for graduate programme. I've no idea if I will be offered a job at some stage or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeyRuin

Jobi1 wrote: »
    I'm currently on a contract from the 2018 graduate programme and applied again but wasn't shortlisted either.
    After contacting the LGMA, the short story is that (other than the 2 areas in the west/north west) the only people getting called for interviews are those with a relevant postgrad qualification (level 9 or higher) that graduated in the past 3 years. That is the only way to get the maximum of 11 points needed.

As for the number of posts available for each stream, that is unknown. The local authorities where the various post are available is in the application form.

So you were a graduate for two years with the same program? And you were applying for the same graduate program? Was there no opportunity to get a full-time role after your two years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Majuuc

Vinci wrote: »
    Hello, anyone heard from Dublin Region lead authority? As regards the local authorities graduate program?

Plus, is a panel position per selected field... or the panel position is a general panel position for every candidate for a particular region?

The panel position isn't general, that's the information I got.
    E.g. If you applied for the Sustainability discipline in Dublin region, you will be placed on the panel for this region and discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vinci

Majuuc wrote: »
    The panel position isn't general, that's the information I got.
    E.g. If you applied for the Sustainability discipline in Dublin region, you will be placed on the panel for this region and discipline.

Oh thanks...

Has anybody heard from the Kildare County Council regarding the Eastern and Midlands selection? I placed 7th on the OOM for Economic Development for Eastern and Midlands but I haven’t heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jobhunting1234

Has anybody heard from the Kildare County Council regarding the Eastern and Midlands selection? I placed 7th on the OOM for Economic Development for Eastern and Midlands but I haven’t heard anything yet?

Heard nothing yet either since the OOM email, doesn't seem the offers have gone out yet so wouldn't sweat it :)

• Advertisement

Heard nothing yet either since the OOM email, doesn't seem the offers have gone out yet so wouldn't sweat it :)

Cheers! Was panicking waiting here for the last two weeks 🀦ðŸ»*♂️

Advertisement