Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority Graduate Programme 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 justin8847

Do they sponser visa for the graduate programme ? It's 3 years of contract . And international students have only 2 years of work permit. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tomlen27

Heard nothing yet either since the OOM email, doesn't seem the offers have gone out yet so wouldn't sweat it :)

Just wondering when ye interviewed for your streams/regions? I interviewed for the Southern Region early last week, no OOM received yet, wondering what the timeline people are expecting following interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JMariaa

saju wrote: »
    Keep the hope. May be u will get on Monday..

Got an email today from DCC thankfully and I’m within the top 10 in the order of merit so hopefully I get a job offer at some point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jobhunting1234

Tomlen27 wrote: »
    Just wondering when ye interviewed for your streams/regions? I interviewed for the Southern Region early last week, no OOM received yet, wondering what the timeline people are expecting following interviews?

Dublin was end of march. East and Midlands was early/mid march.
    Dublin emailed back today. East and Midlands emailed within a few days of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 saju

JMariaa wrote: »
    Got an email today from DCC thankfully and I’m within the top 10 in the order of merit so hopefully I get a job offer at some point :)

Congratulations 👏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Majuuc

JMariaa wrote: »

Well done!!! 👠I got my results on Friday from DCC but it's for Communication & Marketing. Anyone in the same stream?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags509

Yes, I got my results for communication and marketing stream within dublin region. Just wondering now how long and how many vacancies is available..

Mags509 wrote: »
    Yes, I got my results for communication and marketing stream within dublin region. Just wondering now how long and how many vacancies is available..

Me too!! Please, let me know in case you're called or get information about the vacancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harry8978

justin8847 wrote: »
    Do they sponser visa for the graduate programme ? It's 3 years of contract . And international students have only 2 years of work permit. Any suggestions ?

I'm having the same query can anyone answers to this question please?

harry8978 wrote: »
    I'm having the same query can anyone answers to this question please?

I would suggest send an email to the council if you haven't done yet and ask for clarification, specially for the sponsor visa. It's a very specific question, sorry.
    I have a friend who have Stamp-4 Visa (marriage) for example, and normally it's necessary only to renew the visa to keep working in the company. However, this is not a general rule and it all depends of each company requirements, which visa they accept or not... If your visa can be reviewed or not.
    They will definitely ask you about your visa status and make a decision. Hope it helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Freddow

Majuuc wrote: »
    Well done!!! 👠I got my results on Friday from DCC but it's for Communication & Marketing. Anyone in the same stream?!

I'm in Comms & Marketing too. Top 10 OOM in border & western and in the 20's for the Dublin region. I don't have high hopes for Dublin but would love to know if there's a realistic chance in either.

Anyone who applied for the data analytics stream?

Anyone who applied for the data analytics stream?

I applied for Data Analytics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harry8978

I applied for Data Analytics.

Me

Did anyone get a placement call?

Not me anyway, still waiting on my results and OOM for the southern region. If people have gotten placements offered have they been given timelines for when they will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Freddow

I haven't heard anything since the OOM emails post-interview.

Not me anyway, still waiting on my results and OOM for the southern region. If people have gotten placements offered have they been given timelines for when they will start?

I think no one has got the call regarding the placements. Are the references going to be contacted ? If yes who are the references ?

I think no one has got the call regarding the placements. Are the references going to be contacted ? If yes who are the references ?

I honestly can't even remember if they requested references the application, it was so long ago I don't know if I provided any 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

How many would they call for Wexford Economic Enterprise & Business Development does anyone know?

• Advertisement

acawarrior wrote: »
    How many would they call for Wexford Economic Enterprise & Business Development does anyone know?

I don't know about specifically about Wexford but I just spoke with Cork CoCo and they advised that there was only one position for Economic Enterprise stream in all of Cork City. Not sure if that would have any bearing on Wexfords capacity, I had assumed Cork City would have a higher intake than some others but apparently not. I'd say try send them an email, that's what I did and they got back to me within a few hours

I don't know about specifically about Wexford but I just spoke with Cork CoCo and they advised that there was only one position for Economic Enterprise stream in all of Cork City. Not sure if that would have any bearing on Wexfords capacity, I had assumed Cork City would have a higher intake than some others but apparently not. I'd say try send them an email, that's what I did and they got back to me within a few hours

Ok and if you applied for that area could they offer you another area or is it strictly the area you applied for? Thanks

Same here in the data analytics stream as well. I was placed in the top 10 and they clearly mentioned that saying it's unlikely that I will be offered a position in the first round of placements.

acawarrior wrote: »
    Ok and if you applied for that area could they offer you another area or is it strictly the area you applied for? Thanks

Strictly the areas you applied for I believe.
    I only applied for City City and got top 5 OOM in the southern region but one of the people ahead of me has been offered the position.

Does anyone know if that means the person ahead of me definitely had Cork City as their first preference? Or would I still not get the offer even if it was their second or third preference, until they had accept their first?

Do you guys know how many positions are available in the Dublin region?

When will they start offering places? Let me know if any of you start getting offered a place. Thanks

Same here in the data analytics stream as well. I was placed in the top 10 and they clearly mentioned that saying it's unlikely that I will be offered a position in the first round of placements.

After the result, u got mail from them?

After the result, u got mail from them?

this is for the southern region

this is for the southern region

Okay. So the offers started for southern region?

• Advertisement

Okay. So the offers started for southern region?

Apparently, I was told today that Cork City has been already been offered to someone ahead of me on the Economic and Enterprise Development panel. Don't know about.other streams

Advertisement