Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Necro wrote: »
    AdolescentPlainCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

A Pedigree has been reversed!!

Holy hell things are really popping off here this morning!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

AdolescentPlainCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

A Pedigree has been reversed!!

Jeez! There will be no finishers left after D1 it seems at the rate we are going through them already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ok. Just curious.

Because I don't know a chunk of people here, I'm trying to work out some people. So, are people feigning ignorance, or genuinely bemused. So, just curious. For now.

Its my 3rd game here on boards. I've played face-to-face IRL werewolf. Never played a game before where we didn't know how many wolves of what roled villagers there were from the outset, so genuinely bemused.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    I'm just saying we're barely 2 hours in and you've a name thrown out already?

The reason I say it's a wolf is because ...

So we had one finisher used this morning. I'm assuming Trigger was the target of that and lost his finisher as a result. If Trigger still had his finisher, by the mechanics, he'd have survived the second finisher.

But he hasn't survived and now two finishing moves have been used on the one person n very quick succession. Considering the numbers playing, it'd be far too much of a coincidence for it just to have been two random shots in the dark. To me it looks like a coordinated attempt to get someone out of the game.

The reason I assume it's wolves coordinating is purely because (and please correct me here) I think it's a bit early in the game for roled villagers to have gotten a chance to use their powers.

This all assumes that a 2nd finisher will kill. NEWS FLASH. It won't. It will only knock a player prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A lot of people either having severe trouble reading the OP or are wolves playing dumb

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    This all assumes that a 2nd finisher will kill. NEWS FLASH. It won't. It will only knock a player prone.

Yeah Holly explained as much earlier to me. I just got excited because I thought I'd made a deduction. Instead I'd just failed at reading comprehension.

Did Óisín really just throw out a hint about himself and then bounce?

Its my 3rd game here on boards. I've played face-to-face IRL werewolf. Never played a game before where we didn't know how many wolves of what roled villagers there were from the outset, so genuinely bemused.

Sorry, should be an "a lot" added to the end of the bolded sentence.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Eric Bischoff was the head of WCW. I think you're reaching a bit trying to get info from the stunner video. We've no idea who Trigger or MrKingsley were

This is what I mean - info on the wrestlers themselves might help in this game. WCW were outed as the wolves on the munch post.
    We don't know who MrKingsley was, but if the post on Trigger was Steve Austin, who he was fighting might indicate if Trigger was a wolf or not.
    If Eric Bischoff was the head of WCW, has the alpha wolf been taken out of the game? Here's hoping!

WCW are Invading!

MrKingsley made his way out to the ring and decided to call out the wolves. He had heard there were some bad guys in the locker room and wanted them to come out and show themselves. Wrestlers often think they can take on all challengers but in retrospect it was rather foolish to do this with no backup, even if there was no way MrKingsley could anticipate what would happen next. That is because as soon as he started to cut a promo about a supposed negative element within the WWF an unexpected external threat arrived in the most unexpected of ways

BigAmpleCatbird-max-1mb.gif

and made their presence known

pzRF_l.gif

The WCW wrestlers have made their presence known and MrKingsley has paid the price and has been munched.

Yeah Holly explained as much earlier to me. I just got excited because I thought I'd made a deduction. Instead I'd just failed at reading comprehension.

Did Óisín really just throw out a hint about himself and then bounce?

We all have finishers so it's not really a hint. Just means he suspected Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cee_jay wrote: »
    But the wolves are the WCW - is that the same as the McMahons? I read it as a competitor to WWE/WWF.

McMahons bought ECW and WCW

Eric Bischoff and Sting would be WCW OGs

• Advertisement

If Eric Bischoff was the head of WCW, has the alpha wolf been taken out of the game? Here's hoping!

Bischoff was in both MrKingsley and Triggers death posts...so again, you're reaching here.

A lot of people either having severe trouble reading the OP or are wolves playing dumb

Shane have you played Werewolf elsewhere before?

I know its your first game here on boards, but for someone who hasn't played the game before you seem to have a better understanding (or at least think you have a better understanding) of the game than anyone else.

What is so clear about the OP for you compared to what people are questioning about the mechanics of the game?

This is what I mean - info on the wrestlers themselves might help in this game. WCW were outed as the wolves on the munch post.
    We don't know who MrKingsley was, but if the post on Trigger was Steve Austin, who he was fighting might indicate if Trigger was a wolf or not.

NWO started out in WCW

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's The Royal Rumble!

24 other superstars have to be thrown over the top rope and finally we will have a Royal Rumble winner! That person will get to begin their road to WrestleMania where their main event prize awaits.

tumblr_p3audrjzJY1wc7xq1o1_500.gif

Will you be the person pointing to the Mania sign at the end of the night? All you have to do is choose at what number you will enter the rumble aka pm a number between 1-30  in the next hour to Necro to decide your fate.

G'luck

Reminder, PM NECRO with your choice

Bischoff was in both MrKingsley and Triggers death posts...so again, you're reaching here.

OK I didn't realise he was in the MrKingsley munch post! I am completely lost on all the wrestling talk etc.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    McMahons bought ECW and WCW

Eric Bischoff and Sting would be WCW OGs

Thanks Liz!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

It's The Royal Rumble!

24 other superstars have to be thrown over the top rope and finally we will have a Royal Rumble winner! That person will get to begin their road to WrestleMania where their main event prize awaits.

tumblr_p3audrjzJY1wc7xq1o1_500.gif

Will you be the person pointing to the Mania sign at the end of the night? All you have to do is choose at what number you will enter the rumble aka pm a number between 1-30  in the next hour to Necro to decide your fate.

G'luck

Reminder, PM NECRO with your choice

I've entered

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Necro / Bounty Hunter - Are we going to be told even who the dead players were, what wrestlers either heel or face (wolf or village)?

Pretty Pretty Please can we be told about the dead at least

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    I may have missed some - apologies in advance for any other errors in there. Feel free to correct me

What's the thanks about?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

People were complaining about the game being slow yesterday. They can't say that today .

• Advertisement

Just means he suspected Trigger

I read his post as doing more than suspecting Trigger. He said he would have off him...

OK I didn't realise he was in the MrKingsley munch post! I am completely lost on all the wrestling talk etc.

The Stone Cold stunner video was a collection of most his stunners so a lot in it including Bischoff

I think if we knew who the dead were it would be helpful as in character/ wrestler role etc.,

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Hi All

Just subbed in for LadySkunk and did a quick catch up. Had a detailed look at the 2nd Comp to see if the wolves may have made an concerted effort to win it:

Posted by Thanked by
    ShaneU Jake WW
    LVar cee_jay, TSC, Trig, Vernon WW
    TSC cee_jay, JP Liz
    Trig LeVar, Jake WW, JP Liz, Stu, Yossar
    Patrick WW LeVar, ShaneU
    cee_jay JP Liz, TSC
    Khalessi LeVar, Jake WW, Vernon WW, Yossar
    Kitten_k LeVar, Conor WW, Jake WW, JP Liz, TSC, Whippy
    Vernon WW cee_jay, Jake WW, TSC, ShaneU
    JP Liz LeVar, cee_jay, Patrick WW, ShaneU
    Conor WW cee_jay, JP Liz
    LadySkunk Yossar
    Stu LeVar, Holly WW, Jake WW
    Jake WW Angus WW, Trigger
    Angus WW Jake WW, JP Liz, ShaneU

And a count of thanks given from/to:

Thanks given Count
    ShaneU 4
    cee_jay 5
    TSC 2
    Trig 2
    Vernon WW 2
    JP Liz 6
    LeVar 6
    Jake WW 7
    Stu 1
    Yossar 3
    Conor WW 1
    Whippy 1
    Holly WW 1

The main thing I noted is that both Conor WW and Whippy voted only for kitten_k's song. Not suspicious in itself but it might be worth revisiting this table later in the game if any of those three flip red.

Typical wolf post.

Please do better.

Wheres my thanks given row?

Eva WW wrote: »
    What's the thanks about?

Yesterday we had to post our entrance song to win a competition - post with the post thanks won. kitten_k won the competition. Senan summarised those who entered and who thanked their posts, and how many post each player thanked. It was thought the wolves might manipulate the vote to gain the advantage. kitten_k says she won an extra vote for tonight's lynch.

Shane have you played Werewolf elsewhere before?

I know its your first game here on boards, but for someone who hasn't played the game before you seem to have a better understanding (or at least think you have a better understanding) of the game than anyone else.

What is so clear about the OP for you compared to what people are questioning about the mechanics of the game?

No, I've never played before but I read through the Stranger Things game so I have a decent idea how it works..

I don't know anything more than anyone else but in the OP it says there are characters with deadly finishing moves that can kill with one strike. Clearly Steve Austin is one of them.

Additionally everyone else has a regular finisher that you need to be hit by three times to be eliminated completely

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Just looking at trigger being eliminated, very little to go off on him? He must be a good player if he is being killed so quickly

I read his post as doing more than suspecting Trigger. He said he would have off him...

Only if he had one of the instant kill finishers.

Jake WW wrote: »
    People were complaining about the game being slow yesterday. They can't say that today .

Necro and Bounty Hunter must be having a ball at us not knowing what's going on :pac:

Was it the real Sting or fake Sting in NWO?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Competition details (On Thread proclamations)

Players Sat Number of posts when entering Sun Number of posts when entering
    Khalessi Yes 5 Yes 13
    Emily WW Yes 2 No N/A
    Trigger Yes 7 Yes 15
    Shane U Yes 2 Yes 15
    Angus Yes 8 Yes 24
    Vernon Yes 5 Yes 8
    Cee-Jay Yes 2 Yes 8
    Kitten Yes 4 Yes 6
    Whippy Yes 1 No N/A
    Jake Yes 1 Yes 15
    Gabriel Yes First Post (Only Post) No N/A
    Rikand Yes First Post No N/A
    Holly Yes First Post No N/A
    Mr Kingsley Yes 2 No N/A
    Levar Yes 1 Yes 16
    Stu Yes 5 Yes 26
    Lord TSC Yes 5 Yes 21
    Des Yes 2 No N/A
    Patrick WW Yes 3 Yes 5
    JP Liz Yes First Post Yes 25
    Conor No N/A Yes 2

I thought this might have given more info as I would have thought Wolves would be very keen to win the prizes I would have thought.

Search is wonky so this may not be 100% accurate but the two take outs from me for the above are Patrick and Kitten who only posted once between the competitions. Also Gabriels only post is to enter a comp. A lot more people than I expected entered both aswell. Listed Below

Khalessi
    Trigger - Dead
    ShaneU
    Angus
    Vernon
    Cee_Jay
    Kitten
    Jake
    Levar
    Stu
    Lord TSC
    Patrick
    JP Liz

I didnt enter either competition and neither did 4 or 5 others from my reading of the thread.

Advertisement