Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Emily WW wrote: »
    Whats a smark?

A "smart mark".

A "mark" is someone who thinks or acts as if wrestling is "real".

A "Smart mark" is someone who knows it isn't, but suspends disbelief enough to continue pretending it is. Traditionally, it's also a term used to describe online fans who obsess about wrestling, talking about it and how they'd book shows, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Whats a smark?

Someone who follows all the behind the scenes goings on and reads wrestling newsletters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Whats a smark?

TSC and Shane

Trigger wrote: »
    TSC and Shane

I think the guy who mods the wrestling forum might be a bigger smark than me.

Trigger wrote: »
    TSC and Shane

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Lord TSC wrote: »
    source.gif

Sorry

Is there a baby sewn into the bottom turnbuckle of that ring!!

I cant unsee it!

Whats a smark?

Lordy covered it there, but my use of the term was just meant as a 'smart fan' which surely the majority of wrestling fans have to be nowadays given the internet age. I meant nothing derogatory.

The first thing I ever searched for when I got to use the internet at a public computer in Blanchardstown Centre back in the mid 90s was "WWF" and there were already fans sites at that early time. RajahWWF anyone??

Internet smart fans have been around for about 25 years now :eek:

If Lordy, Shane and any other observant wrestling fan is saying that Drew is going to win tonight, well then that is likely what's going to happen.

I believe Bobby Lashley is a heel though, so I'm gonna go for that WM main event heel win no matter what the smarks or bookies know :D

Joking aside, could go either way.

Drew is the big babyface, the good guy. Wrestlemania is the biggest show of the year. Its the first show back in front of a crowd since Covid began, so my instinct would be that they'd have the good guy win to have everyone happy. Traditionally, I'd put money on the good guy winning.

BUUUUUUT sometimes when things are that obvious, WWE decides to absolutely screw around with people and go with a more "unpredictable" result. Or have a DQ result, which could meam a weird technicality result. Plus I think it's not THE big match tonight either, which means they aren't as tied to having the good guy win.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I feel like I'm learning a whole new language.

I'll be smarking, facing and heeling with the best of ye by Monday.

(Did I do it right?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry

Is there a baby sewn into the bottom turnbuckle of that ring!!

I cant unsee it!

:D little Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All this talk is making me want to start following WWE Wrestling...

Where does one begin? There's so much history and ongoing storylines I feel I'd be lost just jumping straight in to Wrestlemania tonight? Would it be worth me watching a handful of the most recent episodes of RAW or something first?

All this talk is making me want to start following WWE Wrestling...

Where does one begin? There's so much history and ongoing storylines I feel I'd be lost just jumping straight in to Wrestlemania tonight? Would it be worth me watching a handful of the most recent episodes of RAW or something first?
    AEW is the best wrestling show right now. WWE has been crap for a long time. Hollywood writers handing them scripts of what to say, it's just terrible. Raw is almost unwatchable

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

ShaneU wrote: »
    AEW is the best wrestling show right now. WWE has been crap for a long time. Hollywood writers handing them scripts of what to say, it's just terrible. Raw is almost unwatchable

Oooh, okay, a quick google tells me this is new (well 2019), and I do like watching things from the very beginning, so might try and go back and slowly catch-up on that from the get go over the next few months if I like it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You actually wouldn't be that lost jumping into WrestleMania tonight tbh. They usually do big recap packages for the matches before they start

Here's one from WrestleMania 17 (widely regarded as the best WrestleMania)

Best match promo ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Necro wrote: »
    You actually wouldn't be that lost jumping into WrestleMania tonight tbh. They usually do big recap packages for the matches before they start

Here's one from WrestleMania 17 (widely regarded as the best WrestleMania)

That's probably one of the last wrestlemania that I watched, around the time I stopped watching Wrestling, I was about 18 and had found alcohol and parties :pac:

WWE is the top promotion, it has produced the biggest stars, I agree Raw can be bad but Smackdown and NXT are good

AEW is good ( especially when Cody doesn't showboat take over too much) but many of it's stars are from WWE and even as a huge Christian fan, WWE is still the top

The attitude era won't be topped imho

So anyway, which of ye scoundrels are wolves?!

Not gonna name the player because it will seem like I'm throwing cheap shade, but just be aware that we are playing this game with arguably Boards' G.O.A.T. wolf.

That person could be an NRV in this particular game, but if they are a wolf, we have a tough road ahead and likely won't cop it until it's too/very late. They are ultra-villagery.

TLDR - Beware of Goatwolf.

t4TPZMe.png

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Not gonna name the player because it will seem like I'm throwing cheap shade, but just be aware that we are playing this game with arguably Boards' G.O.A.T. wolf.

That person could be an NRV in this particular game, but if they are a wolf, we have a tough road ahead and likely won't cop it until it's too/very late. They are ultra-villagery.

Thats a very wolfy post!

Thats a very wolfy post!

Yep...knew I was going to get that in making such a post, but sure we have to start the game somewhere. Thread going 24+ hours now.

khalessi wrote: »
    Morning folks hows it going, youve been waiting and its happened, here I am The Great One, now whats today's plan? I woke up saw the sun and for a moment went yayyyyy sunny day, go to beach, then I emembered oh 2021 5k restriction disapppointing. Hows everyone?

The Rock? What's cooking?

TLDR - Beware of Goatwolf.

200.gif

So Stu is the self proclaimed goat wolf

noted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Noted by me too.

Is the list of characters secret this time?

Yes when are they revealed?

giphy.gif

noted.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Noted by me too.

Your notes are noted.

• Advertisement

noted.

Nope, not me, I wouldn't even be in the Top 5 or 10.

Noted that you, Emily and Liz have used it for cheap shade though, while Levar and Lordy took it for the bit of craic it was.

The game is afoot.

Advertisement