Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Guess the sarcasm was lost. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Is there one for men???

(of course I'd need an XL one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

frosty123 wrote: »
    Is there one for men???

(of course I'd need an XL one)

Do you normally sit down to pee?, If so I think there's little need for XL anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

But when you're out & about

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

How does the pricing on Subscribe and save work ? Say if I sign up for a product that cost £15 and want it delivered every 6 months. Does the price stay the same for future deliveries or does it fluctuate based on Amazon's pricing at the time of shipping ?

• Advertisement

drogon. wrote: »
    How does the pricing on Subscribe and save work ? Say if I sign up for a product that cost £15 and want it delivered every 6 months. Does the price stay the same for future deliveries or does it fluctuate based on Amazon's pricing at the time of shipping ?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116566407

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Price at time of shipping.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

frosty123 wrote: »
    But when you're out & about

An empty 2l soft drink bottle has served me well in emergencies - first had to use one as a kid on a long car journey :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,832 ✭✭✭✭muffler

An empty 2l soft drink bottle has served me well in emergencies - first had to use one as a kid on a long car journey :(
    That's fantastic. Did you buy the bottle from Amazon? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

muffler wrote: »
    That's fantastic. Did you buy the bottle from Amazon? :rolleyes:

Sorry - realised now I shouldn't have posted that in the Amazon bargains thrash. Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This makes me suspicious about the bargain lemonade I bought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Cancel the subscription once the 1st order arrives. If you cancel before it arrives they will do their best to recall it.
    Every now and again they give good reductions for.the 1st subscribe and save.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Has anyone noticed a difference between "Irish" and "foreign" drivers delivering? I'm finding the "Irish" drivers seriously ignorant and rude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

antodeco wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a difference between "Irish" and "foreign" drivers delivering? I'm finding the "Irish" drivers seriously ignorant and rude!

Not sure it's a nationality thing but defo some arse delivery guys now.

Have had plenty of packages dumped out the front of the gaff.

Also had a dpd guy ring bell, open my front door (was on the way down the stairs) and throw a package inside only to walk away with door left open.

Assume they are under pressure

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can't say I've noticed tbh. Some leave the package on the doorstep, and some hand it to me at the door. I think all the ones who have handed it to me have been eastern European, but obviously I don't know where the guys who leave it on the doorstep are from. Either is fine with me, they're always pretty careful in my experience.

The DPD guy who delivers to us is excellent, can't speak highly enough of him. Always really friendly and careful with the packages. It just seems to be luck of the draw really.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

I actually haven't had an Irish Amazon delivery driver yet. The various drivers I have had (assuming it's not the same person) has been very nice.

I do keep an eye on the app to see how far the delivery is and it is mostly spot on within 15 mins time period.

I've had a couple of the drivers call to make sure I was home and ready to accept delivery on certain higher priced goods too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,711 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kamu wrote: »
    I actually haven't had an Irish Amazon delivery driver yet. The various drivers I have had (assuming it's not the same person) has been very nice.

I do keep an eye on the app to see how far the delivery is and it is mostly spot on within 15 mins time period.

I've had a couple of the drivers call to make sure I was home and ready to accept delivery on certain higher priced goods too.

What happens if they can't deliver? With An Post you could just pick it up from the closest mail centre, but will these Amazon guys retry or does it go back to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Just checking, I've a few items to order. Order will come to over £80 but each item is below £20.
    Am I OK to order multiple items in different orders and if they all ship together I won't get charged vat?
    Or should I wait until each item ships then order the next.

I'm with prime so postage is free in either case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I always split, safest way

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Just checking, I've a few items to order. Order will come to over £80 but each item is below £20.
    Am I OK to order multiple items in different orders and if they all ship together I won't get charged vat?
    Or should I wait until each item ships then order the next.

I'm with prime so postage is free in either case.

I recently received combined order like that. No charge. YMMV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No. My Irish driver is my regular driver and he's a great guy. Other drivers I get from time to time are not as friendly but none I'd call ignorant or rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Quick question, I have 7 items in my amazon basket some are under the E22 charge but are asking for import deposit of E6 approx, is this correct (it is a garden bench seat cover) ( I did a separate order just to check)

If I order the 7 items together it adds about E42 to the total, damn you Brexit!
    I checked amazon . de and pricing for the items selected are more or less the same as the Uk plus import deposit

Items are dash cam, outdoor garden lights and memory SDcards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Quick question, I have 7 items in my amazon basket some are under the E22 charge but are asking for import deposit of E6 approx, is this correct (it is a garden bench seat cover) ( I did a separate order just to check)

If I order the 7 items together it adds about E42 to the total, damn you Brexit!
    I checked amazon . de and pricing for the items selected are more or less the same as the Uk plus import deposit

Items are dash cam, outdoor garden lights and memory SDcards

Max price in the basket must be €22 or it will attract import duties. Split your order into parts of less than €22 each, if Amazon decide to group them that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What happens if they can't deliver? With An Post you could just pick it up from the closest mail centre, but will these Amazon guys retry or does it go back to Dublin?

There has always been someone at home to collect the deliveries so far so I can't speak directly, however I have taken 3 packages this year which were my neighbours. The driver just knocked in my door and asked would I take them and I said yes nay bother.

I know for one of those packages my neighbour knocked in for it as they got a notification on the app to say the package was left in with a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Highly recommend the Air Hog in the non-chat thread. Our boys (4/7/10) have gotten fantastic value out of it. I WISH I'd had a R/C car like this growing up. Very fast, rechargeable so doesn't eat batteries, bounces off anything and will flip/right easily.
    Yes the wheels might deteriorate quick if used outside (we've only had it inside) and you wouldn't want to stand on it, but ours has been very sturdy since Christmas. At that price snap one up even as an adult toy!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Hdjsjsjsj

Kamu wrote: »
    There has always been someone at home to collect the deliveries so far so I can't speak directly, however I have taken 3 packages this year which were my neighbours. The driver just knocked in my door and asked would I take them and I said yes nay bother.

I know for one of those packages my neighbour knocked in for it as they got a notification on the app to say the package was left in with a neighbour.

That's good when you get on with your neighbours but can be awkward when you don't get on.

One time they left a package with a neighbour of mine that had reported our boundary around our house to the county council for being too tall.

Was an awkward visit going to collect that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Caranica wrote: »
    No. My Irish driver is my regular driver and he's a great guy. Other drivers I get from time to time are not as friendly but none I'd call ignorant or rude.
    Are these actual Amazon delivery guys ?? Or are you all talking about delivery drivers in general ?
    I get 95% of my stuff delivered by An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Are these actual Amazon delivery guys ?? Or are you all talking about delivery drivers in general ?
    I get 95% of my stuff delivered by An Post

Amazon guys. The only Amazon stuff I've had delivered by An Post in the last 6 months or so are my S&S orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Caranica wrote: »
    Amazon guys. The only Amazon stuff I've had delivered by An Post in the last 6 months or so are my S&S orders.

I'm in the sticks - is this up in the big shmoke ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm in the sticks - is this up in the big shmoke ?

Yep, they're coming from the Amazon warehouse in Rathcoole. It opened last year, since then I think only one of my deliveries has been by An Post.

Advertisement