Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2021 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Bioshock Infinite [PS4] - I loved this game but not quite as much as the first. Although very different from 1 & 2 there are some slight similarities with weapons and vigours(plasmids). If you've never played a Bioshock game then the collection is available quite cheaply. I would highly recommend all three for those that haven't played them. They are masterpieces and should be played in order of release date i.e. 1,2 and then infinite.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider [PS4] - If you've played a Tomb Raider game before then you'll know what to expect. This one is slightly less combat heavy than the first two in the trilogy and more focused on stealth and exploration. It's a beautiful looking game and whilst I enjoyed it I found it to be the weakest of the three.

Astro's Playroom [PS5] - First things first, this game is seriously fun with so much nostalgia thrown in from Playstation history that I was grinning like an idiot at times. But what's most impressive is that they used this game to highlight the new features of the Dualsense controller and boy does it shine. This is a revolution in controller design and I can't wait to see how other games will make use of it in the near future. There's a real wow factor about the Dualsense and it lives up to all the hype.

Ghost of Tsushima [PS5] - This game is something else. The visuals are pure eye candy and the gameplay and story are excellent. Whilst the visuals on the PS5 are the same the 60 FPS makes a huge difference. I enjoyed this game so much that I went on to get the platinum. I have yet to try out the online mode though as I don't really play much online.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Call of duty cold war - PS4
    A plague tale innocence - Xbox one
    Fifa 20 - Xbox one
    Hotshot racing - Xbox one

Mafia - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

GAME Warriors of Fate
    PLATFORM Nintendo Switch

I think I've come to the realisation that I just do not find Capcom beat 'em ups very appealing. They all feel the same. Throughout my time playing this game, it just felt like Final Fight if it was set in ancient China. Even the voice samples have the same reverb effect that Final Fight's voices have. Not the best brawler I've played I have to say.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM

1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PS4|11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360|21|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3|PC

2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PS4|12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|22|STREET FIGHTER 3: NEW GENERATION|PC

3|GRIS|PS4|13|STREET FIGHTER|PC|23|STREET FIGHTER 3: 2ND IMPACT|PC

4|SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD|PS4|14|STREET FIGHTER 2: THE WORLD WARRIOR|PC|24|STREET FIGHTER 3: 3RD STRIKE|PC

5|STREETS OF RAGE 4|SWITCH|15|STREET FIGHTER 2: CHAMPION EDITION|PC|25|SHANK|PC

6|KING OF FIGHTERS '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|16|STREET FIGHTER 2: HYPER FIGHTING|PC|26|SHANK 2|PC

7|KING OF FIGHTERS '95|PS4|17|SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2: THE NEW CHALLENGERS|PC|27|BLACK MESA|PC

8|KING OF FIGHTERS '96|PS4|18|SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO|PC|28|HALF-LIFE 2|PC

9|KING OF FIGHTERS '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PS4|19|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA|PC|29|LITTLE NIGHTMARES 2|XBOX ONE

10|KING OF FIGHTERS '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PS4|20|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2|PC|30|WARRIORS OF FATE|SWITCH

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Try alien vs predator. It's a lot more complex, a lot more fun and if you really want to play a more technical brawler than Linn is a huge amount of fun to play once you understand her.

GAME Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    PLATFORM PlayStation 3

Grabbed the HD Trilogy off the store before it inevitably becomes unavailable digitally (cheapest option was on the US store for just a tenner).

I am ashamed at myself for ignoring this series. I had so much fun playing it from start to finish. I am not the biggest advocate for platformers, especially 3D platformers, and this one was so enjoyable.

There were two major aspects within this game that I just had no idea;
    • Open World
    • Seamless Traversal

Zero loading screens. I'd no idea how they done it but I had to know. I ended up watching an episode of DidYouKnowGaming that explains how they managed to do it, on a PS2 game created in 2001 - I was blown away, even 20 years later I still find this very impressive. The gameplay was solid as well. My only gripe was the camera was not willing to play ball at times. But it was a small issue that didn't happen too often.

The animations, the voice acting, the characters - everything was top-drawer stuff (Daxter was a joy to watch)

Managed to do everything in the game - even nabbing myself a Platinum trophy in the process :D

image.png

I am pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM

1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PS4|11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360|21|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3|PC|31|JAK & DAXTER|PS3

2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PS4|12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|22|STREET FIGHTER 3: NEW GENERATION|PC

4|SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD|PS4|14|STREET FIGHTER 2: THE WORLD WARRIOR|PC|24|STREET FIGHTER 3: 3RD STRIKE|PC

6|KING OF FIGHTERS '94 (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|16|STREET FIGHTER 2: HYPER FIGHTING|PC|26|SHANK 2|PC

7|KING OF FIGHTERS '95|PS4|17|SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2: THE NEW CHALLENGERS|PC|27|BLACK MESA|PC

9|KING OF FIGHTERS '97: GLOBAL MATCH|PS4|19|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA|PC|29|LITTLE NIGHTMARES 2|XBOX ONE

10|KING OF FIGHTERS '98: ULTIMATE MATCH|PS4|20|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 2|PC|30|WARRIORS OF FATE|SWITCH

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first game is pretty good for an early PS2 games.

The second is so overrated and quite frankly crap.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The first game is pretty good for an early PS2 games.

The second is so overrated and quite frankly crap.

I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm enjoying it so far.

I just found the edginess cringey, the open world kind of crappy and then it got really frustrating and hard.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just found the edginess cringey, the open world kind of crappy and then it got really frustrating and hard.

I have heard about the game's sudden spike in difficulty alright. I ran into one or two instances where trial and error just wasn't cutting it (the red tank on one of the first couple of missions, for example) and I agree the open world is nowhere near as good as the original.

I wish Jak was still mute as well, and I already know your opinion on games that try to be edgy :pac: (Manhunt)

Aside from all of that though I'm still enjoying the gameplay loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hitman 2 PS4
    Spiderman PS4

Finally beat Assassins Creed Valhalla... 74 hours and there's still tons to do. The ending is totally bonkers.

• Advertisement

Game|Platform|Game|Platform
    Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||
    13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim|PS4||
    Broken Sword: Director's Cut|PC||
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert|PC||
    Mischief Makers|N64||
    Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus (DLC)|PC||
    Deception 4: Blood Ties|PS4||

Deception 4: Blood Ties

Ties that Bind mode finished with the A and D endings. I gave up on mission mode, not because it's bad but because I could see myself putting hours and hours into it. I'll go back to it to finish Nightmare Princess and it's DLC but need a break as this game has been consuming my free time.

Deception 4 Is just a huge amount of fun. You basically chain together a Rube Goldberg machine of traps to kill enemies in the most gruesome ways possible. Variety is added my enemies that are invulnerable or resistant to certain traps or can have their armour broken to weaken them. Even more variety is added by the requests that 3 daemons give you that if you go for them force you to be very creative in your trap design. It starts off easy but gets very addictive as you try to perfect your traps to satisfy the daemon requests.

I just had an absolute blast with this game, if you have a PS3, PS Vita or PS4 it's well worth picking up the Nightmare Princess version of this game.

I'm shocked that game is still a mess. I've yet to buy it due to being completely turned off from all the issues I've heard about it. When I buy that game I don't wanna be a practicing technician looking for problems. I wanna enjoy it. Looks like I'm waiting a while longer

I'm shocked that game is still a mess. I've yet to buy it due to being completely turned off from all the issues I've heard about it. When I buy that game I don't wanna be a practicing technician looking for problems. I wanna enjoy it. Looks like I'm waiting a while longer

Sometimes its worth it, plenty of over ambitious messes have been released on PC that were incredible experiences once you found a way to live with the jank. Bloodlines and Stalker are complete messes but also two of the best games ever.

Cyberpunk by all accounts is just grand...

At least we have the shadowrun games and Deus Ex for cyberpunk RPGs.

Game Platform
    Code Vein Xbox
    Haven Xbox
    Call Of the Sea Xbox
    Immortals Fenyx Rising Xbox
    Hitman 3 Xbox
    Donut County Xbox
    The Medium Xbox
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered Xbox
    Full Throttle Remastered Xbox
    Trailmakers Xbox
    Dark Souls 2 SotFS Xbox
    Fallout 4 PC
    Undertale Xbox
    Genesis Noir Xbox

Played Genesis Noir on Gamepass over the week end, loved the art style and music but hated the game. While the puzzles aren't really difficult can be a bit ambiguous and the game does a piss poor job conveying to the player what it expects them to do. I don't need my hand held but when I'm forced to randomly click the screen or press A in the hope something happens they've not done the best job. Won't even get started on the plot :D

Next up for me I think will be Nier Automata on PC (gamepass version)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

#|Game|Platform
    1| Resident Evil 3| PlayStation 4|
    2| Resident Evil 4| PlayStation 4|
    3| Yakuza Kiwami| PlayStation 4|
    4| Yakuza Kiwami 2| PlayStation 4|
    5| Endless Fable 3: Dark Moor| PlayStation 4|
    6| Cube Escape: The Lake| Android|
    7| The Secret Order 7: Shadow Breach| PlayStation 4
    8| A Plague Tale: Innocence| PlayStation 4|
    9| Ghost Files: Memory of a Crime| PlayStation 4|
    10| Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love| PlayStation 4|
    11| Anodyne| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)|
    12| Dandara| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)|
    13| Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus

Chronicles of Teddy was yet another game that I had never heard of that was recommended to me on PS Now. It's another metroidvania game done in an 8/16 bit style and plays like Zelda 2 in that it's a sidescrolling action game where you have a tiny sword to use as a weapon. There are various upgrades you can collect and five different areas with bosses to explore.

The story is nonsense and there is a little too much backtracking for me but I still enjoyed this a lot. It can very quite challenging in parts and there's plenty of secrets to find etc. The upgrades are done in a good way where additional areas of the game are opened up once you get them. There is also a new game+ mode which really amps up the difficulty but I didn't finish this playthrough.

It's another lesser known game that's worth a look.

Fifa 20 - Xbox one
    Mafia - PS4

Resident evil 3 - PS4

Game|Platform|Game|Platform
    Megaman X2|SNES||
    Streets of Rage 4|PC||
    Sekiro|PC||
    Megaman 7|SNES||
    Megaman 8|PS1||
    Megaman X3|SNES||
    Megaman & Bass|SNES||
    13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim|PS4||
    Broken Sword: Director's Cut|PC||
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert|PC||
    Mischief Makers|N64||
    Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus (DLC)|PC||
    Deception 4: Blood Ties|PS4||
    Final Fantasy Adventure|Gameboy||
    Virtua Racing|Switch||

Final Fantasy Adventure

For an early Gameboy title this is an absolute triumph for Squaresoft. They basically turned final fantasy into a zelda like game and while its not a patch on Link's Awakening it's still a great game and predated that game by 2 years. At the time it was the best zelda type game by a long shot.

There's a few issues with the game. Due to the lack of buttons inventory management can be a pain. Some of the clues to progress can be a little confusing. And some puzzles, usually involving the ice spell, can be a pain as the collision detection with the floor tiles is suspect to say the least. Music is also pretty weak for a Squaresoft game.

Although this is called Final Fantasy Adventure it's actually the first Secret of Mana game but it actually contains a lot of FF references. Enemy types look like recurring enemies from FF, there's lots of little FF references like fighting the four elemental fiends from FF1.

Brilliant game that plays to the strengths of the handheld format.

Virtua Racing

The switch port of this game isn't arcade perfect, it's beyond arcade perfect with tonnes of additions and a silky smooth 60 FPS as opposed to the arcades 30 fps.

When I say finished this I mean I finished all three tracks, scraping over the finish line of arcropolis with 0 seconds on the timer. The handling model feels very basic next to the likes of Sega Rally but it's still a really fun racer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

#|Game|Platform
    1| Resident Evil 3| PlayStation 4|
    2| Resident Evil 4| PlayStation 4|
    3| Yakuza Kiwami| PlayStation 4|
    4| Yakuza Kiwami 2| PlayStation 4|
    5| Endless Fable 3: Dark Moor| PlayStation 4|
    6| Cube Escape: The Lake| Android|
    7| The Secret Order 7: Shadow Breach| PlayStation 4
    8| A Plague Tale: Innocence| PlayStation 4|
    9| Ghost Files: Memory of a Crime| PlayStation 4|
    10| Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka With Love| PlayStation 4|
    11| Anodyne| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)|
    12| Dandara| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)|
    13| Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)|
    14| Dead Space 2| PlayStation 3

Dead Space 2

I decided to play through some PS3 games that I never got around to playing originally. I remember enjoying the first Dead Space game but never played the following two games for some reason.

I must admit that I enjoyed Dead Space 2 a lot. I know it's a very linear FPS game but it has good atmosphere, plenty of weapons and enough game mechanics to keep it interesting. Sometimes you just want some simple linear gameplay and this fit the bill perfectly for me.

I've started Dead Space 3 already. So far it's much more convoluted and I miss the simplicity of the second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    1|Streets of Rage 4 | Switch
    2|Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5(Ps4 version)
    3| Remnant from the ashes | PS5(ps4)
    4| Life is strange Season 2 | PS5(PS4)
    5| FFX HD remaster | Switch
    6| AC:Odyssey | PS5(PS4)
    7|Resident evil 3:remake | PS5(PS4)
    8|Halo 5: Guardians | Xbox Series x
    9| State of Decay 2 | Xbox Series X

State of Decay 2

My first game to be finished on my CX, really enjoyed this even though it didn't add much more than the original state of decay. Reminded me of the sims plus zombies.

Nearly finished both Gears of war 4 and Nioh 2 so flying through them at the minute.

My poor old switch is getting neglected between the ps5 and xbox.

Fifa 20 - Xbox one
    Mafia - PS4
    Resident evil 3 - PS4

The walking dead a new frontier - Xbox one

• Advertisement

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    2|Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5(PS4 version)
    3| Remnant from the ashes | PS5(PS4)
    8|Halo 5: Guardians | Xbox Series X
    10| Nioh 2 remastered | PS5

Nioh 2 Remastered

Rolled the credits on this last night, an improvement on the first one and a lot easier with the burst counter. enjoyable tad overlong though, its good with all the loot you can get and I know people really into it, that finishing it the first time is only the start. I think once is enough for me I sunk 50 hours into it , I might get the DLC at some stage.

Feel the same as after finishing the first one fatigued with it.

GAME Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    PLATFORM PC

This game is nothing but a massive collect-a-thon with a Star Wars story thrown in, with Lego characters.

Doesn't make it bad but it does make it overly reliant on "getting everything in the game" so much so that beating the main story isn't enough. You have to do EVERYTHING in order to complete it.

Well I'm not doing that lol

I took my time and played through the six campaign stories. That's enough for me. It's fun but it's clearly obvious who the target audience is. The game bears no challenge whatsoever. Not once was I ever stuck or consulting a guide. Got lost once or twice but that was it. I like the idea of the Lego games but as a grown adult with a short attention span there is way too much collecting in this one, and as a result it ended up feeling very repetitive and tedious. That's not to say I won't play more Lego games in future, I do enjoy them, I really enjoyed Lego Marvel back in 2014, but the Star Wars titles in particular are not that good - not for me anyway.

|GAMES BEATEN IN 2021|
    #|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM|#|GAME|PLATFORM

1|RESIDENT EVIL 3|PS4|11|NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM|XBOX 360|21|STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3|PC|31|JAK & DAXTER|PS3

2|ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN|PS4|12|FATAL FURY (ACA NEOGEO)|PS4|22|STREET FIGHTER 3: NEW GENERATION|PC|32|LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA|PC

#|GAME|PLATFORM
    2|Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5(PS4 version)
    3| Remnant from the ashes | PS5(PS4)
    8|Halo 5: Guardians | Xbox Series X
    10| Nioh 2 remastered | PS5
    11|Astro's Playroom |PS5

Astro's Playroom

Surprisingly finished this last night had one last area to do and then final area, its such a great game for a free one that comes bundled with the PS5. It captures that magic formula of a new console game. The controls and the way it utilizes the controller is great and, I would tell anyone that is lucky enough to get a ps5 to give it a run through. Its Sony propaganda but god damn it is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Its Sony propaganda but god damn it is fun.

Astro's Playroom is propaganda? I've heard it all now...

Advertisement