Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Which is probably why the house only has 3 windows, and two of them are in one room.

5 I think? 2 in a bathroom.

Imagine the stale air and SAD to add to the despair of living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

If anyone fancies living in an episode of Black Mirror, now is your chance. And I really wouldn't fancy sitting on that jacks on a cold morning

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/104968019#/

with everything in me, I hate those converted buildings with Industrial interiors

I think I'd 'settle' better at night in the previous house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Which is probably why the house only has 3 windows, and two of them are in one room.

"Human, you require exposure to natural light. Take your emotion suppressant and relocate to the window room for the recommended 138 mins. Do not look out of the window, direct your gaze to the clean interior if the room."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

with everything in me, I hate those converted buildings with Industrial interiors

I think I'd 'settle' better at night in the previous house :(

I was thinking the same. :D

I went back to have a look at the 'good room' to get away from all the steel and shine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I was thinking the same. :D

I went back to have a look at the 'good room' to get away from all the steel and shine!

I do try and take in the 'creativity' of that style, but I just hate hate hate it so much.
    and couldn't even watch that show 'Grand Design' because there was too much money spent on too many horrible designs like this. hated the show

• Advertisement

If anyone fancies living in an episode of Black Mirror, now is your chance. And I really wouldn't fancy sitting on that jacks on a cold morning

'Want to feel right at home after your stay in prison?'

Did this person have a dream to live on the International Space Station?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

My son said "if Apple made homes"
    I think it looks like "Stardate 2354"... where do the little steps lead to? The (anti gravity ) sleeping quarters?!

Also love the double shower and double toilet prison chic.

:eek:

Makes me think of Patrick Bateman ( American Psycho )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I do try and take in the 'creativity' of that style, but I just hate hate hate it so much.
    and couldn't even watch that show 'Grand Design' because there was too much money spent on too many horrible designs like this. hated the show

I actually said 'oh no' when I looked at the first picture of the kitchen.

It's all so industrial looking, for want of a better description.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

I like. It's the cosiest home I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I like. It's the cosiest home I've ever seen.

Identity of 'LaChatteGitane' confirmed :p

549423.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 a chuisle

a chuisle wrote: »

Great that the shower is so close to an electric fire too ...

ETA: And a window for others to peep in at you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

seamus wrote: »
    I wouldn't have immediately jumped to "settled traveller", except for the holy water font in the sitting room and the fact that they have external sliding doors as internal doors.

Other than the style though tbh, there wouldn't be a huge amount of work to de-tackify it. I expect the abundance of porcelain and crystal would be taken by the vendor, then all you need is a bit of painting and decorating. You could live with the sliding doors I guess, though I wouldn't be long swapping them out.

So a good friend of mine left their patio doors in when they built the extension out the back. The extension was just a giant sitting room/playroom with a treadmill for running. About 35 sqm in total.

Thinking behind keeping patio doors as dividing doors is this: it keeps kitchen smells out of the sitting room, keeps the noise level down between rooms, lets light into the kitchen and they could keep an eye on the kids from the kitchen without having to listen to them.

Kids are nearly in their teens now so not as screechy, they have the option to remove the patio doors whenever they want and plaster and paint the surround but they reckon they'll keep them.

Worked very well overall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a Twitter account called "Male living spaces" that would love that house.

I see in parts what they were going for, but they seem to then abandon their white-and-steel theme at random points.

And it starts getting weirder. OK, the "closet" toilet is pretty nifty, but why a air-blower hand dryer?

What is with the empty room with the furry steps up to the cubby holes. WHAT IS IN THERE?

Why does the listing say 3 bathrooms, when there are clearly 4. And why is one of them porcelain and not steel?

As if it wasn't bad having to sh1t beside your partner, there's also a mirror beside the jacks. So you can feel like there are four of you in there instead of two.

Most intriguing of all though.
    https://media.rightmove.co.uk/103k/102662/104968019/102662_WellLane1LowFellGateshead_IMG_39_0000.jpeg
    Why....is there a door with a passcode and a dead bolt....in the toilet. There's a light on behind it. I hope that's not a door into the neighbours.

If I had to guess I'd say it was some kind of Guesthouse/AirBnB thing. Marketed on its "quirky" decor, but done like that to make it dead easy to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    There's a Twitter account called "Male living spaces" that would love that house.

I see in parts what they were going for, but they seem to then abandon their white-and-steel theme at random points.

And it starts getting weirder. OK, the "closet" toilet is pretty nifty, but why a air-blower hand dryer?

What is with the empty room with the furry steps up to the cubby holes. WHAT IS IN THERE?

Why does the listing say 3 bathrooms, when there are clearly 4. And why is one of them porcelain and not steel?

As if it wasn't bad having to sh1t beside your partner, there's also a mirror beside the jacks. So you can feel like there are four of you in there instead of two.

Most intriguing of all though.
    https://media.rightmove.co.uk/103k/102662/104968019/102662_WellLane1LowFellGateshead_IMG_39_0000.jpeg
    Why....is there a door with a passcode and a dead bolt....in the toilet. There's a light on behind it. I hope that's not a door into the neighbours.

If I had to guess I'd say it was some kind of Guesthouse/AirBnB thing. Marketed on its "quirky" decor, but done like that to make it dead easy to clean.

I dont think that is two toilets side by side. The one on the left looks more like a bidet.

I dont think that is two toilets side by side. The one on the left looks more like a bidet.

That's a toilet and sink. You can see the tap on the higher fitted one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That's a toilet and sink. You can see the tap on the higher fitted one.

I see a bidet, a sink and toilet in this pic.

102662_WellLane1LowFellGateshead_IMG_28_0000.jpeg

The sound effects must be impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^^ You'd usually put a bidet right beside the toilet, so it's convenient to jump from one to the other.

With that setup, you're having to shuffle across the room with your kecks around your ankles, hoping that there's no "hangers on" waiting to drop during the journey.

• Advertisement

Ah, I was going by the other pic. Yeah, you're right.

The sound effects must be impressive!

I suppose, if no one wants to live there, they could let the bathroom as rehearsal space?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

^^ You'd usually put a bidet right beside the toilet, so it's convenient to jump from one to the other.

With that setup, you're having to shuffle across the room with your kecks around your ankles, hoping that there's no "hangers on" waiting to drop during the journey.

nice big mirror as well to admire yourself as you waddle across the room in such an undignified manner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

lawred2 wrote: »
    nice big mirror as well to admire yourself as you waddle across the room in such an undignified manner

You can use the mirror to quickly check for any 'hangers on' before you shuffle across the room to the bidet with your kecks around your ankles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That's hilarious. I kind of like it (but wouldn't want to live there) as it might feel like you were living in a movie set from the 60s/70s.

I think the estate agent must be taking the pee- have you watched the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I think the estate agent must be taking the pee- have you watched the video?

The music (Carmina Burana) is inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

There are so many things. Apart from the cubby, the toilets...
    The refrigerated room on entering the house? (Like something you'd see on a walk in fridge or freezer)
    The sofa so your mates can watch you work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The refrigerated room on entering the house? (Like something you'd see on a walk in fridge or freezer)

The sofa got me. I was just wondering who would sit there. Why would they sit there? Why is there space for so many people?

102662_WellLane1LowFellGateshead_IMG_14_0000.jpeg

And why are there spiky balls everywhere?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sofa is totally for a lie down between sets

Whole thing is definitely "I'm allergic to colour"

• Advertisement

Sofa is totally for a lie down between sets

Whole thing is definitely "I'm allergic to colour"
    The photographer could have saved himself a few pennies by simply using monochrome film!
    No one would notice.

Advertisement