Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

As far as I can make out, the baptismal font room is at the front of the house. The narrow sitting room is at the back, you can see the exterior of it in the 11th photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That navy kitchen is cool. Not sure about those glass patio doors inside the house, they look weird, as do the silly pillars on the front.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I can't figure that house out at all.

Did they split the living room in two, creating what looks like an altar or something in one bit, and a telly room barely wider than the couch in the other?

No wonder they haven't provided a floor plan!
    The decor isn't bad in fairness, I like the kitchen cabinet and those wooden floorboards that I think are actually tiles. Just need to get rid of the knick-knacks and those ostentatious pillars. That TV room is like something from Being John Malkovich. Couches wider than the front door.

Overall, the house wouldn't require much work, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Settled traveller chic.
    A masterclass in stupid expense put into a property at the same time managing to look cheap.

Settled traveller chic.
    A masterclass in stupid expense put into a property at the same time managing to look cheap.

I'm getting a porcelain fetish vibe more than anything. That lampshade is one serious piece of work.

But no horse or religious representation.

So, more someone with a high level of individual taste.

Can you imagine what the estate agent was thinking as they took the photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I always wonder from looking at different houses, why there is sofas in the kitchen area. I know the kitchen is the heart of a home but a sofa is a bit extreme imo.

I have a sofa in mine and I'd never go back to not having one. The missus being Polish wanted one as she always had one in her family kitchen and well it makes a lot of sense. Providing you have the space for it, it's far more comfortable than sitting at the table. It makes being in the kitchen a far more relaxed affair.

I have a sofa in mine and I'd never go back to not having one. The missus being Polish wanted one as she always had one in her family kitchen and well it makes a lot of sense. Providing you have the space for it, it's far more comfortable than sitting at the table. It makes being in the kitchen a far more relaxed affair.
    That's mad, the first thing I thought of when I read 'sofa in the kitchen' is that our Polish neighbours have one. I never know where to sit.

It must be their version of having a toaster in the cupboard.

I thought everyone has a couch or chairs in the kitchen?
    Do ye all go sit in the sittingroom to relax?
    Is the kitchen not the heart of the home.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Settled traveller chic.

Can't believe they didn't replace the carpet on the stairs/landing.. and no mention of the shed/house at the end of the garden

bubblypop wrote: »
    I thought everyone has a couch or chairs in the kitchen?
    Do ye all go sit in the sittingroom to relax?
    Is the kitchen not the heart of the home.......

Chairs, ya; the wooden upright ones at the table where visitors sit until they get too uncomfortable and leave. Never give them something they can sink into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Settled traveller chic.

Doesn't look like it to me at all. Just tacky taste - it's a common aesthetic at the moment among non Travellers where I grew up. It looks like a hair salon on South William Street.

House is in good nick though, easy to get in shape. The back garden is a let down though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The clock in the kitchen is making my eye twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Aglomerado wrote: »
    That navy kitchen is cool

Miriam should take a leaf from their book for her new gaf

Doesn't look like it to me at all. Just tacky taste - it's a common aesthetic at the moment among non Travellers where I grew up. It looks like a hair salon on South William Street.

House is in good nick though, easy to get in shape. The back garden is a let down though.

The kitchen and most of the rooms are grand. Back garden could certainly use work.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrenMar

I agree about the garden, I was expecting ornamental cherubs & a hot tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Cant imagine how they enjoy watching the TV through the chandelier

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Jeju wrote: »
    Cant imagine how they enjoy watching the TV through the chandelier

It must give a kaleidoscope effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm getting a porcelain fetish vibe more than anything. That lampshade is one serious piece of work.

I wouldn't have immediately jumped to "settled traveller", except for the holy water font in the sitting room and the fact that they have external sliding doors as internal doors.

Other than the style though tbh, there wouldn't be a huge amount of work to de-tackify it. I expect the abundance of porcelain and crystal would be taken by the vendor, then all you need is a bit of painting and decorating. You could live with the sliding doors I guess, though I wouldn't be long swapping them out.

seamus wrote: »
    I wouldn't have immediately jumped to "settled traveller", except for the holy water font in the sitting room and the fact that they have external sliding doors as internal doors.

Looks more like a general font than holy. I'd say if you turned up at their door with a porcelain cricket bat they'd buy it off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Other than the style though tbh, there wouldn't be a huge amount of work to de-tackify it. I expect the abundance of porcelain and crystal would be taken by the vendor, then all you need is a bit of painting and decorating. You could live with the sliding doors I guess, though I wouldn't be long swapping them out.

A 'hape' of money spent downstairs and very little spent upstairs, Boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What's the deal with pupping external doors inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Heat insulation? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Proof that money can't buy taste/class.

They either came off the back of a lorry or someone is missing their patio doors. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

The poor kid on the wall side of that seesaw

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

They're between the kitchen and back sitting room which was probably added as a later extension so I reckon the doors could have been the original ones out to the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

BattleCorp wrote: »
    They either came off the back of a lorry or someone is missing their patio doors. :D

Why on earth would you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

a high level of individual taste?

you got a high level of taste from that mess?

lawred2 wrote: »
    a high level of individual taste?

you got a high level of taste from that mess?

Missed the key word there, Chief.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Why on earth would you think that?

:D

I plead the 5th.

:D

Advertisement