Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

The package that was supposed to be delivered by the 6th of April is being delivered today. Which sucks because its a birthday present. I get it that is technically correct, but surely if you say by 6th of April, it wont be delivered on the 1st. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭VG31

Poncke wrote: »
    Yep, noticed this too, but Friday (some places) and Monday are bank holidays, and Sunday is Easter, that's 3 days less for deliveries, so that's probably why.

Yeah that probably explains it. Although Amazon drivers do usually work bank holidays so I wouldn't be surprised if there are deliveries on Monday.
    Delivery dates are still the 6th for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Looking at ordering a watch on Amazon.uk, through a third party seller with a German address but a UK VAT number.

Anyone want to take a guess what the situation there is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭corkie

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Looking at ordering a watch on Amazon.uk, through a third party seller with a German address but a UK VAT number.

Anyone want to take a guess what the situation there is?

Why not share a link to it?

Compare the Item from .de and see which is the better price. After Vat & Shipping?

Note: - .co.uk login details usually work on .de

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

VG31 wrote: »
    Yeah that probably explains it. Although Amazon drivers do usually work bank holidays so I wouldn't be surprised if there are deliveries on Monday.
    Delivery dates are still the 6th for me.

I got everything delivered today ( 2 items were set for the 6th and one for Between April and June and was also delivered today)

Some sent from the UK some other from France. Made no difference. All within 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

Any ideas why the vat isn’t coming off this at checkout? It’s fulfilled by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079L5S89S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_G56SQAS5H47DZ21CR5JD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

dubmick wrote: »
    Any ideas why the vat isn’t coming off this at checkout? It’s fulfilled by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079L5S89S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_G56SQAS5H47DZ21CR5JD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Some Chinese sellers aren't VAT registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Is customs charges for items over €22 all calculated at the checkout or is there a chance of being charged when it arrives?

Its not coming up with any customs when I go to pay and it is £37 which is then €48.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Is customs charges for items over €22 all calculated at the checkout or is there a chance of being charged when it arrives?

Its not coming up with any customs when I go to pay and it is £37 which is then €48.

What kind of item is it and is it fulfilled by amazon or a third party seller?

Jim_Hodge wrote:
    What kind of item is it and is it fulfilled by amazon or a third party seller?

Its a book and I think it's a third party seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭corkie

No VAT on books in the UK or Here! <<<< zero rated items ~~ google it.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Books are VAT free,

Perfect. Thanks folks.

Poncke wrote: »
    Yep, noticed this too, but Friday (some places) and Monday are bank holidays, and Sunday is Easter, that's 3 days less for deliveries, so that's probably why.

I have three packages due on Tuesday out for delivery today. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had arrived tomorrow as they always seem to work bank holiday Mondays, but I didn't think there'd be deliveries on Easter Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Jaysus Amazon deliver on Sundays? Got an email saying my package will be here today, hmmm we'll see.

Edit: It came, that was quick, only ordered from Amazon.de on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yeah I ordered something Friday evening, due Wednesday, and it just arrived. Went from 8 stops away to here in 20 minutes too. The other day it took 5 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I have one that should have arrived Good Friday. No sign of it, and there won't be knowing the post in this part of the country. TBH I wouldn't really expect them to work today either.

I have one that should have arrived Good Friday. No sign of it, and there won't be knowing the post in this part of the country. TBH I wouldn't really expect them to work today either.

An Post delivered on Friday but won't be delivering again until Tuesday. Amazon's own drivers work 7 days a week and every day except Christmas Day.

Caranica wrote: »
    An Post delivered on Friday but won't be delivering again until Tuesday. Amazon's own drivers work 7 days a week and every day except Christmas Day.

An Post didn't do rural deliveries here on Good Friday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They don't do most of my suburban area on Good Friday either, but the Saturday parcels was done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

I had a delivery today. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

I honestly wish there was a way to stop weekend delivery from Amazon. Once got something delivered at 7:50pm on a Sunday. Feel like this a down hill battle for workers right. (I know they aren’t being forced)

I was wrong. My S&S order items already dispatched via An Post are out for delivery today. I wanted to have a lie in but the postman normally comes around 10.

An Post delivering today. Our postman said there were 445 houses on his route and he had 187 packages today. He has to go back to the depot at some point because they won't all fit in the van.

AnPost delivered today.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    AnPost delivered today.

See my post two posts back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I hope An Post is getting a good deal for delivering Amazon stuff. I don't know how they are though- vanloads of deliveries of postage-free (to consumers) stuff can't be making much money for them, if I know Jeff Bezos..

I got a product delivered today (600 grams in a 9inch x 6inch x 4 inch box.. Delivered from UK.

I paid £3.07 all included.. Crazy!!

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I hope An Post is getting a good deal for delivering Amazon stuff. I don't know how they are though- vanloads of deliveries of postage-free (to consumers) stuff can't be making much money for them, if I know Jeff Bezos..

I got a product delivered today (600 grams in a 9inch x 6inch x 4 inch box.. Delivered from UK.

I paid £3.07 all included.. Crazy!!

I haven't had AnPost deliver anything from Amazon to me since December. It's all Amazon themselves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I haven't had AnPost deliver anything from Amazon to me since December. It's all Amazon themselves now.

I have 5 deliveries from Amazon arriving today all through An Post.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We've had a mix (amazon own staff vs an post) but there were deliveries yesterday from An post. Strange for a bank holiday!

Advertisement