Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

John Kennedy started his son corner forward ahead of Jamie Doolan in 2006 which, I'm sure will surprise you all to learn, was not a good decision.

Heard the u21 team in 2007 were training like a rugby union team in the depths of winter - peaked in challenge games and hit the championship completely flat. When you look at the Cork team that won that year, they'd have taken some beating in Munster. At least things were corrected in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭cms88

D'Agger wrote: »
    John Kennedy started his son corner forward ahead of Jamie Doolan in 2006 which, I'm sure will surprise you all to learn, was not a good decision.

Heard the u21 team in 2007 were training like a rugby union team in the depths of winter - peaked in challenge games and hit the championship completely flat. When you look at the Cork team that won that year, they'd have taken some beating in Munster. At least things were corrected in 2008.

I think his son was on the team for two years and then seemed to disappear after that.

Did John Kennedy ever manage anyone again after he finished up with the U21s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

John is a decent bloke in fairness but was a very, very poor manager.

He coached me with a Kerry underage team and it was roaring and shouting and banging tables- no game plan or instruction.

We have had some horrendous underage coaches over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Gael85

cms88 wrote: »
    I think his son was on the team for two years and then seemed to disappear after that.

Did John Kennedy ever manage anyone again after he finished up with the U21s?

John Kennedy managed Clare for a couple years. Think he trained Kilmurray Ibrickane in Clare for a summer or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭supernova5

news breaking of the AFL's Sidney Swans getting the precious signature of Sean O'Shea

what a shocker, apparently talks have been going on quietly in the background over last few months and would seem as though Tadhg Kennelly strongly influenced his decision to switch codes

bubbling under on twitter .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

You’ll have to try harder than that today! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭cms88

Gael85 wrote: »
    John Kennedy managed Clare for a couple years. Think he trained Kilmurray Ibrickane in Clare for a summer or two.

That was before he was with Kerry. I think he was manager when they won the Tommy Murphy Cup in 2004 or 05.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Mark O'Connor had an excellent game again this morning for Geelong.

He man marked Hawthorn's best player and still had the 4th most disposals on the pitch.

Geelongs 2nd best player on the day.

Obviously a massive loss to Kerry football but it's great seeing one of our own play such a huge role in a professional sport is heartening.

Big crowd in the MCG even with some Covid restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I see the gooch is the latest to say his piece on the Dubs being caught training after Sean Kelly and Tomas O Se both commented on it.

They would want to be very careful that Kerry aren't training or get caught because it will all come back to bite them if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

dobman88 wrote: »
    I see the gooch is the latest to say his piece on the Dubs being caught training after Sean Kelly and Tomas O Se both commented on it.

They would want to be very careful that Kerry aren't training or get caught because it will all come back to bite them if they do.

None of those 3 have anything to do with the current setup so I don't see your point at all... They can and presumably would criticise Kerry if the same thing transpired about them.

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    None of those 3 have anything to do with the current setup so I don't see your point at all... They can and presumably would criticise Kerry if the same thing transpired about them.

All 3 being from Kerry and heavily involved in the county set up at some stage is the point. Them coming out and saying how bad the Dubs are will blow up on them if/when it comes out about Kerry training away. Just dont think its very clever is all.

All 3 being from Kerry and heavily involved in the county set up at some stage is the point. Them coming out and saying how bad the Dubs are will blow up on them if/when it comes out about Kerry training away. Just dont think its very clever is all.

How would it blow up on them? They've nothing to do with the squad

How would it blow up on them? They've nothing to do with the squad

Did I say they've anything to do with the squad? It will blow up on them cos they're from Kerry, saying how bad another county is to be training. I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

Did I say they've anything to do with the squad? It will blow up on them cos they're from Kerry, saying how bad another county is to be training. I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

Are you suggesting that someone from the same county can't criticise them, or haven't got the integrity to be consistent?

Are you suggesting that someone from the same county can't criticise them, or haven't got the integrity to be consistent?

Nope. I'd expect them to be critical if Kerry are caught in a similar position. That doesnt stop it from blowing up on them though. Seems you're misinterpreting anything I say.

Nope. I'd expect them to be critical if Kerry are caught in a similar position. That doesnt stop it from blowing up on them though. Seems you're misinterpreting anything I say.

How would it blow up on them??

I'm sure they will critise Kerry if they are found to be doing the same thing.

You just keep saying 'blow up' with no explanation of how, what exactly do you think will happen.

The only thing I can extrapolate from what you've said is if I assume you mean backfire, as in if they don't criticise Kerry the same way, and there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't do that. And if they do, there's no issue whatsoever! So where's the blow up

How would it blow up on them??

I'm sure they will critise Kerry if they are found to be doing the same thing.

You just keep saying 'blow up' with no explanation of how, what exactly do you think will happen.

The only thing I can extrapolate from what you've said is if I assume you mean backfire, as in if they don't criticise Kerry the same way, and there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't do that. And if they do, there's no issue whatsoever! So where's the blow up

I think you're making quite a big deal out of it tbf. I just don't think its wise or needed for them to be so critical is all.

You seem to be angling for some kind of argument so I'm happy to leave it there.

I think you're making quite a big deal out of it tbf. I just don't think its wise or needed for them to be so critical is all.

You seem to be angling for some kind of argument so I'm happy to leave it there.

Ya, make a tabloidy baseless statement and then walk away when you can't explain how what you said makes any sense.

Ps what do you think these analysts are going to write or talk about when there's nothing else going on.

Ya, make a tabloidy baseless statement and then walk away when you can't explain how what you said makes any sense.

Ps what do you think these analysts are going to write or talk about when there's nothing else going on.

:pac: you seem to be taking it far too seriously from some random comment on a website.

If you need an explanation, I dont think it's a good idea for them to be so condemning of another county when it's possible Kerry could be caught in a similar position. Why bother? Just say nothing.

When I say 'blow up', I mean the reaction they'll get on social media etc if Kerry do get caught out. Them being from kerry would make it worse for them after being so critical.

I dont think Sean Kelly is an analyst, unless I missed him somewhere before. I just dont see the need for them commenting at all, especially seeing as Kerry players have been seen running together in Killarney so it may only be a matter of time before a training session is leaked.

Now I hope that helps explaining it to you, I cant understand it for you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Harder for other countries to do what Dublin did, I think there was only 7-8 players probably all from within 5 k of the training ground. For Kerry to get such a number or any other county you would need players to travel 20+ km. I doubt if this was once off. The ex Kerry players you speak about are now virtually sport journalists. They are paid to give opinions. The papers and meadows that pay them expect them to comment on things like that. If it happened with the Kerry set up they would have to comment as well and be critical of what happened.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

:pac: you seem to be taking it far too seriously from some random comment on a website.

If you need an explanation, I dont think it's a good idea for them to be so condemning of another county when it's possible Kerry could be caught in a similar position. Why bother? Just say nothing.

When I say 'blow up', I mean the reaction they'll get on social media etc if Kerry do get caught out. Them being from kerry would make it worse for them after being so critical.

I dont think Sean Kelly is an analyst, unless I missed him somewhere before. I just dont see the need for them commenting at all, especially seeing as Kerry players have been seen running together in Killarney so it may only be a matter of time before a training session is leaked.

This is all predicated on the premise that those people wouldn't criticise Kerry if they are caught at the same thing, because if they do criticise them they wouldn't get any social media reaction to their perceived hypocrisy.

And you've no basis on which to say they wouldn't equally criticise Kerry if the situation arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Don’t condone it.........but it shows the hard work needs to be done to win all Ireland’s .

Harder for other countries to do what Dublin did, I think there was only 7-8 players probably all from within 5 k of the training ground. For Kerry to get such a number or any other county you would need players to travel 20+ km. I doubt if this was once off. The ex Kerry players you speak about are now virtually sport journalists. They are paid to give opinions. The papers and meadows that pay them expect them to comment on things like that. If it happened with the Kerry set up they would have to comment as well and be critical of what happened.

I never said they wouldnt be critical tbf, that's another poster misinterpreting my words. I'd expect them to be critical. I take your point about them being journalists now, fair enough.

I never said they wouldnt be critical tbf, that's another poster misinterpreting my words. I'd expect them to be critical. I take your point about them being journalists now, fair enough.

Such nonsense.. If they were critical about Kerry the same as they were about Dublin then what is the issue that will blow up??

Such nonsense.. If they were critical about Kerry the same as they were about Dublin then what is the issue that will blow up??

I've already explained it to you. I can't understand it for you also.

If you dont think it would blow up on them, even if they criticised them in the same way, I think you're very naive in thinking the way social media works.

I've already explained it to you. I can't understand it for you also.

If you dont think it would blow up on them, even if they criticised them in the same way, I think you're very naive in thinking the way social media works.

You've explained nothing, you're just trying to defend your original statement despite the fact you're talking nonsense.

You've explained nothing, you're just trying to defend your original statement despite the fact you're talking nonsense.

Ok. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I don't see the point in going around in circles then.

You have made a complete clown of yourself here with your attempts up insinuate something that you have no idea of and now you’re trying to shift responsibility for your inability to make a coherent point onto other posters?

Very odd behaviour mate.

Is the approach here to try excuse Dublins behaviour by engaging in completely made up whataboutery?

You have made a complete clown of yourself here with your attempts up insinuate something that you have no idea of and now you’re trying to shift responsibility for your inability to make a coherent point onto other posters?

Very odd behaviour mate.

Is the approach here to try excuse Dublins behaviour by engaging in completely made up whataboutery?

Do you think resorting to name calling makes your point coherent. That's quite ironic and doesn't even warrant a serious reply.

• Advertisement

Do you think resorting to name calling makes your point coherent. That's quite ironic and doesn't even warrant a serious reply.

As I said - avoiding explaining your attempt at a point.

You made an utterly pointless insinuation in some vain attempt to shift the focus from Dublin- it failed as you had no point & nothing to back it up.

The fact that you have spent over a page backtracking and trying to blame others for “taking it too seriously” is behaviour that needs to be called out for what it is.

I wouldn’t take too much solace in the characters liking your ‘woe is me’ nonsense

Advertisement