Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Toulouse, Sat 3rd April 3:00pm; BT Sport 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Akrasia wrote: »
    Feck off

I don't see too many Munster fans round Limerick singing his praises. Not saying people hate him and want him gone but are pretty neutral to him.

If he went tomorrow would anyone really be that bothered by the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Restarts killed us. I'd love to know how many points we coughed up by not exiting properly after a restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I didn't realise until the BT analysis how many opportunities Munster blew to score tries. That game was there for us.

Hundred percent.

They came away with 6 points from 2 plays in the 22 on pen advantage.

Knockout rugby you need to turn those into 7 pointers.

Haley boots forward when a simple pop will have manufactured a 2v1.

And yet apparently it was Barnes that ****ed it for Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

I don't think that's true.

Issue at Hooker and Tighthead. But they've decent players there who provide solid set piece platforms.

Outside of that Munster have excellent players who under a different coaching structure would thrive

Decent is right, but you need better than decent to win the big games more regularly & trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭theVersatile

twinytwo wrote: »
    Any chance of getting rid of JVG now?

You're choosing TODAY'S game, of all games, to peddle this nonsense? If it was another Leinster then fair enough but it's fairly daft to be calling for his head after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Decent is right, but you need better than decent to win the big games more regularly & trophies.

Do you really think that Munsters strongest 15 isn't good enough to win trophies?

Don't buy into that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭TRC10

Anyone who tries to blame Barnes is really clutching at straws. Twice Munster scored tries but then gifted Toulouse points after receiving the restarts. Munster played some superb rugbg but you can't expect to win anything with such poor game management.

That's what separates champion sides from the rest. Great sides score and then turn the screw on the opposition to drive home their advantage, not gift them scoring opportunities straight away from unforced errors or poor discipline.

Bitterly disappointing because Munster played some brilliant rugby today.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Glenomra

You're choosing TODAY'S game, of all games, to peddle this nonsense? If it was another Leinster then fair enough but it's fairly daft to be calling for his head after that.

Thìs Munster team needs a major revamp. Once the kings of Europeans rugby, now the poor relations. Losing consistently to leinster has destroyed the morale.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Glenomra wrote: »
    Thìs Munster team needs a major revamp.

It's getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

I didn't realise until the BT analysis how many opportunities Munster blew to score tries. That game was there for us.

It really was Thomond. Munster threw the ball around well but the lack of belief, or would I say panicking at the last moment, really cost them the game. I suppose you could argue that the reason for that panic was associated with not having a recent history of playing such a style of rugby. The opportunities were there. Tiz a shame but the potential is there.

And you can't blame a coach for poor on field decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Will need to rewatch the game, but on initial viewing it seems Toulouse won that from the bench. They outmuscled and finished far stronger than Munster who just didn't have the same power to call upon.

Clegg wrote: »
    Will.need to rewatch the game, but on initial viewing it seems Toulouse won that from the bench. They outmuscled and finished far stronger than Munster who just didn't have the same power to call upon.

This is why Munster signed Jenkins and why Snyman is desperately missed.

It did require a shocking implosion from Clermont and it's hard to see Toulouse doing likewise if they get a big lead.

But they won't, Munster will win today.

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

love to see the returns from Munster's kicking game, they seem never to re-gather and often to lose out when fielding opposition kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Do you really think that Munsters strongest 15 isn't good enough to win trophies?

Well they haven’t won trophies so the answer must be yes !! Are you saying that today’s squad are strong enough to enjoy champions cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

love to see the returns from Munster's kicking game, they seem never to re-gather and often to lose out when fielding opposition kicks.

We'll have to get Aherne back into his real position from now on

The front row, when you consider that you really need 5 or 6 great front rowers these days, isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭letowski

This is why Munster signed Jenkins and why Snyman is desperately missed.

Agreed, I think Munster need more carrying power from their tight 5, that’s 2 weeks in a row we’ve shown to be deficient in that area. RG and Jenkins will improve things, but we need more talent coming through in the front row. What I’d give for a Kelleher or a Marchand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

letowski wrote: »
    Agreed, I think Munster need more carrying power from their tight 5, that’s 2 weeks in a row we’ve shown to be deficient in that area. RG and Jenkins will improve things, but we need more talent coming through in the front row. What I’d give for a Kelleher or a Marchand.

We are letting Marshall go, absolutely devastating with ball in hand, and that decision still puzzles me tbh...but O'Byrne is capable of gaining yards also

Yes I do, genuinely. Not good enough to win Champions Cup & Leinster comfortably have their number in Pro 14

Losing Stander now and replacing with JOD is weakening them.

POM shouldnt have got his 2 yr extension,is on the wane. Missing another strong prop.

Farrell not good enough in centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Yes I do, genuinely. Not good enough to win Champions Cup & Leinster comfortably have their number in Pro 14

Losing Stander now and replacing with JOD is weakening them.

POM shouldnt have got his 2 yr extension,is on the wane. Missing another strong prop.

Farrell not good enough in centre.

How bad must that make Toulouse considering they needed Barnes to save their ass today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭theVersatile

If Coombes isn't capped in the Autumn I'm joining the Niallof Andy Farrell Train Of Despisement

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    How bad must that make Toulouse considering they needed Barnes to save their ass today.

They really didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They went out swinging. That’s all that could be asked.

Goodbye JJ, there will be no (second) encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Faugheen wrote: »
    They really didn’t.

They really did, take your Toulouse specs off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Murray not carded. He played a major role in the two Munster tries in the 12 min after that.

Earls not carded. IMO he should have been.

Munster lost primarily because of a lack of imagination with Pen advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That is such a BS statement. Barnes was not the reason Munster lost. Toulouse were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭TRC10

They just didn't man. Murray was so lucky not to get yellow when he killed the ball after the Ntamack break. Earls could easily have gotten yellow for the in air tackle on Kolbe. He was very consistent with his reffing on the breakdown and the offside line.

There was nowhere near enough evidence of a knock on to disallow Dupont's 2nd try. And it's not like that won them the game anyway.

Worry about Munster.

Team/squad is not good enough to win trophies. Bring your Rog etc in.

Still need better players

Head in the sand stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

razorblunt wrote: »
    They went out swinging. That’s all that could be asked.

Goodbye JJ, there will be no (second) encore.

Agreed. Gave ita crack this week. More than can be said for last week.

Advertisement