Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Formentor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭vectra

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What year is it? What trade in figures are they offering?

192, ( August )
    Currently sitting on 8,700 kms.
    Would be an absolute great car for whoever will get it.
    Prefer not to discuss the figures here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't know. To me Cupra was the halo performance badge of fast Seats. Ok if they wanted standalone bespoke offerings like this Formentor but sticking non performance engines in them now just to increase market share seems like it defeats the purpose of distinguishing the brand imo.

I expected more from the interior. After watching that Carwow review I felt the quality was lacking for what I previously considered a higher level badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I went to view one of these last week and they are very impressive , I'm considering buying one at the minute...I actually liked the interior particularly with the Napa leather , it felt quality , nice lighting , good driving position and tech...not much to fault on it really. Great looking car in the flesh and compared to the SUV/ Crossover market reasonable price for what you get...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

vectra wrote: »
    192, ( August )
    Currently sitting on 8,700 kms.
    Would be an absolute great car for whoever will get it.
    Prefer not to discuss the figures here.;)

Jaysus, our 202 (July delivery) tipped over 10kms last week, and that's without work commuting.

How did you find the Formentor size wise compared to the Ateca?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭CoBo55

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Jaysus, our 202 (July delivery) tipped over 10kms last week, and that's without work commuting.

Coming up on 40k on my 191 with feck all driving done in the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Putting 1.5 engine in to it was a weird choice. Definitely defeats the whole purpose. If theu had at least 2.0 190hp version in it, then it would be so much nicer budget version.

Sounds good but it wouldn't sell because the tax would be too high, not helped by higher vrt too.

hooch-85 wrote: »

I can see this maybe hitting 10k by August.
    Last car I had was the Mondeo, had 16k on that when I sold it, met the guy that bought it almost 3 months to the day since he bought it from me and he had hit 29k that day.:pac:
    Didn't go to see one due to travel restrictions. But I can only imagine it would be literally identical size to the Ateca.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭MarkN

Driving one of these next week, will put up some shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd be interested if they had the 2.0 diesel option. My current car, Skoda Superb with that 150hp engine is super economical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Cupra for me will always be associated with performance cars and engines so putting a 1.5 petrol into them is an absolute travesty
    They have sanitised the brand by doing this

finbarrk wrote: »
    I'd be interested if they had the 2.0 diesel option. My current car, Skoda Superb with that 150hp engine is super economical.

Unreal aren't they? Did a trip to Vincent's yesterday 4.2/100. Best I ever saw was 4.0/100. I can't see cupra putting a diesel into them, economy oriented drivers aren't their target audience.

statto25 wrote: »
    Cupra for me will always be associated with performance cars and engines so putting a 1.5 petrol into them is an absolute travesty
    They have sanitised the brand by doing this

Maybe so but they have to try and sell a few of them too, 2 litre DSG just wouldn't sell here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd doubt the Irish market is very important to them. The 1.5 petrol is more a compliance model just to establish a presence. The proper performance version starts at around 65k which isn't too far off of what a Mk8 Golf R starts at. Thanks to the Greens hot hatches and performance cars are being taxed and priced out of existence here.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Unreal aren't they? Did a trip to Vincent's yesterday 4.2/100. Best I ever saw was 4.0/100. I can't see cupra putting a diesel into them, economy oriented drivers aren't their target audience.

Diesel model is on their site
    Formentor 2.0 TDI 150 HP (110 KW) DSG 4Drive
    € 45,975
    Formentor 2.0 TDI 150 HP (110 KW)
    € 39,135

Vico1612 wrote: »
    € 45,975
    € 39,135

Mmmm rubs chin wistfully... I wonder what they'd give me for the Superb... I found the configurator almost impossible to navigate. Would really fancy something different to the superb and the more I see(and read) about the new Octavia the less I like it. No dealer near us plebs in Wexford unfortunately.

Mmmm rubs chin wistfully... I wonder what they'd give me for the Superb... I found the configurator almost impossible to navigate. Would really fancy something different to the superb and the more I see(and read) about the new Octavia the less I like it. No dealer near us plebs in Wexford unfortunately.

Any Seat dealer can price up Cupras if there’s one near you. They need permission to sell you one though, but given there’s no Cupra dealer anywhere near Wexford I’d say that shouldn’t be too hard to get.

Any Seat dealer can price up Cupras if there’s one near you. They need permission to sell you one though, but given there’s no Cupra dealer anywhere near Wexford I’d say that shouldn’t be too hard to get.

Very good to know that. There's a Seat dealer here in Enniscorthy and I've dealt with them many times for both car sales and service they're really decent to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

finbarrk wrote: »

There are two 2.0 diesel options showing in the configurator, 150hp manual and 150hp DSG with 4WD

https://configurator.cupraofficial.ie/seat-cc/layout1d-layout1d-009_CUPRA-en-normal.view/carline/dY0FMTC1LTTc2UVQvMC0yMDIxAGRBUS1OM0EtUTFELEYxNCBCNEI0LEY1NiAgICAgQVE?msk=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭BnB

Wow. That looks really impressive. The PCP on my wife's Tiguan is up in July and I have been looking around for a replacement. She's tempted to go back to a saloon but is afraid she'd miss the ease of getting in and out of the car for the Grandparents that we often have with us. I've been looking at the SUV's that are out there over the last few weeks and they're all a bit dull and "samey".

This looks fantastic. The 150 bhp Petrol or Diesel would be enough as she's not into her power. I'll go for a look next week for sure.

Anyone have any experience of dealing with James Barry Motors in Limerick ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Yes, we have bought two cars from them, found them very decent to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't know. To me Cupra was the halo performance badge of fast Seats. Ok if they wanted standalone bespoke offerings like this Formentor but sticking non performance engines in them now just to increase market share seems like it defeats the purpose of distinguishing the brand imo.

Totally agree, I like it and think it looks well, but I dont see the point at all.

I can see this maybe hitting 10k by August.
    Last car I had was the Mondeo, had 16k on that when I sold it, met the guy that bought it almost 3 months to the day since he bought it from me and he had hit 29k that day.:pac:
    Didn't go to see one due to travel restrictions. But I can only imagine it would be literally identical size to the Ateca.

You must be losing a ton on the Seat Ateca no?

I queried this at my local dealer and he said not allowed.

You must be losing a ton on the Seat Ateca no?

Did ok,
    Can't complain with the deal.

Vico1612 wrote: »
    € 45,975
    € 39,135

Thats a lot of money for 150hp.

MarkN wrote: »
    Driving one of these next week, will put up some shots.

Would be interesting to hear what you think of the copper colour theyve used as part of the brands signature. I like it but I'm not sure it will age well.

I queried this at my local dealer and he said not allowed.

And it was my local dealer who told me it was allowed! Sounds like yours just couldn’t be bothered. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Thats a lot of money for 150hp.

It is a sticking point and probably why I've been holding the order while I consider it , however I do need a bigger family style car and the every other crossover/ SUV I've seen has bored me to death - at least this one gives me that ' feeling' to look at it and sit in.

I'm not sure what on the market would offer more HP in the same range , obviously Seat/ Volkswagan with same engine are similar price but IMO can't match the style.

• Advertisement

And it was my local dealer who told me it was allowed! Sounds like yours just couldn’t be bothered. :pac:

I can absolutely say that wouldn't be his style.
    It is quite possibly the copany he works for may be the ones not to allow it.

Advertisement