Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Formentor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭CoBo55

There's a beautiful red one on carzone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

vectra wrote: »
    I can absolutely say that wouldn't be his style.
    It is quite possibly the copany he works for may be the ones not to allow it.

The network is being expanded (doubled) in the coming months and maybe the guy who wouldnt quote isnt one of the dealers that applied for it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Irishcrx wrote: »
    That’s her ...

Well wear. It looks class.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

That’s her ...

How are you getting on with her now?

I am thinking about trading the family wagon (a Peugeot 3008) and this the Formentor is coming up on the top of my list. Looks very impressive, especially in hybrid form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I’m really enjoying her , it was a big decision for me tbh I was very very attached to my Alfa 159 TBI and shy of newer cars but I also had to get a family friendly car and find something that I was happy with too , looked for months and nothing I seen interested me and that the Formentor popped up one night and I was thinking now that’s something I might be able to get on board with.

I did and I don’t regret it , it’s been great so far very nice drive , excellent features and tech , stunning looking car it really does get a lot of attention probably because it’s unusual or unknown - the price was very reasonable compared to the market it’s in its fantastic value .

Really enjoying it and made the right choice on this one it’s an awful lot of car for the money and far from mundane .

Go for it .

I’m really enjoying her , it was a big decision for me tbh I was very very attached to my Alfa 159 TBI and shy of newer cars but I also had to get a family friendly car and find something that I was happy with too , looked for months and nothing I seen interested me and that the Formentor popped up one night and I was thinking now that’s something I might be able to get on board with.

I did and I don’t regret it , it’s been great so far very nice drive , excellent features and tech , stunning looking car it really does get a lot of attention probably because it’s unusual or unknown - the price was very reasonable compared to the market it’s in its fantastic value .

Really enjoying it and made the right choice on this one it’s an awful lot of car for the money and far from mundane .

Go for it .

Nice one, l looked back and see you got the 1.5 TSI is it manual or DSG? What's it like on juice?

I went with manual just because I prefer it I’m not quite ready to move to an automatic , probably until I’m forced to ! But I believe the DSG on them is very smooth and well regarded . Fuel economy is decent I average around 39 mpg and on long runs it’s gone up to 44.5 the engine has an eco mode in which when your cruising it can shut down two cylinders seamlessly and when you want more power it activates them again but it’s immediate you wouldn’t even know it’s doing it .

I went with manual just because I prefer it I’m not quite ready to move to an automatic , probably until I’m forced to ! But I believe the DSG on them is very smooth and well regarded . Fuel economy is decent I average around 39 mpg and on long runs it’s gone up to 44.5 the engine has an eco mode in which when your cruising it can shut down two cylinders seamlessly and when you want more power it activates them again but it’s immediate you wouldn’t even know it’s doing it .

Lovely, you sound very happy with it. In a grey sea of boring yokes the formentor really stands out.

Order confirmed and SEAI grant approved today.

CUPRA Formentor PHEV 204bhp.
    Midnight black, black leather seats, pano roof, 19" wheels and the XL driving pack. I should have in early July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Cupra280 wrote: »
    Order confirmed and SEAI grant approved today.

CUPRA Formentor PHEV 204bhp.
    Midnight black, black leather seats, pano roof, 19" wheels and the XL driving pack. I should have in early July.

Sounds like a lovely spec, how much does the PHEV model come to after the SEAI grant?

Good man , your going to really enjoy her and I hope you like cleaning black cars lol I’ve been out at it every week . PHEV price depends on spec you choose the grant is 5k and basic list price for PHEV from what I remember was around 44k

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lovely spec, how much does the PHEV model come to after the SEAI grant?
    The base price was €44,895.
    The SEAI grant is €5,000 is approved before the end of June. I got a good deal on the Peugeot, better than when I thought about getting a Golf in 2019!

Good man , your going to really enjoy her and I hope you like cleaning black cars lol I’ve been out at it every week . PHEV price depends on spec you choose the grant is 5k and basic list price for PHEV from what I remember was around 44k

I hear you!
    My first brand new car was black back in 2004. I swore after that one that I would never get a black car again. And now I'll be getting one twice the size.

Just as well black looks stunning when it is clean.

The base price was €44,895.
    The SEAI grant is €5,000 is approved before the end of June. I got a good deal on the Peugeot, better than when I thought about getting a Golf in 2019!

That sounds decent, we paid €36k for an Ateca FR 1.5TSi last July, I think if the Formentor had been out at the time I might have been able to persuade herself into one of those instead.

I hear you!
    My first brand new car was black back in 2004. I swore after that one that I would never get a black car again. And now I'll be getting one twice the size.

Just as well black looks stunning when it is clean.

I'm on my third black car and it's definitely a bipolar experience!!! Formentor in red looks fabulous.

I see the dealer I bought my Superb from have Cupra listed on their website I'll have a chat with them when I'm getting the car serviced. Be nice to be driving something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just stuck a deposit on mine. It's the 204hp hybrid, in black. It's already been ordered, so is in production.

Just a question - these don't seem to come with alarms, or at least it has to be added as an extra. Mine hasn't been specced with the alarm. Last time I bought a new car they all came with alarms, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Is it worth fitting an aftermarket one, or does it make any real difference to the insurance?

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Just stuck a deposit on mine. It's the 204hp hybrid, in black. It's already been ordered, so is in production.

Just a question - these don't seem to come with alarms, or at least it has to be added as an extra. Mine hasn't been specced with the alarm. Last time I bought a new car they all came with alarms, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Is it worth fitting an aftermarket one, or does it make any real difference to the insurance?

That was actually one of the questions that I asked when I was with the Dealer, that I thought it odd that the alarm was an option. Especially given that the insurance company ask if alarm/immobiliser/tracker is fitted.

I was told that the immobiliser should be enough, that the alarm is mainly of opportunistic thieves targeting items that are on display.

I was like yourself, every car I have had since 2002 has had an alarm on it. It will be odd just being immobiliser only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I've only ever had one Irish car with a factory fitted alarm as standard, and even at that it was due to the trim level I think. UK cars seem to have them fitted as standard a lot more than here.

• Advertisement

Yeah mine didn’t come with an alarm but I bargained the price of an alarm off the car and had one fitted the day after I bought it , even as a small deterrent I wouldn’t be comfortable without an alarm ...

If you're worried about the car being stolen look up Autowatch Ghost. It's the best immobiliser system on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If they don’t have alarms, do they even have deadlocks? Is that a bundled option on VW stuff?

You'd think deadlocks are pretty standard on everything, the cars I had that didn't have factory fitted alarms all had deadlocks anyway.

Hurrache wrote: »
    You'd think deadlocks are pretty standard on everything, the cars I had that didn't have factory fitted alarms all had deadlocks anyway.

I know from the spate of break ins to Mk7 Golfs back in 2018 to steal the wheels and wheel nut keys via the rear door window that Irish ones don’t have deadlocks as standard. Same with the Octavias.

I might be wrong here but I think even the Golf R didn’t have them standard. Open to correction on that.

That's mad. I have a Mk1 Octavia and I was sure that had them but maybe not, didn't realise cars that recent didn't have them from VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Hurrache wrote: »

Ive a 2016 Leon SE and even that has deadlocks as standard. If you want to keep the neighbours and yourself up at night get a an aftermarket alarm! It will come with Cupra Connect which is basically a tracking device. That along with deadlocks and immobiliser is enough security imo. Most car theft I believe is using the keys fished so the alarm won't help you there anyway.

Casati wrote: »
    Ive a 2016 Leon SE and even that has deadlocks as standard. If you want to keep the neighbours and yourself up at night get a an aftermarket alarm! It will come with Cupra Connect which is basically a tracking device. That along with deadlocks and immobiliser is enough security imo. Most car theft I believe is using the keys fished so the alarm won't help you there anyway.

Is that a Uk import?

Just checked VW site. New Golf doesn’t have Safelock as standard.

New model R for €63000 has alarm and safelock standard

• Advertisement

I don't understand why when the UK equivalent does, I can't imagine it's that much of an expense to save money not installing it.

You car has it doesn't it, with a factory fitted alarm? Ours does too but they're both UK cars if I remember correctly.

Advertisement