Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cupra Formentor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Irishcrx wrote: »
    It is a sticking point and probably why I've been holding the order while I consider it , however I do need a bigger family style car and the every other crossover/ SUV I've seen has bored me to death - at least this one gives me that ' feeling' to look at it and sit in.

I'm not sure what on the market would offer more HP in the same range , obviously Seat/ Volkswagan with same engine are similar price but IMO can't match the style.

Theres quite a few 190 options around with those brands?
    Also I know its probably more expensive but Volvo XC60 d4 would be 190hp. I'm guessing the xc40 is too small?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Theres quite a few 190 options around with those brands?
    Also I know its probably more expensive but Volvo XC60 d4 would be 190hp. I'm guessing the xc40 is too small?

XC60 in R-Design trim starts over €57k for diesel before any options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thats a lot of money for 150hp.

I don't think so. This years Superb is €40k. The same one last year was €35k. The 150hp one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

finbarrk wrote: »
    I don't think so. This years Superb is €40k. The same one last year was €35k. The 150hp one.

True , the the segment I actually think it's in and around what you see in the Skoda/ VW equilevent and I genuinely think it's a better looking car and the tech is really good...tech usually not my thing it's the driving and the styling and this is the only car I seen that really caught my eye and had me thinking ok that might be for me.

Seem to be getting a decent deal under the RRP with a few extras added so think I'll be moving to order on Tuesday.

The 150 doesn't bother me , I'm losing two really nice cars to fund this but will still have a Boxster S for weekends for myself it's more a family choice...always a remap option to =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

...... however I do need a bigger family style car and the every other crossover/ SUV I've seen has bored me to death - at least this one gives me that ' feeling' to look at it and sit in.... .

My thoughts exactly. I haven't sat in one yet (hopefully next week) but at least it stirred the emotions some bit to look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

The price is nuts in the quick Cupra’s now, the 2.0 310bhp is 10k dearer than the just released S3. Are people really going to spend 67k on one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,551 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Thats a lot of money for 150hp.

Not really not for what you are getting I think its quiet good value for the best looking SUV out there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

AMKC wrote: »
    Not really not for what you are getting I think its quiet good value for the best looking SUV out there.

Good looking, yes
    Best looking, that's a stretch.

pippip wrote: »
    Good looking, yes
    Best looking, that's a stretch.

What’s the best looking in your opinion so?

What’s the best looking in your opinion so?

Looks are so opinionated though aren’t they, I think the Formentor is one of the best looking in its class for sure hence my interest in it, I even think it’s better looking than the Alfa Stelvio and I’m a hardcore Alfisti.

Competition...Stelvio, F-pace IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭easyvision

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Unreal aren't they? Did a trip to Vincent's yesterday 4.2/100. Best I ever saw was 4.0/100. I can't see cupra putting a diesel into them, economy oriented drivers aren't their target audience.

You can get the 2L diesel in it on the Cupra website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭CoBo55

easyvision wrote: »
    You can get the 2L diesel in it on the Cupra website

I was corrected on that ages ago, you're way behind the correction curve lad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Was down with the dealer this morning dropping my cupra in for a service, and had a little look around a formentor. I can see the appeal. Looks lovely inside and out. Just too high for my taste, but I can really see why people like them. The price seems a bit steep in my opinion but cost is subjective. I mean some people would buy a G wagon while others would buy 10 Jimnys, to each their own.

Oh before anyone jumps down my neck, I didn't check prices of g wagons or Jimnys, its just a throw away example/comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Austmcc wrote: »
    Was down with the dealer this morning dropping my cupra in for a service, and had a little look around a formentor. I can see the appeal. Looks lovely inside and out. Just too high for my taste, but I can really see why people like them. The price seems a bit steep in my opinion but cost is subjective. I mean some people would buy a G wagon while others would buy 10 Jimnys, to each their own.

Oh before anyone jumps down my neck, I didn't check prices of g wagons or Jimnys, its just a throw away example/comment.

The price of the formentor looks competitive with other suv / high cars.

Austmcc wrote: »

It is expensive on first looking but the spec is very good and it does look nice, add bits on to a karoq etc, to match it and you wouldn't be long getting to the same money.

Bought one today in Black, was very impressed on the test drive compared to the other crossovers I’ve tried and looked at this one looked and felt a step above ...great interior , quality feel of materials ...steering is a little light but in no way bad , I went with the 1.5 after considering the PHEV and it’s lively, not quick but not slow. Space is really good , tech is excellent ...price in the end was good looking forward to picking her up.

Is there much of a waiting list? Or was it in stock?

Is there much of a waiting list? Or was it in stock?

They had one of the spec I wanted in stock so was lucky , they have a few more in Swords and Lucan in different spec a few of them I think we’re sold as they were “sealed” , wait time for factory order is 12 weeks or 15 weeks if you want full leather . More stock arriving end of the month they said .

What sort of a spare wheel do they have? Skoda are still supplying a proper one.

What sort of a spare wheel do they have? Skoda are still supplying a proper one.

They have a choice of the pump up type kit or you can spec a spare wheel as an option ...

• Advertisement

I must correct this. I mistook it. It's €37k this year. Up from €35k. It's the Style model that's €40k.

Went to see one today. My first impression was Wow - But that was the 300bhp with all the kit in the showroom. When I went to see the standard 1.5 outside, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. That said, it probably needed a bit of a wash.

Sizewise, it's a bit smaller than I thought and is really more of a big Hatchback than an SUV. It looked a good bit smaller than the Atecca beside it. Still a good looking car though and worth a serious look

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

BnB wrote: »
    Went to see one today. My first impression was Wow - But that was the 300bhp with all the kit in the showroom. When I went to see the standard 1.5 outside, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. That said, it probably needed a bit of a wash.

Sizewise, it's a bit smaller than I thought and is really more of a big Hatchback than an SUV. It looked a good bit smaller than the Atecca beside it. Still a good looking car though and worth a serious look

Formentor is same width and 80mm longer than the Ateca. It is quite a bit lower though.

Formentor is same width and 80mm longer than the Ateca. It is quite a bit lower though.

Interesting to note that. The height really made it look smaller from the outside.

The driving position felt great (even though I didn't actually drive it) and the rear passenger room felt good. The boot did look a bit small but you get that with a lot of Crossovers.

Picked her up this morning , very happy with it all round it has fantastic features as standard I was pretty blown away with all the safety , driving assists , infotainment ...and it drives great to boot . I think this will sell well in Ireland .

Picked her up this morning , very happy with it all round it has fantastic features as standard I was pretty blown away with all the safety , driving assists , infotainment ...and it drives great to boot . I think this will sell well in Ireland .

That’s her ...

• Advertisement

That’s her ...

Very nice it looks gorgeous.

Advertisement