Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

New Home wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not something to do with your sms app? You should be able to see those verification codes in your text messages, too, if I'm not mistaken.

AIB is the only one I have a problem with .
    All other verifications come in OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    AIB is the only one I have a problem with .
    All other verifications come in OK.

I'm with GoMo from day one & AIB too but have never had those issues.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I've just spotted a €30 call billed to me for a call to south east asia (which never happened!).

Have others had spurious costs tagged onto the bill? A smaller one might have slipped under the radar.

I lodged a complaint.

(but otherwise, in keeping with the thread theme I have few complaints other than not being in an excellent coverage area)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

^^
    Well, they failed their '24 hour' response promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GoMo's €12.99 for life offer ends 31st of March, wonder what's next?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

im guessing €14.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    im guessing €14.99 a month.
    Is there any way to find out how profitable GoMo is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

jrmb wrote: »
    Dont know but the €9.99 deal my sons signed up for first time around seems pretty good now, both happy with service, me i stayed with Vodafone:(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

GoMo is a product from Eir - they publish quarterly results, and seem to be doing very solidly, despite Covid.

Presumably Eir benefited due to Homeworkers and Homeschoolers signing up for fibre broadband through Covid, although they would have lost a lot of business traffic due to hotels, airlines etc being shut down, and their TV costs were probably hammered by the lack of Sporting events.

I expect that a lot of the costs with mobile relate to handset subsidies, shops and support of handsets that users break etc. The GoMo product eliminates these costs by being SIM-only. With a lean customer support model, they have probably reduced the costs to a minimum - and it is likely to be quite profitable.

https://www.eir.ie/pressroom/eir-announces-second-quarter-FY21-results-to-31-December-2020/

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Dont know but the €9.99 deal my sons signed up for first time around seems pretty good now, both happy with service, me i stayed with Vodafone:(
    Yes, I'm very happy with GoMo at €9.99 myself. I'm still a bit uncomfortable with MVNOs though. I lost my phone number of nearly 10 years when ID Mobile closed while I was living abroad.

• Advertisement

GoMo is a product from Eir - they publish quarterly results, and seem to be doing very solidly, despite Covid.

Presumably Eir benefited due to Homeworkers and Homeschoolers signing up for fibre broadband through Covid, although they would have lost a lot of business traffic due to hotels, airlines etc being shut down, and their TV costs were probably hammered by the lack of Sporting events.

I expect that a lot of the costs with mobile relate to handset subsidies, shops and support of handsets that users break etc. The GoMo product eliminates these costs by being SIM-only. With a lean customer support model, they have probably reduced the costs to a minimum - and it is likely to be quite profitable.

https://www.eir.ie/pressroom/eir-announces-second-quarter-FY21-results-to-31-December-2020/

I like the SIM-only model, and owning a dual SIM handset outright is working out well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

I like the SIM-only model, and owning a dual SIM handset outright is working out well for me.

Happy out here as well with the two €9.99 SIM's I have from GoMo. One is in my S21 Ultra and nice to be able to see 5G pop up here and there. Other is in my Surface Pro X and love the fact I can bring it anywhere and always have connectivity.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Can anyone tell me the best way of porting across to GoMo? I'm with Eir at the moment with a sim only bill pay plan but not sure how to coordinate the switch. I don't want to be charged for two sims for the first month, nor do I want to go without a provider while I'm waiting for a sim in the post.

If I order a GoMo sim and then cancel my Eir mobile plan when it arrives does Eir refund you the portion of the month that you're not with them?

VonLuck wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the best way of porting across to GoMo? I'm with Eir at the moment with a sim only bill pay plan but not sure how to coordinate the switch. I don't want to be charged for two sims for the first month, nor do I want to go without a provider while I'm waiting for a sim in the post.

If I order a GoMo sim and then cancel my Eir mobile plan when it arrives does Eir refund you the portion of the month that you're not with them?

I think Eir bills retrospectively, so you'd get a bill for part of a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I got a refund for the unused portion of the month from Three

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

I’ve no problems with my GoMo

I got a refund for the unused portion of the month from Three

When I ported from Eir to GoMo (if that's considered porting), it took months to get my refund. Then at the end of my landline contact they wanted to charge me €90 even though I'd cancelled. I hope I never have to use Eir again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭ps200306

When I ported from Eir to GoMo (if that's considered porting), it took months to get my refund. Then at the end of my landline contact they wanted to charge me €90 even though I'd cancelled. I hope I never have to use Eir again.
    Have never heard anyone with a good word to say about Eir customer service, also know others who they tried to rip off for that €90 after cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

madmoe wrote: »
    Happy out here as well with the two €9.99 SIM's I have from GoMo. One is in my S21 Ultra and nice to be able to see 5G pop up here and there. Other is in my Surface Pro X and love the fact I can bring it anywhere and always have connectivity.

Cheers,
    M

I have a 5G Pixel 5 and Gomo doesn't have 5G?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have a 5G Pixel 5 and Gomo doesn't have 5G?

I get it loads on my Galaxy S21 Ultra and loads of other on here do as well. Blackhorse is 100% one of the places I always see it, pass there a lot on the LUAS.

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    I get it loads on my Galaxy S21 Ultra and loads of other on here do as well. Blackhorse is 100% one of the places I always see it, pass there a lot on the LUAS.

Cheers,
    M

Blackhorse Luas?

Interesting, as they have nothing at all about 5G on their website, they possibly could be testing for an upcoming roll out?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Cork981

It’s not actually “real” 5G as you won’t get the juicy bandwidth from the 85mhz of n78 Eir have. It’s likely the cell supports 5G and your connected to what is essentially 10 or 15mhz LTE which acts as an anchor band for n78 5G. But unless your on a 5G plan you won’t connect to the NSA 5G radio.

Cork981 wrote: »
    It’s not actually “real” 5G as you won’t get the juicy bandwidth from the 85mhz of n78 Eir have. It’s likely the cell supports 5G and your connected to what is essentially 10 or 15mhz LTE which acts as an anchor band for n78 5G. But unless your on a 5G plan you won’t connect to the NSA 5G radio.

So it's just 4G then? :)

I get around 24mb on an LTE speed test in North Dublin...

This is what is on the Gomo website :

GoMo uses the eir network, with 99% 3G population coverage and 99% 4G population coverage across the country.

As we’re on the eir network, you know that you will always be connected.

This map is a guide for 2G, 3G and 4G coverage in a specific area and not a guarantee of availability at a specific address within that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Londonsangel

So hubby and I ported today to gomo. Same time. Mine’s perfect. Hubby’s just won’t work. Only gets calls from gomo and eir. No texts either. Told the guy on chat that the port didn’t work and after disconnecting me 3 times he did not understand the issue and chat disappeared. I’m livid. Wanna go back to Vodafone and now we can’t even receive that text! Any ideas how to change from this useless network and not lose the number we’ve had for so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

So hubby and I ported today to gomo. Same time. Mine’s perfect. Hubby’s just won’t work. Only gets calls from gomo and eir. No texts either. Told the guy on chat that the port didn’t work and after disconnecting me 3 times he did not understand the issue and chat disappeared. I’m livid. Wanna go back to Vodafone and now we can’t even receive that text! Any ideas how to change from this useless network and not lose the number we’ve had for so long?

I had a problem a few years ago when I ported from Vodafone to Eir. After awhile I couldn't receive calls or texts from Vodafone numbers. Like your husband I couldn't receive the text to port back to Vodafone. However they were able to deal with it in a Vodafone store. I had to sign a form confirming that the mobile number was mine.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ye only ported today, give it a chance, sometimes a full port can take up to 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭VonLuck

How do you go about switching from your current provider to GoMo? It asks for a switch date on the GoMo website, so does that mean I have to call up my current provider on that same day and manually cancel or is it done automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I’ve been on gomo €9.99 per month for a year now. Gotta say I’ve had zero issues with the company.
    Signal in north co Dublin is always perfect and 4G is optimal with no issues even tethering up to 3 devices at a time.
    I’m paying a third of my previous monthly bill cost to EIR mobile.
    Recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

How do you go about switching from your current provider to GoMo? It asks for a switch date on the GoMo website, so does that mean I have to call up my current provider on that same day and manually cancel or is it done automatically?

As long as you've given GoMo all your details from current provider (account number if bill account, If your number is multiline account, more than one on an account, specify) you don't need to contact current provider, GoMo do the port request, choose date. If your bill pay at present, current provider will issue final bill. If prepay, use your credit as it will be lost. That's it really. I've been on the €9.99 since the start, no issues at all.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

dalyboy wrote: »
    I’ve been on gomo €9.99 per month for a year now. Gotta say I’ve had zero issues with the company.
    Signal in north co Dublin is always perfect and 4G is optimal with no issues even tethering up to 3 devices at a time.
    I’m paying a third of my previous monthly bill cost to EIR mobile.
    Recommended

Yeah, the same here in Dublin 8 and we used to spend a lot of time in different parts of Wicklow. €19.98/month for what used to cost €60-70.

Advertisement