Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Welcome to the area. Just to let any castlefarm owners (or renter) know. There is a Facebook page called dunboyne notice board. Lots of info on the page from the locality.
    I just saw there is to be a water supply issue tomorrow (apparently ll dunboyne and surrounding areas) so fill your buckets.

The page is very handy for info on things you might not even consider!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Welcome to the area. Just to let any castlefarm owners (or renter) know. There is a Facebook page called dunboyne notice board. Lots of info on the page from the locality.
    I just saw there is to be a water supply issue tomorrow (apparently ll dunboyne and surrounding areas) so fill your buckets.

The page is very handy for info on things you might not even consider!

Thanks a million for this, just requested to join the fb group!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

Hi Brosnan! Would it be possible to DM me as well about Bespace? Many thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anderson1966

Hi we are interested in 4 bed end of terrace in phase 3 at 455 but they won't confirm if there will be a price increases, were they charging extra for South facing gardens, you mentioned 489 which would put us off

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

Yes, there were price variations based on location and type, in phase 2 the gable end 4 bed was €465k. There was only one 3 bed end for €380k, the rest were €385k to €395k. There was only 1 3bed mid at €360k, the rest were €365k.

The advertised prices still up on Daft, Sherry & Castlefarm are not really indicative of majority of pricing. We spoke to two individuals in EA, one didn't commit to any price change, but second said there could be potential increase % depending on type & location from phase 2 pricing, mentioning the higher end being €489. We took that we needed to budget for 10k to 20k potential increase. This seems to line up with the price increases from phase 1 to 2. I'm just hoping they will see some sense and not increase, but I've yet to see 3rd phase that didn't go up in the last two years in the market. It's so difficult to plan with AIP knowing you might have to find another 10k to 20k.

I also found some planning applications which are in An Bord Pleanala for Connaughton owned land adjacent, and they have huge plans for 800+ apartments and houses. I think locally tgis has been disputed but the land has been rezoned and while It has not been approved yet but I wonder the pricing impact and if approved the traffic implications. The ring road the new one planned will also make some of the houses position potentially quite noisy, maybe.

Summerseat just 2 minutes are still selling 3bed end for €360k & in the new phase there is 4 bed duplex €360k. Again, there are large plans to develop the surrounding land in Clonee via the fast track applications.

I appreciate in rising market with limited supply, developers who have manged to build, can pretty much, indiscriminately increase. I just hope they will keep to phase 2 pricing, maybe wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Momofthree79

Hi all
    We are hoping to secure one of 3 beds in phase 3. Anyone know what number the houses are that are going up for sale in phase 3?
    The EA told me they will be released may/June with completion date 6/8 months later.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

Hi all
    We are hoping to secure one of 3 beds in phase 3. Anyone know what number the houses are that are going up for sale in phase 3?
    The EA told me they will be released may/June with completion date 6/8 months later.

Thanks

I believe the numbers to be released in phase 3 are 1-22. 23-42 was p1 and 43-51 was p2.

Wormy001 wrote: »
    I believe the numbers to be released in phase 3 are 1-22. 23-42 was p1 and 43-51 was p2.

Thanks for this wormy

I contacted the EA but have yet to receive a response.

Agreed regarding AIP and the uncertainty of price increases. We're new to this so perhaps a silly question but at what point would the full deposit have to be paid if phase 3 isn't due to be completed until the end of the year/early next year? Each extra month of saving will make the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FTBuyer2021

Hello,

It can be a bit confusing, so hope this helps.

It depends on your circumstances and how much deposit it is. Let’s just say you want a house for €390k

The estate agent will look for a refundable €5k booking deposit to secure the booking.

You need to be in a position to put down 10% when signing contracts, €39k. So that could be up €30k from your help to buy (if you’re eligible) and remaining €4k (cause you’ve paid €5k already booking fee) when signing contracts, you would transfer this via your solicitor. This is usually couple of weeks after you’ve got your approval in principle / paid your booking fee with estate agent.

Someone on the thread might be able to articulate it better than me. Hope it helps!
    Agreed regarding AIP and the uncertainty of price increases. We're new to this so perhaps a silly question but at what point would the full deposit have to be paid if phase 3 isn't due to be completed until the end of the year/early next year? Each extra month of saving will make the difference!

• Advertisement

Hello,

It can be a bit confusing, so hope this helps.

It depends on your circumstances and how much deposit it is. Let’s just say you want a house for €390k

The estate agent will look for a refundable €5k booking deposit to secure the booking.

You need to be in a position to put down 10% when signing contracts, €39k. So that could be up €30k from your help to buy (if you’re eligible) and remaining €4k (cause you’ve paid €5k already booking fee) when signing contracts, you would transfer this via your solicitor. This is usually couple of weeks after you’ve got your approval in principle / paid your booking fee with estate agent.

Someone on the thread might be able to articulate it better than me. Hope it helps!

Yes that’s about right!

The EA told me yesterday that we must provide proof of AIP and be sale agreed on our own house in order to book one of the houses. She also said that they cannot confirm at this stage all remaining houses will be released in phase 3. Suppose this is because we’re are level 5 with no construction.

Anyone moving in or in estate with children. We have a 6 year old girl and two boys age 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

Hey, Momofthree79.
    I think there will be more families with children in Castle Farm (we reserved in Phase 2 and also have two primary-school children and I think there were more mentions of school/children in this thread)
    Related to the EA information about the houses to be released next - I suppose they do not know upfront - for the simple reason that we are where we are with a total lockdown on construction industry, as many others and with a close-to-zero vaccination program progress - and not even government know what they will do next - hence the "cannot confirm at this stage" information from the EA.
    Regarding the house prices (not in Your post - but elsewher in this thread) - understandably there is a concern of price increase with each new phase release - but my oppinion is - mainly due to limited supply and increased demand - house prices will only go in one direction for the next few years (and that price direction is for sure not "down"). If You're like us - paying over 1600/month for Your rent - every delayed year is another 20K spent on rent, so - Yeah - probably look around for a good/low rate fixed'term mortgage and buy Your own house - will be cheaper then renting.

Good Luck - hope things work out fine for You.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

barbarosa wrote: »
    Hey, Momofthree79.
    I think there will be more families with children in Castle Farm (we reserved in Phase 2 and also have two primary-school children and I think there were more mentions of school/children in this thread)
    Related to the EA information about the houses to be released next - I suppose they do not know upfront - for the simple reason that we are where we are with a total lockdown on construction industry, as many others and with a close-to-zero vaccination program progress - and not even government know what they will do next - hence the "cannot confirm at this stage" information from the EA.
    Regarding the house prices (not in Your post - but elsewher in this thread) - understandably there is a concern of price increase with each new phase release - but my oppinion is - mainly due to limited supply and increased demand - house prices will only go in one direction for the next few years (and that price direction is for sure not "down"). If You're like us - paying over 1600/month for Your rent - every delayed year is another 20K spent on rent, so - Yeah - probably look around for a good/low rate fixed'term mortgage and buy Your own house - will be cheaper then renting.

Good Luck - hope things work out fine for You.

I completely agree. A Castle Farm house is up for rent for 2250 per month on daft. The apartments in the area get at least 1700 for rent. If you’re in a position to buy it makes such sense not to rent while rental prices are so high.

Its nice to see photos of what the house will look like when we get keys. It’s looking hopeful the site will reopen in April....fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

It's really sad & difficult situation in the housing market, the Covid restrictions have added another layer of hysteria and misery for anyone trying to get a 'home'. There is something unjust, in my opinion, to have a brand new 3bed now being rented, when there is/was a list of people trying to purchase as their primary residence in this estate.

I don't blame anyone singular speculating (buying to rent) on the market as it is set up. Certainly the government have made it the only viable option for anyone, who cannot afford to buy (which is a huge proportion of the country) having to rent. So these properties will always be needed.

My issue is the huge amount of properties being bought by vulture funds (blocks empty in Dublin City), the state (purchasing via other avenues after the 10%) & developers building to rent, which is leaving the average family who are trying to secure a home in this nightmare scenario. It makes it more lucrative then as an 'investment'.

Certainly anyone who can afford to purchase and who may be renting at high costs should consider buying, the issue is as it's always been supply. There are too many now chasing the same properties. People are bidding in some cases up to 40% more than guide, new builds are stalled and the policies are just not there to make any short term change. It's just a very small example of that house in Castlefarm now being available to rent. Anyone who missed out on that opportunity to buy it to live in it is surely upset. I know I'm disheartened.

Wishing anyone who is trying to buy a home, the very best in the next phase, whenever it gets going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dafarell

Has anyone been able to find a date of completion for Phase 3? Or even seen what progress the build has made to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dafarell

dafarell wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to find a date of completion for Phase 3? Or even seen what progress the build has made to date?

Friends who bought in another development got updates from Laybase every few weeks... I'm not looking for an exact date, but a few months can maek a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭utmbuilder

With these new builds they put social tennents in first, then 25 or so private people at a time.

Pretty soon the estate is 55% social housing the 4 beds come first then the duplexes 900 sq feet ok on top of one another in blocks.

They normally put the social people in first to form a steering committee for the estate. As they normally plan to build a little more duplexes than on the plans as the government pay 400 million annual for social housing.

The home owners of the private homes will be maybe 35% Europeans couples.working all day in multinationals, no kids the social side lots of kids.

One side of the estate private one social. Maybe 5 private renters if the developer holds on to a few houses.

Social pay rent of 250 for single mums 400 for 2 partners.

The Irish who buy are lucky big shots with 90k on their p60s or self employed.

TUATH is a big operator in meath.

Social people are good garda vetted, but you do get a lot of young kids in summer , some dosmetic crap, some petty crime like garda raids no major criminality in any of the 82 new developments.

Irish people don't mind it in experience some europeans have different ideas about property rights and get frustrated.

The houses are turn key amazing quality huge attics, but the gardens are normally crap and after floors and carpet, furnishings the patio is the next cost.

dafarell wrote: »

Unfortunately nobody knows at the moment due to restrictions on construction. If they can open the site again next month you'll get an estimated completion date from the EA.

utmbuilder wrote: »
    With these new builds they put social tennents in first, then 25 or so private people at a time.

Pretty soon the estate is 55% social housing the 4 beds come first then the duplexes 900 sq feet ok on top of one another in blocks.

They normally put the social people in first to form a steering committee for the estate. As they normally plan to build a little more duplexes than on the plans as the government pay 400 million annual for social housing.

The home owners of the private homes will be maybe 35% Europeans couples.working all day in multinationals, no kids the social side lots of kids.

One side of the estate private one social. Maybe 5 private renters if the developer holds on to a few houses.

Social people are good garda vetted, but you do get a lot of young kids in summer , some dosmetic crap, some petty crime like garda raids no major criminality in any of the 82 new developments.

Irish people don't mind it in experience some europeans have different ideas about property rights and get frustrated.

The houses are turn key amazing quality huge attics, but the gardens are normally crap and after floors and carpet, furnishings the patio is the next cost.

What are you going on about?! Please take your anti social housing rhetoric elsewhere.

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    What are you going on about?! Please take your anti social housing rhetoric elsewhere.

It's not anti social housing. It's a fact price register shows on average its 260,000 of authority money paid for 900 sq foot of build.

Private homes in these develoments get 1500 sq foot for a median value of 270k

Social tennents have been deployed exceptionally well over the past 3 years, a great mix of people from all classes of society.

• Advertisement

It was suggested earlier in the thread that the EA said the release will be in May/June and completion would be 6-8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

utmbuilder wrote: »

Very conflicted post...
    As an Irish European, I think most people support social housing policy here. I may have been working long hours for many years...and have been struggling to afford a 3 bed house...yet I accept that 10 percent of all new estates goes to social housing...this promotes an integrated society...where those less fortunate than us are cared for and not marginalised....social problems and criminal activity can be present in all areas of society and in all estates. Castle Farm is in a lovely area, with excellent schools. I feel very lucky to be buying a house here. I hope everyone else who wants to reserve one is successful and that the prices don’t jump for ye in the next phase. I think they’ll release the next phase on April 5th once restrictions are eased. The houses will fly up once the sites are open...It takes 17 weeks to complete them from start to finish. From what I can see, they haven’t begun phase 3 yet. Phase 2 have timber frames, roofs, windows, and some brickwork...

Very conflicted post...
    As an Irish European, I think most people support social housing policy here. I may have been working long hours for many years...and have been struggling to afford a 3 bed house...yet I accept that 10 percent of all new estates goes to social housing...this promotes an integrated society...where those less fortunate than us are cared for and not marginalised....social problems and criminal activity can be present in all areas of society and in all estates. Castle Farm is in a lovely area, with excellent schools. I feel very lucky to be buying a house here. I hope everyone else who wants to reserve one is successful and that the prices don’t jump for ye in the next phase. I think they’ll release the next phase on April 5th once restrictions are eased. The houses will fly up once the sites are open...It takes 17 weeks to complete them from start to finish. From what I can see, they haven’t begun phase 3 yet. Phase 2 have timber frames, roofs, windows, and some brickwork...

It won't be 10% not a chance not even near 30% it will be 40 to 50+ social infact I can show you which addresses. 82 of the rebuilding Ireland sites are the same.

Infact the housing association shows each property they lay claim to as soon as its built with a c1 form of mortgage registration charge in their company accounts viewable on visionnet.

Ask who will cut your grass, fix your roads,.. You will get the builder and after the builder leaves the council, ring the council and see if they know anything about taking over the maintenance they won't as the housing association gets a quarterly fee.

My comment regarding the large amount of draw downs by Europeans is because they work hard and both work, a lot of my neighbours both in PayPal microsoft, amazon, Google or Ryanair gone at 7am home at 7pm, the reason the reason they get an entry level mortgage they can show 80k+ on their p60s

I mentioned property rights as issues arise with people climbing walls in Ireland young kids, open drive ways, football.on green areas.

It's an adjustment period to become part of a community one side on a housing list 15 years who got their break in life , the other side dealing with the large volume.of kids which can be 2 to 5 per household in the housing authority providers, our posh estate sees multiple groups of 20 kids between 8 to 12 playing from dusk till dawn.

It's nice everyone is equal. It's new community's new society.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

utmbuilder if you have no specific information for this development, do not post in this thread again.

Do not reply to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Has anyone else received an email from the builders today providing their MPRN number? Just wondering if anyone knows how this works with getting the house set up for electricity when we are ready to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

Has anyone else received an email from the builders today providing their MPRN number? Just wondering if anyone knows how this works with getting the house set up for electricity when we are ready to move in?

---
    We did not receive an email in this regard yet - presume it will be closer to the moving-in time (not expecting that to be before july for the Phase 2 - where we booked - and that only if building sites reopen in april).
    --
    In regard "how this works with getting the house set up for electricity" - that is pretty straight-forward - You contact by phone or online registration form whatever energy provider You choose (i.e Bord Gáis, Electric Ireland, etc etc) - confirm Your details, including address, billing and MPRN - and they should drive it from there - once confirming the account - Your bills will be issued by the respective company.
    Good luck.

Yes got it today too! Delighted the site will be back open on 12th!

Raighne01 wrote: »
    We got out our keys today and the house beside us seem to be in as well!

Hi Raighne hope you're good and settling in well?

Random question but did the ensuite bathroom come with a glass door for the shower? Theres wasn't one in the show house so just want to be prepared if we need to get one!

Do feel free to pass on any advice/tips for the rest of us who are patiently waiting to move in!!

Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Hi Raighne hope you're good and settling in well?

Random question but did the ensuite bathroom come with a glass door for the shower? Theres wasn't one in the show house so just want to be prepared if we need to get one!

Do feel free to pass on any advice/tips for the rest of us who are patiently waiting to move in!!

Thanks a million!

It’s very rare for new builds to come with shower doors these days so I’d budget for one to be safe

Advertisement