Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Hi everyone, we just moved in this weekend and things are finally coming together! One thing we can’t seem to figure out at all is the heating system, and in this weather we are absolutely boiling! Does anyone know if the heating system works as air conditioning as well? The menu book button on the top right hand side of the thermostats doesn’t seem to respond to touch so we are a bit lost! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barbarosa

1. Broadband

As we're expecting a move-in date close to end'of august into our house (Phase 2, 3rd row of houses) - I went ahead and ordered a VirginMedia fiblre/tv bundle today; first I received an email with the order nmbr, then another another email with my new account number, next I received a text about an hour later that a technician will call to the house on 02 Sept; also confirmed with the Customer Support on the whatsapp that is required - as they will most likely need to set-up the connection points, so no real "plug and play" atm for the internet equipment.

If You guys already snagged or expecting to soon, do not delay that - try to place the broadband order asap as takes a 5-6 weeks

Electricity

I finally received the "update" email from BoardGais with the account "welcome package" - so that I presume means that builder sent in the wiring certificates to "ESB" and they connected the house to electricity, so presume that part is sorted, also

Snagging - we did not yet get a date - we're further down the road, but presumingly will be within next week-two - there was still some cosmetic work in progress at the house, heating connectivity, etc; hope to get there soon, also

Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Hey I contacted the company that supplied the heatpump and they said it only heats! No cooling option :( The house does be boiling, although we have not moved in yet. Hoping it won't normally be as hot and it's just down to the freak heatwave. Did you get your broadband and tv sorted? VM have told us Sept 23rd for installation!! Currently on the phone to them to try get it sooner.

Yes great advice re Virgin Media - they are painfully slow at the moment. We are hoping to move in around the first week of August..we have our keys but need flooring etc done first. Best of luck and will be good to meet you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marscall16

We are in 2nd Phase/3rd row and have our keys since last week. Virgin gave us date of 12th of August for installation which is not that bad, but also been on to them to try and get it sooner. Hoping to be moved in by start of August 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

We're in pretty much the exact same boat as you.

We are further down the row too and are hoping to potentially get the snag done in the next week or two. Electricity went live on Wednesday (apparently the issue we were having was ESB not installing the meter?). And having the same timing problem with Virgin. Both of us working from home so badly need to have a stable internet. But it's all moving in the right direction so can't complain too much :)

Was down looking at the houses during the week and the place is looking great. The next phase of houses seem to be going up quite fast and its nice seeing more and more people moving in.

Hi, we got broadband sorted after kicking up a fuss with Virgin Media; they gave us a priority appointment for the next day!

We were talking to Eddie about the heating and he said it doesn’t cool unfortunately, although we might look into getting that installed eventually, depending on price, amount of work, etc.

We are getting Sky in for TV but haven’t had a chance to with all the running around, so Netflix it is for the time being! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoifec1234

Hi All,

Recently found this thread and so far it’s been very helpful , thanks!

We have secured a 3 bed end of terrace in phase 3 - due for completion Q4.

I was wondering if anyone in the 3 bed houses has put in an island in the kitchen , and how does it look?

Hope everyone Is settling in well in their new homes! :)

Thanks,

Aoife

Hey, Aoife, welcome to this thread

We did not put an island in the kitchen as we have other layout plans (did not move in yet, hopefully in the next few weeks), but the company we work with for some furniture around the house - they suggested straight away that an island would fit nicely in the kitchen if we wanted to; (they saw the kitchen plan on the Castle Farrm Youtube video)

I can DM You the company details, if You wanted to check some design options with them.

Rgds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoifec1234

Awh that would be terrific if you could DM me their details. Thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Olive21

Hi all,

This thread has been so helpful! We’ve purchased in phase 3 and I’m just wondering if anyone has managed to make any changes to their kitchen and bathroom tiles etc?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey, usually just "minor" changes are considered/approved for the new builds, You should really discuss this with the builder (note that some things, like kitchen, for example, is supplied and fitted by a 3rd party, so that may be harder to change, depending on what You have in mind, while other things, like tiling - i.e design/color - is fitted directly by the builder and they work with a specific supplier - so You may work with the builder to review/change style - again depending on what You have in mind).

Best of luck ...

Had our Snag done today. So moving along now. Fingers crossed the remaining bits close up fast. 🤞

Hoping to be in by the end of the month.

Virgin Media initially gave us an install date of 23rd of September! but they have since called us 3 times offering us cancellation installs. Hopefully they'll have something nearer the end of the month when we have the keys.

Have provisionally booked in floors and appliances too so just hoping everything comes together nicely and all the dates work out and no more moving around is needed.

Great stuff! We moved in last weekend! Pinching ourselves that we actually own such a lovely house! Feeling very lucky.

We ended up having to move a few dates around (for floors etc) but that was just because our bank were so slow. Hopefully all work out for you!

VM are absolute chancers. Seem to give everyone a ridiculous date initially and then call to say they can actually install much sooner 🤷🏼‍♀️ We've had no problems with their broadband so far so it's worth the hassle with them.

Congrats on moving in. Must be a lovely feeling!

Hopefully won't be too long behind you. Had another call from Virgin about the cancellation install. I'm just imaging the week we actually move in they won't have any of these 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Goreil1986

Hi All, would you be able to share their details, we just bought in phase 3 and are also hoping to get an island installed. Did you have any luck with the company that installed it, Bspace?

Hey

Congrats!

We tried to design an island through BeSpace but it was an absolute waste of time. They had no interest whatsoever and the choices were very limited. We instead used Agnes at Tierney Kitchens and found her brilliant. The only downside was they would not install the island for us as they only install full kitchens. We have someone coming to the house this week to put it together for us. I can DM you pics once it's done.

Hi Olive, we asked the builder to leave all our bathrooms untiled and they did. They also reimbursed us the cost of labour for installing the tiles. We were too late to make changes to the kitchen (larger space for hob, change oven/microwave space to space for double oven) but think this would have also been possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Goreil1986

Thanks a million for that, would be great to see how it looks finished. Seems to be the case with BeSpace alright so good to have an alternative. Also looking to have some modifications done to the cabinet layouts so they hopefully Tierney Kitchens can help us out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Olive21

Thank you so much and that sounds like a good plan to me about the tiles too. Really appreciate your reply ☺️

• Advertisement

Hey everyone, I have leftover tiles, floors, grout, adhesive and tanking kit I'm looking to get rid off ASAP. Not a massive amount of anything but enough if you need a small bit of a top up

We were able to get the space changed from microwave + oven to a double oven but we raised this at the very start so probably why they were willing to accommodate this! We also asked for the fireplace gap to be filled in and they did that for us too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nics87

Hi , We were able to ask for some changes in the 3 bed house , we added the rain shower to our en-suite (like the 4bed has) for 50e extra . We had a niche added to both the main bathroom and the en-suite shower for 75e for each one .

We also asked & added a extra hole cut out for the sitting room tv so the Tv sits flush to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marykatie1989

Hello all! First time ever posting but have so many questions as I bought my first house in Castlefarm and don't know anything 😄 love all the tips re changes to the three beds, can I ask when during the process you get to ask for these changes? Also if anyone has a list if changes they made that would be unreal! Tnks!

Hey, Hope You're well and welcome!

Re' changes - some changes will be reviewed/approved, but not too big of changes. Whatever You have in mind - You should discuss them asap with the buider; Some of the houses in the 3rd phase already have the plasterboard installed as the kitchens, so things You have in mind may already not be possible to accomodate;

Things we asked for: some changes to sockets layout throughout the house; alcoves in the bathroom and shower room; extra tiles in the same (builder will not install the extra tiles, but will leave the walls plain, so You can fit whatever You have in mind after getting the keys); we fitted our own wardrobes, so BeSpace did not install them in the bedrooms upstairs, builder left the walls plain for us;

Some of the works will be extra payments from You (i.e extra electric points, alcoves, etc) and some will be reimbursed to You (i.e if You opted for Your own furniture; what is included as standard, if builder does not install it - it will be paid back to You);

Good luck...

Post edited by barbarosa on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Homie125

Hi there, does anyone happen to have floor measurements for the 3 bed? Looking to order furniture and want to be sure on size. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Homie125

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kdempsey

• Advertisement

Hey, sorry ... do not have it for the 4X bed houses, but You should be fine asking the EA or builder to have an hour in the show house to take the measurements You need. Good luck ....

Advertisement