Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gumbo wrote: »
    PS+ is due on the 15th.
    Anybody and links to the best deal available out there?

This gets asked probably every 2 weeks or so. Unfortunately the usual places like Eneba, cdkeys and instantGaming have been out of stock for Ireland PSN credit and PS Plus for a long while now so you're going to be paying full price. Something definitely going on when all the key sites are not selling Irish Psn credit or subs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This gets asked probably every 2 weeks or so. Unfortunately the usual places like Eneba, cdkeys and instantGaming have been out of stock for Ireland PSN credit and PS Plus for a long while now so you're going to be paying full price. Something definitely going on when all the key sites are not selling Irish Psn credit or subs.

I was wondering.
    At Christmas it was there but left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got an email in today from Sony with a PS Plus subscription receipt.

I'd auto renew off and I've not been charged so I think they're dealing with it a new way and the next prepaid plus year I'd got was applied as the year rolled over.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Varik wrote: »

I'd auto renew off and I've not been charged so I think they're dealing with it a new way and the next prepaid plus year I'd got was applied as the year rolled over.

Mine is due for renewal in Next month went to renew yesterday and it says expires 2022 I don’t have auto renew on and wasn’t charged. Maybe I had bought two last year but I never usually do and don’t remember doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Varik wrote: »

Mine is due for renewal in Next month went to renew yesterday and it says expires 2022 I don’t have auto renew on and wasn’t charged. Maybe I had bought two last year but I never usually do and don’t remember doing it.

I got the same email yesterday. I think it's because my previous sub was due to run out in March and I had renewed before last Christmas( while plus was on offer).

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

bazzz wrote: »
    I got the same email yesterday. I think it's because my previous sub was due to run out in March and I had renewed before last Christmas( while plus was on offer).

Thats probably the obvious answer I’ll check with my brother later he may have bought it while it was on offer at Xmas

Offer At the moment until 23rd for non members.12 months for €59.99 plus get €15 free credit to account. Only via PSN store.

Why do they never do these offers for current members. My sub is up in a few weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

companies generally don't reward customer loyalty it's all about new business and growth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

gimli2112 wrote: »
    companies generally don't reward customer loyalty it's all about new business and growth

Indeed, look up the "Lock-in cycle" to understand business strategies for getting customers, and keeping them. In this case, the "churn" is likely to be not an issue for Sony so they don't have to make offers to existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was gonna say that, people with it already won't want to lose what they have so they will fork out regardless. Crap practice, but it obviously works.

Yeah that will be me in a few weeks when it's up. Now I just need 12 months PsPlus to become available on eneba or instant gaming. Something definitely going on with both sites being out of stock of Irish PSN credit for at least 2 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Always happens me too, and even though I know I can stack them, I never buy the deal when it's available because it doesn't renew until May, and inevitably there's no deals to be found near that time. Every year, without fail, I do this. There could be a deal on the day I get paid, and I still don't do it. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any guesses or leaks on April's games? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any guesses or leaks on April's games? :)

Found this on Reddit, could be bull**** but will find out soon enough.
    i work at marketing & pr of one of local PlayStation branch

i saw the listed games as they discussed us regarding upcoming materials to translate & promotion material for upcoming months

- April
    * Oddworld Soulstorm (PS5 - PS4 is not applicable)
    * Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions ( PS4 , PS5 backwards compatible)
    * A Hat in Time ( PS4,PS5)

- May
    * Injustice 2 (PS4 / PS5 enhancement patch )
    * Cuphead ( PS4,PS5 )
    * Dreams ( PS4,PS5,PSVR )

- June
    * Grand Theft Auto Online (PS5 only , next gen upgrade available)
    * Ratchet and Clank : Into the Nexus Remaster ( PS5 )
    * Ratchet and Clank : Into the Nexus ( PS4 )

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Ratchet and Clank : Into the Nexus?

Sounds very unlikely that they would remaster a PS3 title at the same time they have a new R&C game out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The new Oddworld game is meant to be a freebie. The rest looks like a Wishlist to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Even though I got it at Christmas and haven't tried it yet, giving Dreams away would be a good way to breathe new life into it.

Captain Tsubasa is part of the Easter sale today, highly unlikely it will be announced as a psplus game for April which would render the whole list BS.

Just seen a "leak" that the other 2 games are Days Gone and Zombie Army 4. Only seen it on hotukdeals so I wouldn't call it 100% true, especially with Days gone on the instant collection on ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just seen a "leak" that the other 2 games are Days Gone and Zombie Army 4. Only seen it on hotukdeals so I wouldn't call it 100% true, especially with Days gone on the instant collection on ps5

Plenty of people won't have the PS5 though so it's a handy one to give for current PS4 users.

Yeah, would be shyte if it was Days Gone as already on Plus collection like you said. Amazing for those who haven't played it yet on PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It would be absolute scutter if they started giving away the games that are in the instant game collection on a monthly basis like that. Really can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It would be absolute scutter if they started giving away the games that are in the instant game collection on a monthly basis like that. Really can't see that happening.

Those of us on PS4 don't have that though, and that's the vast majority tbf

titan18 wrote: »
    Those of us on PS4 don't have that though, and that's the vast majority tbf

**** the PS5 users, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good month only if you have PS4 , kind of meh if you have PS5. Hopefully this isn't the start of instant collection games showing up as regular ps Plus monthly games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

CastorTroy wrote: »

Zombie month, sponsored by Sony....

Many may already own or played Days Gone, but it is the best game of all time so I've no issues them sharing this masterpiece round everyone.

The old oddworld games never quite clicked with me, but nice to have a new game as a 'freebie' to give a blast.

And Zombie Army looks a bit of craic at least for some mindless action. So not a bad month by any stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just finished Days Gone one of the best games i've played in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

**** the PS5 users, then.

Ye get Oddworld. It's 2 PS4 games and 1 PS5 so seems fair to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

titan18 wrote: »
    Ye get Oddworld. It's 2 PS4 games and 1 PS5 so seems fair to me

1 PS5 game and 1 PS4 game, Days Gone comes free with the PS Plus Collection.

Iinm there are still 8 games in the Collection that have not been on Plus

Crash N'Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    The Last Guardian
    Monster Hunter World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7