Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,425 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Peacock Network seem to be rebooting everything.

Now that NOLA has been cancelled Scott is back talking about this.

Scott Bakula Says — 'Sam's Still Out There!'

https://tvline.com/2021/02/20/quantum-leap-reboot-scott-bakula-reaction/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That would be great if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember talk years ago about his daughter Samantha going looking for him and she would sometimes leap into the same time as him so he could make an appearance.
    I liked the ending because it worked and seemed like something he would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’m about to watch the final three episodes of Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 (the one where Lennie James becomes the lead).

I was told to watch that before The Walking Dead season 9.

So I will watch Walking Dead Season 9 next.

Is there any order in which to watch the other seasons? Any crossovers or such?

No details though as I don’t want spoilers.

Kenneth Branagh as Boris in Sky's This Sceptred Isle

Screenshot-2021-02-25-at-11.48.30-e1614254070376.png?w=681&h=383&crop=1

• Advertisement

Paramount+ when launches Internationally will have Showtime attached to it.

So I'm guessing just like HBO we won't get it here because Sky has a long term partnership with Showtime.

That is Branagh?

I cannot see him at all. Uncanny.

Paramount+ when launches Internationally will have Showtime attached to it.

So I'm guessing just like HBO we won't get it here because Sky has a long term partnership with Showtime.

That would just affect the Showtime shows though.

Paramount has plenty of other content.

So it is good think that the Halo series was moved from Showtime.

Just looking at the amount of what I would consider crap content these streaming services are churning out to try and compete with each other I wonder which one of them will be the next Quibi well maybe not to go bust however to drop out of the streaming race and start selling there content to the other services.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what's the story with discovery+ is it available in ireland?

• Advertisement

Thank you John Oliver :eek::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

BBC Three is coming back to linear broadcasting from January. Big about-turn from the BBC.

https://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=270998

For those interested ITV have won the rights to air Oprah's interview with Harry & Megan beating out Sky and Discovery and it will air at 9pm next Monday the 8th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wonder how many zillions they forked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭trashcan

His hair is waaay too tidy !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,951 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm rewatching The Last Detective. Gentle comedy drama police show from the early 2000s. Peter Davison is great in it, he was "my Dr. Who" though so I have a soft spot for him anyway. Sean Hughes was good as his sidekick too.

Sad reading about what a troubled soul SeanHughes was, and an arsehole at a lot of times in his life by several accounts. The Guardian published a brutal obituary/comment piece on him before he was even buried which I thought was a bit harsh. The hard truth is usually reserved for a while after someone's death, and I thinks that's probably how it should be.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

An interview with Richard Harrington and actor who has been a regular on UK TV for the last 20 years on the affects of Covid on him having to get a job with Deliveroo just to survive.

Poldark's Richard Harrington took Deliveroo job in lockdown
    Left unemployed by lockdown, Poldark and Hinterland actor Richard Harrington got on his bike - and took a job as a takeaway delivery rider.

The 45-year-old said he took the work in London last year having done "nothing between March and September at all" during the Covid pandemic.

"I got a job with Deliveroo, going around on my bike and delivering takeaways to people," he said.

The Crown and Gangs of London actor was "grateful" to ride his bike every day.

"I'm normally quite a fit person," he said...........

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-56225148?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shows just how poorly jobbing TV actors are paid - either that or how expensive his mortgage is
    I'm rewatching The Last Detective. Gentle comedy drama police show from the early 2000s. Peter Davison is great in it, he was "my Dr. Who" though so I have a soft spot for him anyway. Sean Hughes was good as his sidekick too.

Sad reading about what a troubled soul SeanHughes was, and an arsehole at a lot of times in his life by several accounts. The Guardian published a brutal obituary/comment piece on him before he was even buried which I thought was a bit harsh. The hard truth is usually reserved for a while after someone's death, and I thinks that's probably how it should be.

The original Last Detective which was a film in 1981 (ish) is on Talking Pictures if you have it. Bernard Cribbins is the crumpled detective.

Speaking of TP, they are showing the ITC fantasy adventure series "The Champions" as of Sunday just gone. Cheesy as you like but not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Speaking of TP, they are showing the ITC fantasy adventure series "The Champions" as of Sunday just gone. Cheesy as you like but not the worst.

Jaysus, that's a blast from the past. I don't think I've thought/heard of that show in 35 years :o

It was last shown about 10 years ago on ITV 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Dub on News news complaining about inner-city council flats issues “We’re just lost in this silicone (sic) valley they’re building around us” I thought that’s what you got between a pair of implants :eek:

Digitalspy forums are in uproar, Hearst have closed some of the most popular ones including General Discussion and are making more changes soon. Cue exodus to AV forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm running another TV Based game over in Forum Games if anyone is interested in flexing some of their TV knowledge...

It's a Name That TV Character Picture PEEHS (PEEHS is essentially like the TV Show Pointless if you're familiar with that)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058172374

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

20 years ago this November Jack Bauer first graced our screens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yikes. I wonder how that has aged; not well I suspect. It was already pretty sketchy with its unilateral, post 911 attitudes during broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"CTU Almeida!"
    Got to the point where I'm sure some people thought Tony's first name was actually CTU.

Was Sleepy Hollow cancelled or did it end?

I enjoyed the first season but never got to see anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did a reboot in S4 then got cancelled

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It went on for 4 seasons IIRC; however, you did well. There was a huge decline in quality from season 2 onwards: it was a show that really struggled to move past its limited "mini-series" premise. By way of example, the headless horseman was given a head :rolleyes:, while became a whiny, spurned lover type. Apparently, the lead was also treated really shabbily by the studio, and was sacked in Season 4 for having health problems IIRC; would have to dig out the dirt there however.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    It went on for 4 seasons IIRC; however, you did well. There was a huge decline in quality from season 2 onwards: it was a show that really struggled to move past its limited "mini-series" premise. By way of example, the headless horseman was given a head :rolleyes:, while became a whiny, spurned lover type. Apparently, the lead was also treated really shabbily by the studio, and was sacked in Season 4 for having health problems IIRC; would have to dig out the dirt there however.

The mention of a whingey head is familiar and then I remember John Noble joining the cast and me being very disappointed by the role he was given.

So I saw more than just the first season. It could be that I just stopped watching rather than just didn’t get the chance.

I will will push it further down the watchlist.

Thanks.

Advertisement