Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture PEEHS - The Name That TV CHARACTER Edition

Options
  • 26-03-2021 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Name That TV CHARACTER Picture PEEHS!

giphy.gif

For those of you who have played PEEHS before, this is the same principle but you have to name one of the TV Characters in each Round pictured below, you can jump down to the pics (in the next two posts) if you want, but two things you may need to know first...

1. First and Last Name of the Characters are required for a Correct answer, there are no Madonna's in this group, so both names necessary, and remember I'm looking for the Character Name, not the actor's name

2. I was feeling generous so from the first picture in Round 1 to the final picture in Round 16 the characters are listed alphabetically by first name, which you may find helpful if you need to hazard a guess at any stage

But if none of this is making any sense, you need the beginners guide to PEEHS
    PEEHS is basically like TV's Pointless. You'll get one point for every person who gives the same answer as you, and you want low scores. So you want to deviate from the crowd.
    Research isn't allowed - no googling, no image searches, etc. etc.

In this game you'll see 16 Rounds featuring 10 TV Characters in each, you just have to name one of those TV Characters for each round - the one you think fewest people will name. Although since everyone is doing that, sometimes it's the most obvious answer that scores lowest, which makes it frustrating and brilliant at the same time.

An Incorrect Answer is 1.5x the SHEEP Score for that Round (the Sheep being the most popular answer, so if 8 people choose the SHEEP, the incorrect score for that Round will be 12, and you're trying to get the lowest score you can, so points are bad)
    To enter, send me a PM with the list of your 16 TV Characters (unnumbered please, so I can copy them out easily)

Deadline: 6pm on Tuesday, April 6th
    Reveal: Hopefully Later That Same Evening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Round 1

QgKTO5v.jpg

Round 2

OuEuEa8.jpg

Round 3

cSDhHGz.jpg

Round 4

4VREdWe.jpg

Round 5

u4SP3GK.jpg

Round 6

I9zasx7.jpg

Round 7

Wxxu4my.jpg

Round 8

gEsEHi9.jpg

Round 9

NkGOH96.jpg

Round 10

5HYKpMx.jpg

Round 11

4MjdMaY.jpg

Round 12

cdMd1ms.jpg

Round 13

x7HHryf.jpg

Round 14

vvimeaX.jpg

Round 15

d2Hf6Ed.jpg

Round 16

ZG9pCL6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In.
    A lor of them I knew the first name but couldn't remember the surnames.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Finally a picture game where i know a few in each round, some last names are tricky to place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I gave this a shot despite not knowing about 75% of them!

I expect to do badly. I struggled to find one I knew in round 16 but managed in the end to remember one name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'm in too. Will definitely be near the bottom but I don't care, reveals are always fun
    Only knew/remembered 1 or 2 from each set - and no one from set 11.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In, enjoyed that, could easily put in two or three entries I'd reckon but happy with my choices :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I will give this a go later. Great idea for a game.

At a glance, I'm already thinking about some, 'I know you but what is your name'

Mine will be all the really obvious ones!

Great to see a few entries in already.

Not opening the PMs until later when I'm at the laptop and can fire them straight over into the SHEEPulator, avoids anything slipping through the cracks.

Been wanting to do this one for ages, and after finally dipping my toe in the Picture PEEHS with a mini 5 question one during Big Boardser, felt like the right time to roll out this one... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'll send them later while I listen to the Friday feel song :pac:

• Advertisement

A few groups where I knew a few names so the decision was which one to pick.
    Loads where I knew just the first name.
    Plenty on the tip of my tongue.
    Some knew the face and show but never watched so couldn’t answer.
    Few that I didn’t have a clue who they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

So many great shows there, this is going to be fun

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I LOVED that. Except when you made me choose between some of my favourite characters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

160 characters? Some work gone into that!
    That picture formatting too...

d1d.gif

I don't watch much TV so I only know a couple on each, makes it easier to pick :D

I don't see anyone from Wild Palms though... :confused:

A certain parochial house cleaner would have been a good toughie :)

That picture formatting...

d1d.gif

I don't watch much TV so I only know a couple on each, makes it easier to pick :D

I don't see anyone from Wild Palms though... :confused:

Oh no... clearly an oversight on my part... how could I have forgotten such an amazing show, that is so well known and everybody remembers those iconic characters so well... :rolleyes:

For those unaware, EN submitted Wild Palms for my TV Walrus, and I ripped it to absolute shreds... ;)

By the way, Nitty, I definitely didn't steal the majority of my OP from your Movie Picture PEEHS... nuh uh, those are all carefully chosen and crafted words of mine own... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Picking ones to enter was easy for me, I knew a maximum of two in a few of them, and none at all in one (neither actor nor character :eek:)

Hmmmm. Sometimes I wonder why I bother!

As above, well done on the sheer scale of the thing, and the formatting!

Like Heidi and Nit said the pics came out lovely.
    I tried to put pics in my quiz in Word but they wouldn't show up on the site :(

160 characters? Some work gone into that!
    That picture formatting too...

I probably had double the amount of names initially, then cut it back and there were going to be 26 Rounds with 8 Characters for each letter of the Alphabet, but some of the Rounds would've been far too obscure for people who aren't complete TV Nerds like me, so I whittled it down further to 16 rounds of 10

I love formatting the pictures like that. I find it very aesthetically pleasing, and it doesn't take long at all.

Like Heidi and Nit said the pics came out lovely.
    I tried to put pics in my quiz in Word but they wouldn't show up on the site :(

I upload the original images to imgur, theres an option on there to view them as Big Square, save all the Big Squares to the laptop, and then just copy and paste into Paint save as a jpg and then upload the final product back to imgur to link back over to here... and typing that out makes it sound far more complicated than it actually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Picking ones to enter was easy for me, I knew a maximum of two in a few of them, and none at all in one (neither actor nor character :eek:)

Hmmmm. Sometimes I wonder why I bother!

As above, well done on the sheer scale of the thing, and the formatting!

Honestly it's so much easier when you only know one or two, it's when you know five or six in each round that things become difficult, I knew at least 3 in most rounds, and up to 7 in one of them

By the way, Nitty, I definitely didn't steal the majority of my OP from your Movie Picture PEEHS... nuh uh, those are all carefully chosen and crafted words of mine own... :pac:
    Noticed it was familiar! I took it as a compliment :D
    Sure, why repeat work someone has already done?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Honestly it's so much easier when you only know one or two, it's when you know five or six in each round that things become difficult, I knew at least 3 in most rounds, and up to 7 in one of them

Yep, I felt guilty making my choices in some rounds, it was like choosing between my children :(

I upload the original images to imgur, theres an option on there to view them as Big Square, save all the Big Squares to the laptop, and then just copy and paste into Paint save as a jpg and then upload the final product back to imgur to link back over to here... and typing that out makes it sound far more complicated than it actually is.
    It's all greek to me...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

It's all greek to me...

:D

I can confirm, I am Greek and didn't understand anything either!! :D:pac:

A visual PEEHS in which I am spoiled for choice, what could go wrong...

And I'm in. I think my choices may give clues as to my age :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Entry sent.
    There were loads I didn't know so as I predicted, my answers are all the obvious ones. :D

Enjoyed doing it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must try this out.

Of course looking at the pictures it seems you only wanted to do this so you could sneak your own picture in there.

And done. Some surnames may have been guessed.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Must try this out.

Of course looking at the pictures it seems you only wanted to do this so you could sneak your own picture in there

giphy.gif

Advertisement