Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No sleep

• 21-11-2016 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I go to bed and fall asleep but then at some point in the early hours I wake up,It really annoys me because I need my sleep,anyone else the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It's rare that I continue to sleep continuously for 8 hours; rather I may sleep for 4 or 5, wake up refreshed, and do something, then catch a nap or two during the course of the day to compensate. My work is project-driven mostly, so an occasional nap causes no problems, as I continue to meet my work goals and deadlines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,986 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Sleep 8. Other times not. Ate late. Drank too much. Worried. Excited. Didn't exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

forestgirl wrote: »
    I go to bed and fall asleep but then at some point in the early hours I wake up,It really annoys me because I need my sleep,anyone else the same?
    Yup. Been the same for months. Go to sleep around 2330 then wake at 0230 wide awake. Eventually sleep again but wake at like 4, 6 and so on. It's driving me crazy so if anyone has any knowledge or advice that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I had a really bad few weeks no sleep.I go asleep fairly quickly then wake at 1am and more or less awake for many hours and around 6.30am go asleep for maybe an hour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,986 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Yup. Been the same for months. Go to sleep around 2330 then wake at 0230 wide awake. Eventually sleep again but wake at like 4, 6 and so on. It's driving me crazy so if anyone has any knowledge or advice that would be great.
    I had a really bad few weeks no sleep.I go asleep fairly quickly then wake at 1am and more or less awake for many hours and around 6.30am go asleep for maybe an hour.
    Exercise daily? Works for me.

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    Exercise daily? Works for me.

Been working out three times a week for six months; walk at least two miles a day on days I'm not working out; makes no diff to inability to sleep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Been working out three times a week for six months; walk at least two miles a day on days I'm not working out; makes no diff to inability to sleep.
    I workout daily (typically 7-days-per-week), and have no problems drifting-off to sleep on most nights. But I rarely sleep 8 hours, rather I wake-up once or twice, and when this happens, I find something to do until my eyes get heavy (e.g., class preps, research, read novels, post boards.ie, play PC games, etc.). If I don't get enough sleep weeknights, I might close my door and take a 20-minutes nap at work, or if still a bit sleepy by the weekend I might play catch-up and sleep in on Saturday or Sunday. My sleep habits are flexible.

Black Swan wrote: »
    I workout daily (typically 7-days-per-week), and have no problems drifting-off to sleep on most nights. But I rarely sleep 8 hours, rather I wake-up once or twice, and when this happens, I find something to do until my eyes get heavy (e.g., class preps, research, read novels, post boards.ie, play PC games, etc.). If I don't get enough sleep weeknights, I might close my door and take a 20-minutes nap at work, or if still a bit sleepy by the weekend I might play catch-up and sleep in on Saturday or Sunday. My sleep habits are flexible.

Naps are great for me. If I can grab 40 winks during the day or early evening then I feel like a new man. Alas it's not an option at my work (I'm hoping for sleep pods at some point in the future)

Naps are great for me. If I can grab 40 winks during the day or early evening then I feel like a new man. Alas it's not an option at my work (I'm hoping for sleep pods at some point in the future)
    Everyone's different. Makes for interesting world.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have been having this recently. Its really annoying. I go to bed around 11:30pm then am awake around 3am then get back to sleep for an hour or two then awake again. Really annoying as when it comes time to get up then I just do not want to get up but do.
    I used to sleep great. Used to be able to go to bed at 112am and be up at 6am. Not a hope of that now do.
    I think it's about finding a rhythm to your bodies clock. I just need to find mine. I always put the phone down at least 10 to 20 mins before bed as that is bad for you too. Your brain needs to rest and slow down from all the tech as well. I would say an hour not using it before bed would be better but it's hard to do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    I think it's about finding a rhythm to your bodies clock. I just need to find mine.
    Agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dlvrit

I have recently go through an article that really helps me to sleep quick easily.

dlvrit wrote: »
    I have recently go through an article that really helps me to sleep quick easily.
    Cite article?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Cortisol, the substance we associate with stress, has a powerful influence on sleep and waking in the human body. Perhaps stress in daily life, eating, coffee any other drugs. look into that direction.

Advertisement