Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

mikhail wrote: »
    There are 2 bed terraced houses in the village going for ~€80k. I'd guess this should be going for quite a bit more than €60k. Either something is up, or the price is low to attract bidders to the auction. Bought for €43k suggests it's being done up from a very bad state, and possibly the internals aren't ready for photos. I'd definitely be looking into flooding, fire, etc.

Just trying to cash in on the temporary rise in prices I would imagine.
    Friend of mine bought a 3 bed semi there couple of years ago for less then 30k, rewired, new windows, bathrooms & kitchen. Whole lot cost less then 40k.
    Its not a particularly desirable town.

mikhail wrote: »
    I'd definitely be looking into flooding, fire, etc.

And Neighbours. Similar estate in Co Tip and you couldn't give new build houses away because who you'd be living alongside, and their cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Killeshandra house:

You don't have far to the shed anyway. Who the hell does this? I've the same doors and they're always open onto the garden if it's sunny, even if it's cold. That shed just blocks the light. Handy to get turf in though.

MmM5NjVjNzM5ZGUzNDVlYmEyODc3N2RkODNkYTFkOGa9vRKRcKTtKk3FYgbeuPgLaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzIvNC8yNGUxZjJiMzFjZWQ0OGNjNDg4MmNiMDY5NTNiYjg4MC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

:D

The photos are badly done, and make the house look depressing.
    Also hard to believe that a professional estate agent would put so little effort into the listing. I had assumed that the lad sitting under the stairs had just thrown it up onto Daft himself. It's POA, feck all pictures, feck all effort, feck all information. Is there something else going on that they owners have to be seen to be trying to sell it, but don't really want to?
    Google the auctioneer's name. He is also a family butcher. Jack of multiple trades!

I came here to post he's a butcher also. He doesn't have an office.
    He'd be older but not ancient. House has being on the market with a good while but not listed online. I guess he's not big into the internet.
    You've a very limited back garden and as far as I know the current owner is the house joined onto you.
    I do know it was rented to student doctors at one stage and I thought it would have looked better on the inside. (They must have got a deal on those cheap lamp shades.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Just had a look on Streetview of that house in Killeshandra.Very short front garden,you wouldn't have your kids playing there with the road only 5 feet away!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The kitchen is hideous and soulless imo. I would genuinely feel sad having my morning coffee in there :o

Genuinely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

bubblypop wrote: »
    Tbf, I wouldn't expect a 3bed semi in killeshandra to cost much more anyway, might not be too bad inside

Jesas ya couldn’t go wrong buying and then renting out someowhere like that ...can’t understand how Galway seems to be so much dearer than everywhere else ..u wouldn’t get a place to pitch a tent for that price here.

I would think the reason why no inside picture and why there’s a sign on door is cause house repossessed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

LillySV wrote: »
    I would think the reason why no inside picture and why there’s a sign on door is cause house repossessed ?

It was sold last September. Would 6 months not be a pretty quick turnaround for defaulting, a repossession and subsequent sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

It was sold last September. Would 6 months not be a pretty quick turnaround for defaulting, a repossession and subsequent sale?

Forgot the previous sale being mentioned... well I’ll leave that for the legal eagles here to answer that... there has to have been some kind of default or fall through in sale... or maybe the new buyer let in renters who never paid a tap after moving in and they getting rid of tenant by reselling house as they had enough ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

LillySV wrote: »
    Forgot the previous sale being mentioned... well I’ll leave that for the legal eagles here to answer that... there has to have been some kind of default or fall through in sale... or maybe the new buyer let in renters who never paid a tap after moving in and they getting rid of tenant by reselling house as they had enough ?

Bad renters would likely explain the place being in such a state that no inside pics were taken.

My guess is dogs are involved.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Bad renters would likely explain the place being in such a state that no inside pics were taken.

My guess is dogs are involved.
    Could be worse, maybe it was turned into a grow house, that really destroys the interior.

Riverside-weed-bust-Feb-2020-807x454.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

The fact that its going by auction- repossession or something? No interior because current owner or tenant is refusing entry? Maybe that is what the note says?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

The fact that its going by auction- repossession or something? No interior because current owner or tenant is refusing entry? Maybe that is what the note says?

So the new owner has to go through a legal process to evict tenants? :eek:

Could be worse, maybe it was turned into a grow house, that really destroys the interior.

Riverside-weed-bust-Feb-2020-807x454.png

It definitely wasn't a grow house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gorteen wrote: »
    So the new owner has to go through a legal process to evict tenants? :eek:

It'd imagine relatively few people would buy it if it had undesirable tenants in situ.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Check out the shower in this place (pics 18 to 20) and see if you can work out what makes it "interesting"!

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-5-liffey-terrace-chapelizod-dublin-20/2901252

I get a feeling some estate agents read this thread. REA Macdonald have relisted this one without the photos of the shower out on the landing at the top of the stairs :D

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-5-liffey-terrace-chapelizod-dublin-20/3152693

Edit: I'm saving the photo of "landing shower" here, before the old link disappears and it gets lost to time.

Screenshot-20210325-130702-Samsung-Internet.jpg

I get a feeling some estate agents read this thread. REA Macdonald have relisted this one without the photos of the shower out on the landing :D

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-5-liffey-terrace-chapelizod-dublin-20/3152693

Separately, why would you remove all the downstairs and stairs carpets. Even if valuable, they'll hardly fit somewhere else exactly. And makes the old house harder to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

Separately, why would you remove all the downstairs and stairs carpets. Even if valuable, they'll hardly fit somewhere else exactly. And makes the old house harder to sell.

Perhaps not if they were sufficiently bad and there was a stench off them.

josip wrote: »
    Perhaps not if they were sufficiently bad and there was a stench off them.

Seems a bit random, taken from some places and not others, but replace them. Maybe removed the worst and left the best. As it stands it's a bit shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

From the outside, a relatively normal looking 3 bed Semi D.

547834.jpg

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-6-lakeview-killeshandra-co-cavan/2943711

But not only is there no pictures of the inside, there's no mention of anything inside the house at all. AMV €60k.

Just how bad is it in there?

that part of the country would be cheap for something like that even everything was fine , miles from any major town , high unemployment part of the country , no high wage jobs anywhere close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Miriam's taste suits mine, I think she made a lovely job of the place, and I tip my hat to her, but that's crazy money-overall I mean. That gaff in Malahide for example-a million and a half???

Is there a collective madness in Dublin or what? They're at the same nonsense all over again.

it will easily achieve its asking price , Rathmines is easily in the top three locations close to town along with raneleagh and ballsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

She owns the house beside it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Miriam's house is very much to my taste, though I would change the kitchen because personally I find what's there too clinical or something

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I get a feeling some estate agents read this thread. REA Macdonald have relisted this one without the photos of the shower out on the landing at the top of the stairs :D

That house featured on Reddit recently too. Got a thread all to itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tallaghtjoe

The cost of this house! :eek: Is someone really going to pay that price for this house? Could spend best part of 100K just to do it up.
    Is the back of the house right on the Liffey? Not for me this house!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The cost of this house! :eek: Is someone really going to pay that price for this house? Could spend best part of 100K just to do it up.
    Yep, I pass it regularly, and it could (if you could teleport yourself two years into the future) be a fabulous, if small, house.

But there's about 2 ft of footpath outside the front door, a tiny narrow space out the back which looks directly over the Lifffey - so the logistics of doing anything at all, never mind a full renovation, gives me a headache just thinking about it! No space for a skip, for equipment. I honestly don't know where you'd even start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Massively in demand part of the city.That'll go no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Edit: I'm saving the photo of "landing shower" here, before the old link disappears and it gets lost to time.

That is incredible.

They've kept it in the description though - "Accommodation briefly comprises living room, dining room, kitchen and downstairs bathroom. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms and shower in hallway/ landing." Just casually thrown in there like. If I hadn't seen the photo I'd have thought it was a typo. Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Massively in demand part of the city.That'll go no problem.
    If demand is so high I do wonder why there is a whole row of derelict houses just to the north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

PommieBast wrote: »
    If demand is so high I do wonder why there is a whole row of derelict houses just to the north.

Bit of a difference between a fixer upper and house that doesn't even have all walls or a roof!Plenty of people are happy to have a project house.
    Plus those properties are sold.

Advertisement