Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When/How Did You Discover Forum Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Go check post #100 Dec :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Baggly wrote: »
    Go check post #100 Dec :D

Skipped by it. :o Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Well for what its worth I would rather eat a slice of Toast than spend time around a Dog... ;)

So to re-cap

Cat > Dog

Toast > Dog

Dog loses both battles, so the big questions is what wins in Toast vs Cat...

Never thought it would be something I'd have to compare, but these are the sort of things that happen in this great corner of the world that is Forum Games...

Still allergic to them, but...

Gotta go with Cat

Cat > Toast > Dog

Yes, great to see another person who doesn't like dogs.

Can't stand the bloody things

Love cats though!

Anyway, I discovered the forum just from the home page as it was a best song contest and with lockdown I got into the SHEEP games and even ran a WALRUS and SURLAW. Very friendly corner of boards and given I used to frequent the soccer forum it was a welcome change!

I am so suspicious of people who don't like dogs.........

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That definitely wasn't "girl in the red coat" night :D

That was another good night!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dog > Cat > Toast > LeVar

How ya like them apples!?!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I didnt even know this place existed until just now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I think my first game was a wordplay sheep last year. Then a Father Ted tournament, and a few more sheep and peehs since.

Bit of fun, especially the reveal threads with accompanying gifs and comments. :D
    Fair play to those who run them.

Oh and the Big Boardser House recently. :D
    That was great crack.

Annasopra wrote: »

Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Fáilte. You will love it here.

• Advertisement

There’s a few fun games taking entries on the main page. Jump right in and never look back!

If you follow the thread below, you will always know when there is a new game.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057987935

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think I was looking for quizzes and chanced a walrus. I can't really remember but its not that long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

bubblypop wrote: »
    I am so suspicious of people who don't like dogs.........

Amen to that! :D

Has there ever been a dog breed SHEEP or PEEHS?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

As for how I came about to be permanently incarcerated here.... I saw a Harry Potter SHEEP reveal pop up in my feed a good while back and thought I love Harry Potter, I would love to give this a go.

My first actual game was a rooms of the house kind of sheep which I won! But it was all a ploy to distract me as someone else locked the cell door behind me and I haven't left since and continue my search for a second shot at glory.

I've had some mixed results in walrus, winning a few and well coming rock bottom too.

I really like this forum as there's a great bunch of lads and the banter came be great. Anything that is a distraction from lock downs and work is a plus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Amen to that! :D

Has there ever been a dog breed SHEEP or PEEHS?
    Ooh, is there enough for an alphabet?
    Maybe not. Could be done somehow though

The curse of the stickied thread. Stick and die :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Baggly wrote: »
    The curse of the stickied thread. Stick and die :pac:

Yeah, when I was an admin we tried to discourage too many stickies because a) they take up screen real estate, which can be an issue for some on the mobile site; and b) very often they're either obsolete or completely unnecessary after a short period of time.

They don't show as stickied on touch, it's just in with my usual threads

Guess it's pretty much a one time post for most people, then a few reactions. I can't tell you the story of how I found it again :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They do. If you go into the forum, at the top, underneath the list of sub-forums, there are a number of threads (4 in FG) with a beige background rather than white. They're the stickied threads. Plus it says Sticky at the start of the thread title. :)

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    They do. If you go into the forum, at the top, underneath the list of sub-forums, there are a number of threads (4 in FG) with a beige background rather than white. They're the stickied threads. Plus it says Sticky at the start of the thread title. :)
    Oh yeah, oops. I only ever look at "My Forums" which collates them all

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Guess it's pretty much a one time post for most people, then a few reactions. I can't tell you the story of how I found it again :p

I said I rediscovered this place because I saw a post somewhere on EN's advent calendar. I remembered where I saw that - in the Christmas forum! Another happy happy forum :)

cee_jay wrote: »
    I said I rediscovered this place because I saw a post somewhere on EN's advent calendar. I remembered where I saw that - in the Christmas forum! Another happy happy forum :)
    Yeah, I nervously set foot into Santa's grotto to do some publicity work! I wasn't sure it would be well received, but everyone was lovely and I think a few came and joined in

Still only March and I have 15 questions ready for this year's advent calendar :D
    (mind you, that was true in January too, haven't looked at it since)

Guessing they didn't really like what they saw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yeah, I nervously set foot into Santa's grotto to do some publicity work! I wasn't sure it would be well received, but everyone was lovely and I think a few came and joined in

Still only March and I have 15 questions ready for this year's advent calendar :D
    (mind you, that was true in January too, haven't looked at it since)

Ah there was no need to be nervous, we are a nice bunch over there.

Good to hear the advent calendar will be returning :D:D:D

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ah there was no need to be nervous, we are a nice bunch over there.

Good to hear the advent calendar will be returning :D:D:D
    Yeah, I know that now. Odd... but nice :D

When I did the film posters one I put something in the film forum chat thread (which I use anyway) and was met with silence :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Strawberry milkshakes post on it elsewhere :D

Thanks Strawbs

There have been a few new names in the last week, even in the last few days, to this side of the house. How did the most recent "newbies" come across Forum Games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Had seen it pop up every so often, and finally yesterday took the plunge. I think I'm here to stay :D

• Advertisement

nothing wrote: »
    Had seen it pop up every so often, and finally yesterday took the plunge. I think I'm here to stay :D
    8e4.gif

There's no way out once we've got you :D

Advertisement