Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hell Let Loose

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The airheads are significant also if you use them properly. You need eyes on the ground to tell you where exactly to put it but a well placed one can turn a game around.

Actually I did have a bit of a run in with one guy who was solo tanking while I was commander. He’d request a tank and id spawn one for him, then he’d drive straight into the middle of loads of enemies and get blown up in about a minute. He did this 3 times and I then I refused to spawn him another because it was a waste of resources. He starts going mental on the mic and then an admin who was playing squad lead kicked him. The guy was level 125 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

MadYaker wrote: »
    The airheads are significant also if you use them properly. You need eyes on the ground to tell you where exactly to put it but a well placed one can turn a game around.

Actually I did have a bit of a run in with one guy who was solo tanking while I was commander. He’d request a tank and id spawn one for him, then he’d drive straight into the middle of loads of enemies and get blown up in about a minute. He did this 3 times and I then I refused to spawn him another because it was a waste of resources. He starts going mental on the mic and then an admin who was playing squad lead kicked him. The guy was level 125 :confused:

The air heads are tricky most new commanders put them down right on the point they are going to, the trick is to use it with recon and put it down a click or two out and have squads build outposts.

Servers like 1AD are great for kicking solo tankers on full servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Calhoun wrote: »
    The air heads are tricky most new commanders put them down right on the point they are going to, the trick is to use it with recon and put it down a click or two out and have squads build outposts.

Servers like 1AD are great for kicking solo tankers on full servers.

yeah, a few times 1AD guys got kicked for solo tanking as well - one rules for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

New update release with some good quality of life improvements.

My squad played lastnight all crashed the same time lol, wouldn't be HLL with 2 step forward and 3 back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Played for an hour or two tonight, no crashes at all from anyone that was in our ~18 man team.

Played for a bit myself, yet again they reset all the graphic settings so i have to find optimal setting that doesnt run like dog****.

Liking the quality of life changes but not happy i now have to research again to see what is good visuals wise.

I got tired of this after around 150 hours. Needs more content, new maps and load outs etc.

I have 627 hours the team play is what keeps me coming back.

I have 627 hours the team play is what keeps me coming back.

Maybe if you have a group of mates to play with regularly but none of my mates are PC gamers. You can still find good squads randomly but over time I started to find the randomness of the infantry gameplay really frustrating and I was really only playing tanks or commander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Played for a bit myself, yet again they reset all the graphic settings so i have to find optimal setting that doesnt run like dog****.

Liking the quality of life changes but not happy i now have to research again to see what is good visuals wise.

In the visual settings you can now select community TAA I think its called and its the same as if you select the *ini graphics tweak.

Few videos on you tube about it.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In the visual settings you can now select community TAA I think its called and its the same as if you select the *ini graphics tweak.

Few videos on you tube about it.

Nice one I'll check that out.

We finnaly have new maps with the eastern front DLC. I'm on holidays and the weather is sh!te so I'm hopping on now, servers are all packed.

Thread seems to have died so I guess not too many here playing this? It's kind of taken off in the new year and I'm definitely noticing a lot more new players now, still enjoying it immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

playing on ps5 and i like it . keep dipping in and out of it . pc version much better ?

I haven’t played the console version so I’ve no idea. But from reading Reddit it seems to run a bit smoother on PC and I don’t think consoles have the same amount of uniforms and load outs. I’ve somehow managed to put 600 hours into this game since I bought it at the start of 2020. Still not bored.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PC version will always be better in every way, it was built from the ground up on PC more powerful hardware plus mouse & keyboard in a realism shooter is a perfect match.

I would still 100% play it on console if i didnt have a PC but only with mouse & KB personally.

Im playing HLL since early beta days on PC it is still my go to shooter.

Thanks to the lockdowns I've put 700 hours into this, rank 170. I bought it in Jan 2020. I have to say with the massive influx of new players in the past 3 months I've gotten a bit sick of it. The days of hoping on and joining a random squad to find people talking and working together are much rarer now, if the guys I usually play with aren't on steam I mostly don't bother but thankfully there's usually someone on. Still a great game though and the best shooter out now by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Picked this up recently and really enjoying it. Would like to squad up with a few people that are a bit more tactical and communicative than the usual randomers. James74 on Steam if anybody is interested.

Advertisement