Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hell Let Loose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The server system in game is not great....every time you refresh you get different servers with pings 100s of ms off each time. It is hard to find a good server in Europe that speaks english and not frowned upon, ran into a bit of toxic crap the last few games. Reminds me of R6, the stupid teamkilling for laughs and its almost impossible to kick some douche off a server.

Really want to join a good clan, up to rank 40 now and only have the game a week. Really like it tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

if you guys looking for decent server to play on, try 1AD. There are active admins for almost all the time so no ****ery there :)

Yes played on there lastnight had a blast.

I ran into a major issue with losing xp and levels, for says i was stuck on lvl 17, would go up a few levels after a game then get dumped back to lvl 17 again.
    I lost days of progression , its incredibly frustrating.
    Apparently is specific servers having the issue, i was playing on the 2.Fjg server a lot and since i moved to other servers it stopped.
    I asked on their discord and they are aware of the isue and have reached out to the devs and server provider.

I get that with kills sometimes, again must be the server. There are times when I have deffo killed about 3 or 4 people in the space of 5 mins at a base say and I look at the stats and shows 1, I know it updates every 60secs or so but there have been matches that I finish with 10 kills when I know for sure I killed double that.

Not that I play it for kills but its just annoying.

Have not come across the lvl up issue but I keep a look out fot it....and stay away from 2.Fjg server.

I ticked the official servers so I dont see them and just use the community ones as suggested on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

The level bug appears to be fixed now anyway, it actually let me stay past my last level today! yay!

Just played a whole game on my tod in a tank.....my jaysus me fingers are in bits going from f1 to f2 to f3. No one would do tank so I said I would.

not too shabby for a noob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Nice, also in relation to your earlier post about kills, if a medic revives a person it won't add to your kill list. Now some people don't wait for a medic of course so every little helps

Ive put in a lot of hours since i bought it last week.
    I played it 12 months ago but refunded it but the difference now is incredible.
    It really brings me back to the old COD1 and DOD days of WW2 games and fps games that actually required skill and teamwork.
    Community servers !!!!! Not many games nowadays you can say that but its great to have them back and recognising regulars on different servers etc.
    Absolutely brilliant game once you pick up the basics and understand how the gameplay flows.

Finally the atmosphere, simply a stunning representation of WW2 horror.

For anyone sitting on the fence about this.

Random moments

Had a great game the other night, found a lovely little spot defending and I was SL with the rifle rather then the machine gun. Could spot them a mile away with the binos and then pick them off one by one, it was the old cottage walls with the gap and I ended up with a kill streak of 23 total kills 32!!!

That is amazing by my standards, but its great when you have the good games as opposed to being cannon fodder for all the vets coz you are new to the game.

Best WW2 multiplayer fps ive played tbh.
    Cant get enough of it.
    Its so much more than an fps game though, the teamplay and tactics are on another level.
    Some guys play just to build up defences outposts,garrisons and resource nodes for the team and barely kill anyone but its not about k/d ratio at all, play as a team and you will be rewarded.

Dcully wrote: »
    Best WW2 multiplayer fps ive played tbh.
    Cant get enough of it.
    Its so much more than an fps game though, the teamplay and tactics are on another level.
    Some guys play just to build up defences outposts,garrisons and resource nodes for the team and barely kill anyone but its not about k/d ratio at all, play as a team and you will be rewarded.

I agree, they should take the K/D stat out of the game, I know its not about kills but it was so nice to sit there pinging helmets off people....

Usually I am the medic dying over and over again for that one revive, or the engineer travelling around the map constantly building nodes.

• Advertisement

they should take the K/D stat out of the game

Never :P

5RS4L1f.jpg?1

Never :P

5RS4L1f.jpg?1

WTF were you using? A Thanos Glove with the infinity stones!!!

Nearly 4000 shots fired!!!! LMAO

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    WTF were you using? A Thanos Glove with the infinity stones!!!

Nearly 4000 shots fired!!!! LMAO

MG not only kills it can suppress a full squad .

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

I agree, they should take the K/D stat out of the game, I know its not about kills but it was so nice to sit there pinging helmets off people....

Usually I am the medic dying over and over again for that one revive, or the engineer travelling around the map constantly building nodes.

agree with that, k/d means nothing. I've seen ppl bragging about high k/d when their team lost the game :) ..just pointless

K/D only shows up as personal stats not viewable by anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

K/D only shows up as personal stats not viewable by anyone else.

I'm right in saying there are no global stats either, you can only see the stats for each battle when they end, and nothing about your entire history?

I think it's great really, puts a really effective end to kill-whoring and cheesing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I've tried playing medic last night.
    Never done it before in any game.
    I was amazed at how each and every person would thank you. It's so weird. Lovely, but weird.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    I've tried playing medic last night.
    Never done it before in any game.
    I was amazed at how each and every person would thank you. It's so weird. Lovely, but weird.

Thats because there are so few doing it and it really is a thankless class to play. Most people hate playing it, I really like playing the class.

Cant wait for the new update to drop, one main bugs (comms dropping) is getting fixed which is huge as the whole game depends on it.

Seen as the interest is there we should get a boards squad together and learn from each other as we are all quite new to the game. ;)

Thats because there are so few doing it and it really is a thankless class to play. Most people hate playing it, I really like playing the class.

Cant wait for the new update to drop, one main bugs (comms dropping) is getting fixed which is huge as the whole game depends on it.

Seen as the interest is there we should get a boards squad together and learn from each other as we are all quite new to the game. ;)

yeah medic class is vastly under appreciated but very often crucial, imagine deep flanking for 10 minutes and then your SL goes down before he manages to drop OP down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I bought this 2 weeks ago and I've been playing it non stop, it's very enjoyable. I actually like playing medic I prefer the rifles.

• Advertisement

A medic can turn the game on its head, as mentioned if your deep into a very good strategic location and lose a few guys i could be a very valuable location lost but if the medic stays in cover and survives and revives his squad it can be win win, thats why everyone is thankful for medic revives.
    Ive actually had the game twice before but refunded each time but always intended to jump in once they improved performance.
    It really is a phenomenal WW2 experience, nothing in the last decade or more comes close to it imo.
    Its a lot deeper/complicated than other fps games but if like me you been playing realism and tactical shooters for a long time then its easy to pick up.
    If not its still not hard to pick up just play cleverly.
    The actual gameplay in terms of how territory is won/lost and how the class system works and different interactions needed to build outposts and garrisons is the tricky part at first.#
    On top of this there is the interaction between the commander and squad leaders of infantry squads, armour squad and recon squads etc who have their own voice channel seperate from squad channel who discuss and plan tactics then relay that info back to the individual squads.
    Personally i havent touched commander role but its there if people so wish.

When it all comes together with a good squad/team its a very rewarding experience and something you simply do not experience in any other fps.

absolutely agree, this game is massively squad / team orientated and theres no room for Rambos :)

btw, we've got new UK based server so low pings guaranteed and populates very fast. If youre fancy to pop on, search for [1AD] 101st Assault Division - Hardcore - Low Ping London UK or just 1AD and pick UK based one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

is it better than squad? i found squad okay but so much walking and downtime.

froog wrote: »
    is it better than squad? i found squad okay but so much walking and downtime.

dont know Squad but by whole idea of milsim could be similar, best is to try or check some yt videos ...and if you decide to get it, prepare to die alot :)
    also, best is to join clan as you wont get frustrated by lack of teamwork and communication :)

They are very similar,gunplay,squad,commander etc but the maps in squad are more open world and bigger not like HLL as in the map design makes the gameplay flow.
    HLL maps while not as big are still huge but flow dynamically according to territory control etc thus making it more action and fighting than squad.

They are very similar however which is great as we can have a modern day HLL or WW2 Squad :)

absolutely agree, this game is massively squad / team orientated and theres no room for Rambos :)

btw, we've got new UK based server so low pings guaranteed and populates very fast. If youre fancy to pop on, search for [1AD] 101st Assault Division - Hardcore - Low Ping London UK or just 1AD and pick UK based one :)

Joined last night after chatting to a few lads.

Be good to have another few Irish fellas to play with, If Im on the server giz a shout hunter be good to play with another boardsie.

Was in game with Basher tonight playing....won 8-1. Jaysus he is harcore!

Joined last night after chatting to a few lads.

Be good to have another few Irish fellas to play with, If Im on the server giz a shout hunter be good to play with another boardsie.

Was in game with Basher tonight playing....won 8-1. Jaysus he is harcore!

cool I've seen you on our discord :) and yeah, we've got hardcore guys in.
    also, got planned a few games against other clans for Feb so get ready for some serious fun :)

Played on that server quite a few times.

Played on that server quite a few times.

great stuff, we've got admins online for most of the time so nothing bad is happening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Lads we have a server up for this, we've had mixed success in getting it populated, and if the game keeps developing as it is then we'd love to try and play some organised games where we would put forward a squad of 6 or 12 and join some other teams etc.

I think until they add better admin capabilities and spectator mode of some sort it will trundle along but could be a great eSport game?

Advertisement