Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Treppen wrote: »
    Here's a question... Can you use Tesco shopping rewards vouchers to buy gift cards?

Bord Gais are doing a double boost , so €10 in vouchers will get you €20 to use in store. Haven't looked into it properly yet. My local Tesco's has Xbox gift cards.

You can, or at least you could not long ago as I've done it a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭recyclops

I didn't bother with BF. The download is 77gb it's not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

For the past week the Xbox Box Game Pass app can't do remote installs. When I try it says "We didn't find any devices". Annoying as the Games on the Go quest is worth 100 this month. This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

For the past week the Xbox Box Game Pass app can't do remote installs. When I try it says "We didn't find any devices". Annoying as the Games on the Go quest is worth 100 this month. This happen to anyone else?

Works for me, but took a few tries.

I Didn't get the "didn't find any devices" notice

Maybe You need space available.

Are your Xbox and phone on the same WiFi?

I just use tiny games like Minit , Full Throttle or Xenon Crisis .... All great for quick achievements btw.

recyclops wrote: »
    I didn't bother with BF. The download is 77gb it's not worth it

Ya I agree, although the game was a bit of fun, especially if you've friends playing with mics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Plenty of free space, Xbox is hard wired to the router but phone is on WiFi. Xbox app still works for remote play, just the Game Pass app can't find my xbox for remote install. Worked until a couple of weeks ago. Driving me mad.

Plenty of free space, Xbox is hard wired to the router but phone is on WiFi. Xbox app still works for remote play, just the Game Pass app can't find my xbox for remote install. Worked until a couple of weeks ago. Driving me mad.

Did you update the app?

Also there is settings in the Xbox to allow it, maybe that's changed.
    Get on to customer support. The live chat is usually good.

Weekly Quest: Arkham Knight

Nice 200pts

Can be done on phone....BUT

If you download to Xbox there is a free dlc for survival/horde mode where enemies come at you... You'll have it finished in no time.

See here

This came up before and there's a nice few achievements if you play it normally and have about 3hrs to spare. Good game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If you download to Xbox there is a free dlc for survival/horde mode where enemies come at you... You'll have it finished in no time.

Good info, thanks. I don't know why but I really don't like that game - really enjoyed the first two so I can't explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

If you purchase series x or s from Microsoft site do you receive rewards points for the amount? Vaguely remember someone saying they only received a few points from it?

• Advertisement

Darren 83 wrote: »
    If you purchase series x or s from Microsoft site do you receive rewards points for the amount? Vaguely remember someone saying they only received a few points from it?

I don't think you can if you are purchasing with rewards points/gift cards.

Possibly buy something with points and resell it on for a few quid less then use the cash for purchase! Depends on the math!

I can never see consoles available though, but don't check that often. I have an alert set up also.
    Are you seeing consoles available?

I don't think you can if you are purchasing with rewards points/gift cards.

Possibly buy something with points and resell it on for a few quid less then use the cash for purchase! Depends on the math!

I can never see consoles available though, but don't check that often. I have an alert set up also.
    Are you seeing consoles available?

I'm seeing the S available, not redeeming any reward points it would be a decent chunk of points to collect.

Yup the S has been up there for a few days now. No sign of the X though :(

I think when you purchase hardware you only get 1 point for every €£ spend, not the 20x it mentions about purchased software

theteal wrote: »
    Yup the S has been up there for a few days now. No sign of the X though :(

I think when you purchase hardware you only get 1 point for every €£ spend, not the 20x it mentions about purchased software

Jeez 300-500 points for an Xbox ain't much

What would you think about using points to get a new Xbox/ new account then instead of trading in the old one, use it to farm points and compile with a family point sharing thing? Then sell the old one after a year or less?

Too much work?

A little selfish update (actually a lot of my updates in here feel that way due to my UK privilege but anyhoooo)

I hit my target of 117k this morning - that's £100 in MS currency, the original plan was to get enough for £75 by this time but thanks to a few achievement promos we squeezed a few more out of it. Anyway, still waiting for SX stock. . . .

I think I'll keep going and just splurge anything extra on that fruit machine thingy

Fair play, I think everyone gets to the point where they get the itch to keep going.
    I saw a post on r/microsoftrewards where the poster got 514,000 points!! So they were getting the X .

Just wondering... Would you cash points in beforehand to order a console after... And wait for one to become available.

Or

Wait for it to become available then cash in the points and hope it's not gone before you order?

It's a bit risky to cash as they only stay valid for 90 days. While I would hope the stock situation is better within the next 3 months, there are no guarantees. I won't be cashing until they're readily available.

Just completed Donut County and Full Throttle for the achievements AMEM.

Undertale is now on xcloud and console (not on touch , it's on PC but achievements aren't activated).

There's an easy achievements every 5-10 minutes.

I started Donut County and using it for my daily 50 so it's slow going with trying to limit it to a single achievement a day. I do quite like the game from the few levels I've seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

theteal wrote: »
    I started Donut County and using it for my daily 50 so it's slow going with trying to limit it to a single achievement a day. I do quite like the game from the few levels I've seen

I started it with the intention of doing that!
    Less than 3 hours later I had 1,000G :D
    Good fun though :)

I purchased a game on the Xbox but never received any points, how long does it take to receive points for games?

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I purchased a game on the Xbox but never received any points, how long does it take to receive points for games?

When was it purchased? I find it takes a few days to come through.

I purchased some robux for one of the 2,500 punch ins and it took 5 days to award the points. Same with renting videos. I usually wind up sending a query to xbox support anyway out of anxiety after a day or two.

Chosen this one because it's a small sized game at 63 MB !!!

Doom64 Easy 10 achievements in under 1 hr. Works on Cloud also (not sure if PC achievements enabled)

I just won 2 * 500 points on the fruit machine yoke in my first 2 attempts. I think I'll leave it at that. I'm such a gamblephobe

When was it purchased? I find it takes a few days to come through.

I purchased some robux for one of the 2,500 punch ins and it took 5 days to award the points. Same with renting videos. I usually wind up sending a query to xbox support anyway out of anxiety after a day or two.

Purchased it on Saturday, will wait a few days then send a query about it

Thanks

Chosen this one because it's a small sized game at 63 MB !!!

Doom64 Easy 10 achievements in under 1 hr. Works on Cloud also (not sure if PC achievements enabled)

Update: So tried it out for a few seconds on Laptop.Entered the Password picked the level and 2 Achievements poped straightaway, that's good as I've an old laptop that can barely handle any game over 100mb.
    Controls are weird though without a mouse.

Handy ones for Ryse and Dragon age this week. Don't even need to wait for them to fully install. Forgot how satisfying the combat in Ryse was.

Handy ones for Ryse and Dragon age this week. Don't even need to wait for them to fully install. Forgot how satisfying the combat in Ryse was.

Haven't looked at Ryse yet, it's console only so I wont get to it for a few days.

Dragon Age is available on cloud though so i'll try that later. here's the walkthrough video for anyone interested.
    tl:dw
    1. Set to Casual level.... skip Looooong cut scenes where possible
    2. Hold RT to combat.
    3. Go for the green ghost guys first as their energy is lower. Then swoop in on the black guys after your com player has fought them a bit (the com player that's with you will steal your kill count btw)
    4. Play through to the end of the prologue and get an achievement.

I'm always reluctant to try these quests on Tuesdays as they don't pop for a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

can't seem to unlock the one for Ryse. Am I missing something? played a whole level got about 42,000 valor(I think I did anyway) and it didn't unlock.

Advertisement