Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's getting to the weather for it!

AutoGlym Polar Blast Snow Foam, 2.5 litre, £10.32 delivered.

Currently €20.40 in Halfords.

Great offer, currently €20 in the Detailing shops here.
    But for those ordering blind, be aware that you ned a dedicated Snow Foam Lance for this to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Gumbo wrote: »
    Great offer, currently €20 in the Detailing shops here.
    But for those ordering blind, be aware that you ned a dedicated Snow Foam Lance for this to work.

Yeah.

The Autoglym Polar range is designed for lances/powerwashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Anyone have any clue what this lark is all about, its a pair of pliers that arrived with An Post on Sunday but has yet to be delivered. Don't wanna bite on this unless I know its legit.

Hello,

Your Amazon.co.uk order:XXXXXXXX with tracking ID: XXXXXXXX contains a heavy or bulky item that requires special arrangements for delivery by the carrier Arrow XL. Arrow XL prefer you to speak directly with them so that they can agree a suitable date with you.

You can contact Arrow XL via their website https://www.arrowxl.co.uk and use their live chat tool. Please referencing the tracking ID above.

We hope to see you soon.

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

How big were the pliers?!?

05b88176430dfb75b3963065d221b003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Anyone have any clue what this lark is all about, its a pair of pliers that arrived with An Post on Sunday but has yet to be delivered. Don't wanna bite on this unless I know its legit.

Its legit - it's coming from amazon. Their IT systems have a hiccup. Ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I got the same email for one of my items - the tracking number is actually an AnPost tracking number so it must be an error of some kind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd ignore it. Both the order number and the tracking number are the same.

Not one of my Amazon deliveries this year has been through an post.
    Could be phishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vandiekaap

Got the same for one of my parcels, seems that a shipment may've been directed to the incorrect hub. Mine was a small package.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Amazon Fire TV Cube | Hands free with Alexa, 4K Ultra HD streaming media player

£59.99 (lowest ever price according to Camel x 3)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MNBT68T

Seems this is only shipping to the UK now. It was being shipped to Ireland earlier today...

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    I'd ignore it. Both the order number and the tracking number are the same.

The order number and tracking number were legit, I just x'd them out for privacy purposes.

Website says "Now expected 24 March - 25 March" and I got a delivery delayed email from them also.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I think I'll ignore and leave it a day or two to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

Amazon Fire TV Cube | Hands free with Alexa, 4K Ultra HD streaming media player

£59.99 (lowest ever price according to Camel x 3)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MNBT68T

Seems this is only shipping to the UK now. It was being shipped to Ireland earlier today...

Still shipping to Ireland for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yes. Although it says it will only ship to the UK, it actually allowed me to purchase. We'll see what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gumbo wrote: »
    Not one of my Amazon deliveries this year has been through an post.
    Could be phishing?

Are you in greater Dublin? If so Amazon's own delivery staff are doing almost all Amazon deliveries. Still using An Post and couriers elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Yes. Although it says it will only ship to the UK, it actually allowed me to purchase. We'll see what happens...

If it allowed you to purchase, you’ll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Sorry but I couldn't resist.

Teazers - Butt Plugs, Set of 3

£12.49

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DJ6FQ...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Sorry but I could resist.

Teazers - Butt Plugs, Set of 3

£12.49

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DJ6FQ...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Cracking deal, rock bottom price. Don't arse around, get on this now.

Caranica wrote: »
    Are you in greater Dublin? If so Amazon's own delivery staff are doing almost all Amazon deliveries. Still using An Post and couriers elsewhere

Yes. Dublin 11 based.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

enough to make your eyes water ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It's a bum deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Caranica wrote: »

I've had all mine for the last few months delivered by Amazon apart from one last week via An Post. Was still delivered within the 2 days, beating the Amazon delivery for another item ordered the same time as they tend to deliver later than An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Shipping to Ireland again for me. Ignore the information saying not shipping to Ireland & add it to the basket. It should work for you

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Hurrache wrote: »
    I've had all mine for the last few months delivered by Amazon apart from one last week via An Post. Was still delivered within the 2 days, beating the Amazon delivery for another item ordered the same time as they tend to deliver later than An Post.

All mine since January have been delivered by Amazon. I'm grateful to them. Our An Post delivery was way too early. The postman would be knocking on the door at 7.15/7.30 am with the parcels. I'm working from home and don't have kids so I'd miss half the deliveries because I just wouldn't be up that early. Our Amazon deliveries are all in well into the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

They’re absolutely useless!! You may as well be shoving them up your .......... oh, Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11301833031

Get an additional £6 added to your Gift Card balance when you top up £50 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just on a side note - the amount of packaging amazon use is ridiculous, got a small item the other day in a *huge* cardboard envelope - are they afraid things might go missing in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

fryup wrote: »
    just on a side note - the amount of packaging amazon use is ridiculous, got a small item the other day in a *huge* cardboard envelope - are they afraid things might go missing in the post?
    I'd have said massively inconsistent..

.. some things I've ordered have been small items in massive cardboard boxes and yet I've probably have 3-4 vinyl records arrive with absolutely no packaging bar a clear plastic sleeve revealing album.

Have complained but falling on deaf ears I think.. indicating I'm all for them reducing cardboard usage but shipping the likes of vinyls with no cardboard protection is just madness.

On an aside - Smyth's was the worst offender for excess cardboard packaging I've seen.. it was around Christmas so maybe they were short on boxes but probably a 4ft high box with a board game in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Telling me I'm not eligible for the €6 credit so best to check before topping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

fryup wrote: »

I think thats down to the way Amazon treats its staff.

So a guy is stuck on a line all day with targets to meet and he runs out of small boxes, instead of stopping he just shoves stuff in oversized boxes.

Sometimes its like they have a competition to see how small an item they can getaway with packing in a really large box.

Their record for me was an item the size of a packet of Paracetamol in a box the size of a large toolbox.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement