Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POLL: Street Price of C-19 Vaccine & Ethics of Private Sale

Options
  • 23-03-2021 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

POLL:
    Just wondering, does anyone know the unit-price of any of the COVID-19 vaccine and is it available to buy privately, rather than wait for our call-up from the HSE (some time in 2022/2023 at this rate I reckon)?

Even if it was available privately (via health insurance or cash-sale), how ethical would it be to buy it in such a manner?

Would it be ethical to pay for COVID-19 Vaccine privately? 9 votes

Yes, cash is king!
    100% 9 votes
    No, wait your turn like everybody else
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

It isn't available privately.

EDIT: I fell for it, responding to a troll post :pac:

How are employers accessing vaccines if they are not available to buy?

I know two companies operating in Ireland who are vaccinating their employees privately, not based on underlying conditions or anything like that.

Not essential services, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

Really? Are they US MNC tech companies (I'm assuming)?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Pfizer and Astra Zenaca vaccinated their Irish employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

Pfizer and Astra Zenaca vaccinated their Irish employees.

Seems fair. I'd do that too if I were them.

• Advertisement

One of them definitely is, the other I'm not sure where the main office is, but they do have offices in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Street Price of C-19 Vaccine & Ethics of Private Sale

According to The Economist here (paywall) the street price is €3,000 ($3,600) a pop to receive unauthorised jabs in Ukraine.

You would want to be bonkers to purchase this via the 'street'.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We do not wish to encourage anyone to even think of going down an unofficial route to get the vaccine, and this thread serves little beyond that

We also have plenty of other vaccine threads where specific points or questions can be aired

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement