Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the 4th wave happen?

Options
  • 21-03-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Over 700 cases this evening. Children back in school and people thinking business as usual.

So when will we see the 4th wave? This spring/early summer or will it be later in the year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,408 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ulster wrote: »
    Over 700 cases this evening. Children back in school and people thinking business as usual.

So when will we see the 4th wave? This spring/early summer or will it be later in the year?

It's happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭quodec

Apparently a lot of countries in Europe are only having their third wave now. Are we behind the curve?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

ulster wrote: »

We are in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

I know the british variant is the main one now and tis more transmissible, but you'd think things would start to calm down with the change of the seasons...or is it a bit early? Maybe mid April is the big change in temp!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Room1o1

lalababa wrote: »
    I know the british variant is the main one now and tis more transmissible, but you'd think things would start to calm down with the change of the seasons...or is it a bit early? Maybe mid April is the big change in temp!
    Here's hoping the seasonal aspect kicks in soon, personally I think the stronger UV rays have a bigger effect on the virus than the temperature, that's just speculating on my part though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Hopefully seasonal will help by May, but schools back and no doubt bumping numbers.

Combine that with paddys mixing etc. and we will most likely see 600 - 800 cases for a while

Not sure this particular wave will go as low as we'd hope.

Promising that the UK transmission has dropped post 30% of population on first dose, that may be a bigger factor than any for us. Combination of natural and vaccine immunity reducing spread in conjunction with season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

From looking at the visitors to the houses to the back of us and all the kids hanging around, it won’t be too long away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

I live in a small town. 3000 population. The drinkers that drank all weekend every weekend before COVID are still at it. Theyre not interested in stopping. The latest is they all park at 1 house then fack off to a different house on foot to avoid getting caught. Seems like they have a rota going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

In Dublin city, all the junkies are gathered all together to get their phy and to sell their tabs across from Christchurch. No fear of the Garda breaking it up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

This can be discussed in the main threads. Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement