Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 29 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    And PEA - well he does what he does best - disappoints.

Hate owning him, only put him in because I had loads of cash :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am up now to a predicted 430k ish. Doesn't look too bad considering where I was.
    Around a 200k jump.

Hoping the spurs game is dour and Kane does nothing as I don't have him captain.

Best result for me would be a Spurs clean sheet, Bale goal and Regullion assist. I doubt I could be that lucky.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Very happy with Lingard and Antonio there. Dawson with a feckin OG 2 weeks in a row! It’s funny with games like that, it’s nearly an anti-climax in the end when you’re on a load of points after 30 mins and then you end up on much the same after 90 mins. That’s just being selfish though!

Hate owning him, only put him in because I had loads of cash :rolleyes:

Same as well I was thinking loads of people won't have him because he is much dearer than Saka/Lacazette. It should have been form I considered instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Great game but FPL wise, just the 2 points for me between Saka & Cresswell :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Yeah I noticed a whopper score there on the Fpl game week site in the 20 quid head to head I’m in. Must be you!

Says your top 200 for the game week so far, great going. Think I got a gw rank of 82 or something a few years ago. It’s a serious buzz, enjoy it!

current game week rank 59 !!! out of over 8,000,000ish people (including bps my game week score is 85 at the moment)

- I only have reguilon in the next game and if he doesn't play targett comes in , don't know what happened but this game week everything seemed to come together !! only people not to get returns are Dallas, Auba and Meslier (to be fair he got a save point) - everyone else in my team has scored/assisted.

Delighted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

25 from 4 in that game.

If only I played Soucek instead of Cresswell but can't complain overall.

current game week rank 59 !!! out of over 8,000,000ish people (including bps my game week score is 85 at the moment)

- I only have reguilon in the next game and if he doesn't play targett comes in , don't know what happened but this game week everything seemed to come together !! only people not to get returns are Dallas, Auba and Meslier (to be fair he got a save point) - everyone else in my team has scored/assisted.

Delighted !!

Fair play! Don’t forgot that realistically you are even higher than that because you’ll have a good few fools just setting up a team for this week. The fella who was top of the Gameweek last night had a brand new team with 11 players all playing in the first 2 games!!

Delighted !!

Screenshot the end of gameweek for sure! Something to tell the grandkids!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Delighted !!

Nooiiice.

Screenshot that one.

• Advertisement

Screenshot the end of gameweek for sure! Something to tell the grandkids!

told the missus, she was impressed until I said overall I'm now around the 1.1millionth position but this week I did good !!

15mins of fame ...over !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

**** knows if this is true but no Bale or Son

https://twitter.com/SpursITKhub/status/1373685638164267012?s=20

siblers wrote: »
    **** knows if this is true but no Bale or Son

https://twitter.com/SpursITKhub/status/1373685638164267012?s=20

I assume the ITK stands for 'in the know' and this addendum is only used by those 'in the know' And no one would ever dream of chancing their arm and saying they are 'in the know' when they are not?

I was wondering if/when they are wrong does anyone point out to them that they were not ITK but ITW - In the wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

told the missus, she was impressed until I said overall I'm now around the 1.1millionth position but this week I did good !!

15mins of fame ...over !

wyUXIOi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Got rid of Saka for Lingard for this week, my god Saka has missed some quality chances today and against Burnley.

Lundstram wrote: »
    wyUXIOi.jpg

Haha brilliant

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Haha brilliant

the likeness is uncanny (my hair is thinning a bit alright)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rockstar saying Bale bench, and no Son at all.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Rockstar saying Bale bench, and no Son at all.

I'd nearly prefer him for 20 minutes against a tiring defence than being anonymous again and getting subbed after 57.

• Advertisement

Tottenham Hotspur XI to face Aston Villa: Lloris, Tanganga, Rodon, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas, Vinicius, Kane.

Bale on the bench

Son not in squad

Aston Villa — Martínez; Cash, Konsa Ngoyo, Mings(C), Targett; Sanson, Douglas Luiz, McGinn; Traoré, Watkins, Trézéguet.

Grealish not in squad

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

traore starts. now, after weeks of disappointment, this is your time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Bale staying benched is the key to my first sub Trossard getting on. Will be a long game.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Bale staying benched is the key to my first sub Trossard getting on. Will be a long game.
    I'm the same with Lingard. But given the lack of other options I'm fairly confident he will be on.

Unless he is REALLY in the doghouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

I hadn’t noticed until I just checked but my bench is awful this week! I’m on free hit and my first 11 have been doing great. But the bench is a shocker! 4 from 4 with Odegaard first sub with 2. Hopefully Bale comes on and gets a goal anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Plan all week was to sign Trossard - went Bale at the last moment.

Neil-Warnock-750x432.jpg

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Plan all week was to sign Trossard - went Bale at the last moment.

Neil-Warnock-750x432.jpg

same, except I went auba

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

CSF wrote: »
    I'm the same with Lingard. But given the lack of other options I'm fairly confident he will be on.

Unless he is REALLY in the doghouse.

You'd have to expect him to come on. Much higher than a 50/50 chance. Ideally Spurs are winning 3-0 at half time and there is no need for him, if they are chasing a goal I'd think he is more likely to be used :D

Tottenham Hotspur XI to face Aston Villa: Lloris, Tanganga, Rodon, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Lucas, Vinicius, Kane.

Bale on the bench

Son not in squad

Aston Villa — Martínez; Cash, Konsa Ngoyo, Mings(C), Targett; Sanson, Douglas Luiz, McGinn; Traoré, Watkins, Trézéguet.

Grealish not in squad

Jayus that spurs twitter crowd was right!

• Advertisement

Brought in Bale for a hit. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays on the bench

Advertisement