Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardeners World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thud

scarepanda wrote: »
    Just seen that there's 2 winter specials, looking back at the summer, on tonight and next Friday

Hopefully not just a rehash of all the viewers lockdown videos, it got a bit repetitive during the regular season

Following Monty on Instagram is a treat, too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thud wrote: »
    Hopefully not just a rehash of all the viewers lockdown videos, it got a bit repetitive during the regular season

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit of a rehash tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Just bought his new book My Garden World, looking forward to reading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭chrisd2019

Garlinge wrote: »
    Thumbs up from me for Autumn Raspberries, especially good crop this year. Larger berries and much longer fruiting time and the birds dont seem to be aware of them! They started in July and will keep going til frosty weather. The dry sunny weather earlier this year made for a poor summer crop. I read somewhere not to cut the canes down til Spring, I usually cut once fruit is done as the summer ones being mindful to leave new branches of those for next year's fruit.
    The Autumn variety fruit on new growth of the same year.

Have to agree with you, I have them growing for the past few years, they usually fruit for me from September to Halloween, depending on how wet the late autumn is. The trick seems to be to harvest the ripe berries regularly to encourage the plant to continue producing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Just bought his new book My Garden World, looking forward to reading it!

Me too, although I haven't had a chance to even look at it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

scarepanda wrote: »
    Just seen that there's 2 winter specials, looking back at the summer, on tonight and next Friday

That’s a good idea. Would be good to show some things to do in winter, although minimal, there still can be some things to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

I’m distracted by Monty’s dogs every week ... they are gorgeous! It’s a great TV programme even for a novice like me.

ðŸ‘

Just came across this today, a bit of cheer ahead :D

Picture seems to have disappeared??? GW back 4 weeks tomorrow :):)

Back tonight
    9pm on bbc 2.
    summer is coming........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Back tonight
    9pm on bbc 2.
    summer is coming........
    Except for BBC NI, where it is tomorrow at 5 instead.
    Grrrr

The missus tells me it's on at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Well the listings are for football until 10, and that's what's on now, so... we shall see :-)

I take it back. It's at 9!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,395 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not if you're watching in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

If you are on VM scroll down to BBC2 HD , that's not the NI one and its on there ar 9 tonight

We’ve got one of them dodgy freesat boxes, sold to us by a Curry’s worker from the boot of his car, it has all the bbcs and uk channels wouldn’t be without it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wooo! Gardener's World is back! Yes!

That’s some transformation in the Leeds garden, just shows what can be done with a little imagination. Wouldn’t have the patience for all that watering though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Dissapointed with that advice by Joe Swift in regard to the no dig bed. There is absolutely no need to leave that bed empty. It can be planted straight away.

• Advertisement

Hands down my favorite episode last year was the visit to Dave Guolson’s garden (professor of biological science and bee expert). So nice to see it repeated because I think his message is so important!

His study in Germany that there has been a 75% drop in flying insects in 26years stopped me in my tracks last year. What kind of world will our children have in another 26 years???.....I can’t even bear to think about it!

And his message for us is so simple..leave a patch of unmown lawn, and don’t spray pesticides, it’s literally that simple to make a difference.....!

Rant over :pac::pac: next note to self, I must invest in some helibores to plug winter/spring gap, loved them in tonight’s show.

Looks like GW is cancelled tonight due to the Duke of Edinburgh’s schedule reshuffle.

Looks like GW is cancelled tonight due to the Duke of Edinburgh’s schedule reshuffle.

You're not serious.

Ah for f... sake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,395 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i thought they'd have helicoptered a camera crew in for the occasion so monty could have done his wise avuncular routine. and then back to the begonias.

and all mention of digging deep holes edited out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I think it’s rescheduled for Sunday morning 6.45am.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I think it’s rescheduled for Sunday morning 6.45am.

They normally repeat it early on a Sunday morning followed later on by a repeat of Beechgrove.

I'm sure it will get shown on a prime time slot when the BBC regains its senses. (Almost universal anger on twitter in regard to its postponement.)

and all mention of digging deep holes edited out of it.

God rest him, he was an expert digger of holes it would have been a fitting tribute!
    OldRio wrote: »

I'm sure it will get shown on a prime time slot when the BBC regains its senses. (Almost universal anger on twitter in regard to its postponement.)

Sure I suppose how could it be any other way, the world doesn’t revolve around Monty even though I do think so myself :pac:

I’ve found Gardening with Carol Klein on channel 5 +1 (on now if anyone’s interested!) not too bad an evening’s substitute I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

OldRio wrote: »
    They normally repeat it early on a Sunday morning followed later on by a repeat of Beechgrove.

Yes but much earlier than it used to be, was alway directly before beechgrove.

8.00pm tonight BBC2.

• Advertisement

What were those flowers the blue tits were feeding on? Didn't catch the name. Anyone know?

Advertisement