Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 29 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

So close to benching trossard glad I didn't, trossard Sanchez Dunk in this love it, FH looks like going pay of handsomely 47 with bale, Tierney, auba, Anto and Kane c to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Hold onnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

klopparama wrote: »
    3 minutes to go and still no shot on target from Newcastle.

Beat me to it have never been so comfortable with a treble defence and Dunk captain.

Only annoy thing is Brighton do not seem to be getting much corners - all keep ball and Newcastle standing off them.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It's like a training match now, Newcastle have thrown in the towel.
    They had 25% possession in the first half.

Newcastle supporters must be glad they are not there. Long auld trip as well - 700 miles round trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yesssss!! Get in

Quadruple Brighton defence comes up trumps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Triple cleanie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Lundstram wrote: »
    Captained Trossard and had a dream last night he came off injured after 3 minutes. Officially worried.

That went better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Phewwwwwwwww get in! Assist for veltman plus triple defence finally some planning pays off....

Fitz* wrote: »
    Yesssss!! Get in

Quadruple Brighton defence comes up trumps!

Jayus you scared the be jayus out of me. I just read the top line and assumed it was a Newcastle goal! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its looking like a good week so far for the free hitters, presume many had 3 Leeds and 2 or 3 Brighton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trossard 3
    Maupay 2
    Veltman 1

Welbeck in the mix for that final bonus though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunk, Trossard and Maupay is a splendid treble to have there. Had Veltman instead of Dunk until late in the day but I will not complain too much after that haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its looking like a good week so far for the free hitters, presume many had 3 Leeds and 2 or 3 Brighton

I'm delighted anyway - 53points (including BPS) and 5 players still left to play :D possibly my best week of the season :D (including double game weeks ha ha)

Muahahaha wrote: »

I am on 38 after FH captained dunk treble Brighton defence. Benched Bamford like an eejit - but played Dallas and Rafinha.

Happy enough with it. But if Bamford was not flagged I would have played him instead of Antonio.

I assume a lot of FH people will finish in about the 60s by the end of this gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

20 from 2 there. Noice :D 38 from 5 in total with a possible 6 to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

qwabercd wrote: »
    Brighton clean sheet nailed on here.

Didn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well done Brighton defence backers. Just Gross myself there. 35 now with 5-7 left to go. Probably 5.

It kind of takes away the belief that a FH shouldn't be used for just 4 matches. Once you can pinpoint at least one match where you have a clear favourite and go in on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

34 from 2 there, 37 (-4) with 7 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

25 (-4) from 3 players so far. Very happy with that. Only Dunk from Brighton but without the Free Hit I couldn’t afford to be stuck with a few Brighton lads in the next Gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

betting against Brighton was a bad idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Veltman in the back 3 is annoying, zero attacking threat

:(

Went for Dunk over him. Was blinded by that goal last week and had intended on getting the Dutchman up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Same here, liked Veltman stats before last week and then got swayed watching the Southampton game last Sunday to splash out on Dunk.

25 from 3 so far sees red arrows, seems to be more FH in play than I'd thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Only Sanchez for me, not on a FH and didn't want double Brighton with their upcoming fixtures which may have been a mistake now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

On 35 now with 5 to go but that's likely 4. Would have snapped your hand off for a score like that at start of the GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

29 (-4). Martínez, Dawson, Son(!), Watkins and Kane (c) to go. Kane doing well will actually be good for me, few others didn’t captain him in my main leagues. Lingard needs to stay quiet tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

38 with Reguillon, Cresswell, Aubameyang, Bale, Kane (c)

It’ll be the first time I’ve captained a player playing Villa this season and not a feeling I had missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

46 from 6 - brought in Veltman and Trossard this week with 2 FT so HEWT to say the least.

Have been tipping along at 300k since Christmas but finally a bit of a breakthrough to 180 now. A good wildcard and bench boost could salvage my season.

Kane (c), Martinez, Konsa and Probably not Son to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Irish lad up to 1st in the world. He still has a few players left to play, including like me, Captain Kane.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

It’s not a good start to the morning reading those scores when I’m sitting on 16 (-4) with 6 to play :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

49 (-4) with Konsa Bale and Kane to go.
    Best week against the field of the season
    2m have Kane captain so hope he doesn’t go crazy

Advertisement