Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Moreilly wrote: »
    It spins 'fairly' freely, spins for two or three seconds on it's own. contacted the local dealer earlier and got this :(

"due to the high volume of repairs that we are receiving at the moment, we are only repairing Automowers that we sold. Provided that they are in Ireland, the agent who originally sold the unit to you should be able to look after you, particularly if it is still under warranty."

It’s a European warranty. Husqvarna are obliged to fix it. I’d contact Husqvarna in Dublin and complain. Liffey Distributors.

The dealer can, of course, put you at the end of the queue which is basically what he has said. He hasn’t actually refused to fix it. That is the downside of importing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Moreilly wrote: »
    Getting "cutting system blocked" error constantly on 430x , there is nothing there. Bought it in germany just under 2 years ago so it's still just under warranty. I remember at the time i looked into warranty and made the purchase knowing i could bring it to a local dealer if there was issues, did anybody have to do this yet ?

If you haven't already done so you should do this:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

4head wrote: »
    Hi Guys, so the mower has arrived and appears undamaged. I haven't ran it yet as the weather is truly godawful for that craic.

During my research of Mygermany, I had estimated the weight and size of parcel at 10kg which I was thinking would cost me 4o-50 euro. However, I got a nasty shock as the actual weight was 19 kg and the cost was €200!!! A lot of my saving gone right there. My options were to kick up on price but they had my parcel and I had already paid Roboexpert €800. My bad that I didn't factor in enough for the base station and install kit in the overall weight. I could also have explored returning the goods but I wanted it so I bit the bullet and paid.

When estimating the cost, from memory, the cheapest carrier were UPS but I believe they may have issues with the batteries so Fedex was the cheapest option when the goods had actually been weighed and checked in at mygermany.

Total cost of €1000 and the delivery was actually quicker than I thought, about 10 days from ordering.

In conclusion, this was as much about my mental health during lockdown, managing after brexit and the virus mutations with the knock on effects on border checks. It's still winter and my garden will need to be significantly altered with new seeding etc but I knda had to have the mower as I'm sure a number of you will appreciate!! At best I may have saved 2-300 euro, at worst I have financially broken even but any goodwill is lost with local supplier should issues arise.

No issues with mygermany or roboexpert but perhaps its best to get definitive weight from supplier and definitive price from mygermany although that may prove difficult in current climate as they are busy busy.

I will set it up in a reduced garden area over the coming weeks and continue to alter the garden with a view to extending its range in due course.

Hope this is helpful and I look forward to hearing how ye get on.

So my 450x is finally here :D With delays due to weather and Covid it took about a month from when I placed my order!. I did request consolidation of 2 of the three packages (the house and a large installation kit) so was expecting delays. Cost of shipment was about €35 for these two items through UPS. The mower itself I also went with UPS and insured the contents total cost roughly €75 - no issue with shipping the battery. UPS service was swift (4-5 days) once mygermany got the packages to them. All and all I would recommend mygermany they have a good customer care service which I truly teated!. The only downside so far to buying from roboexpert.de was that the manual doesn't come in English (available online) and the charging station is a European plug (€10 fix). Reckon we easily saved about €900 - €1,000 all in all ... now to get it up and running!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 its1970

Gickyk wrote: »
    So my 450x is finally here :D With delays due to weather and Covid it took about a month from when I placed my order!. I did request consolidation of 2 of the three packages (the house and a large installation kit) so was expecting delays. Cost of shipment was about €35 for these two items through UPS. The mower itself I also went with UPS and insured the contents total cost roughly €75 - no issue with shipping the battery. UPS service was swift (4-5 days) once mygermany got the packages to them. All and all I would recommend mygermany they have a good customer care service which I truly teated!. The only downside so far to buying from roboexpert.de was that the manual doesn't come in English (available online) and the charging station is a European plug (€10 fix). Reckon we easily saved about €900 - €1,000 all in all ... now to get it up and running!!

How did you get UPS to ship, when I go to mygermany the UPS shipping states no lithium batteries? many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

jprboy wrote: »
    If you haven't already done so you should do this:

had spotted hat video on youtube, all was fine though. strange thing is the next day i started the mower and all was fine - never stopped once and has been running fine ever since, i remember last season i had something similar happen.

the guarantee is out in a just over a month and im hoping all will be well after that, i sent two messages to husqvarna via their facebook page regarding the guarantee for mowers bought abroad (which i know are covered here) and the silence was deafening......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

listermint wrote: »
    What size and make up is her lawn would be a better question.

Yes husqvarna are indeed the name at the moment. They are great mowers the higher end ones pack all sorts of features. Some nonessential like lights and GPS. But they come at the price of a second hand car.

My own lawn is around 1050 sq meteres. L shaped a bunch of island trees / bushes not completely flat it's undulating but no major slopes. Some sections have narrow entrances and so forth.

I purchased the McCullogh Rob1000 a few months ago. McCullogh are a subsidiary of husqvarna and the mower has husqvarna parts inside including its battery and the branded charging unit . I bought it for an absolute steal of £544.99 on an Amazon deal. It has a pin security system it is rated for 1000 sq meters of lawn. It doesn't have GPS or an app. But being honest it doesn't need it. The point of these is to setup and let them at it. They cut in random patterns and charge themselves then go again.

As my lawn is L shaped I have the guide wire ran from one side of it round to the other and the mower is programmed to launch off the guide wire around the corner for a percentage of the time to insure it cuts the larger area more regularly than the smaller area .

The cut is fantastic my lawn has improved in the short time I've had it. The only things I've had to do is pull a palm leaf out from the blades when it ran over and stopped the mower. And de-ice the wheels because seriously some may not believe me but the wheel threads iced up on some dew a few weeks back and ice formed. The mower got no traction and stopped on the spot and turned itself off. I'm sure it would have melted in the day time heat but I found it funny for Wicklow weather with no snow.

So my point.

I've had a superb experience with the mower , it cost me a fraction of the husqi retail price and frankly the outcome is probably the same.

Il stop now before I sound like a McCullough evangelist but I can't help recommending it based on value for money and my own experience.

And one other thing at the price point it's expensive for some but not worth bothering my house insurance about.

Listermint if you happen to see this post thanks for all of the above help and advice & for any of the rest of you on here that bought a McCulloch I'd be very grateful if you could please share your thoughts.

I'm going to order an Automower of some description in the next week or so & I was wondering if any of you that bought the any of the McCulloch machines (Thinking of the Rob1000 or close to it) would mind letting me know how they have held up in the few years since?

I'd actually order one today on the basis of it being a rebadged Huskie - But I'm concerned re the few cases on this thread where the PCB / Electronics had been affected by slugs /weathering?

Hoping this was a recognised issue that was engineered out since?

To be honest I'd prefer to pay more on day one than to snag a bargain and have to be replacing fried electrics every so often.

My parents have a Huskie for 10 years or so and a poor attempt at a little shelter for it and the base station has been flawless throughout.....

My grass area is just under the 1000m2, all flat - Is it good advice to go a model up so the machine isn't over extending itself or do the manufacturer's size them fairly well - ie will a 1000m2 model cover it comfortably without shortening the life of machine and components?

Great to have a little community on here with such good help and advice! - Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Only problem I've had was the PCB and the slug and tbh that's such a freak incident I don't think it's the mowers fault. The PCB was weatherproofed and varnished and inside the housing. This isn't a McCulloch base station btw it's a husqvarna one used on lots of their more expensive models. I replaced the board and it worked immediately.

I've placed the station now on a bed of stones rather than the grass patch it was on to make the slugs less happy to cross.

.other than above I'd recommend them any day for simply care free lawn maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Any advice appreciated on a problem im having

I have a 2018 husqvarna 430x, I took it out from winter storage and got the flashing blue light. I tried swapping boundary wires with guide wires to no avail.
    I have between 6 and 8 ohms resistance between all wires.
    I reset guide wire in security settings.
    I have 24 volts between al and ar terminals on the base.
    I made up a bit of wire about 40 metres long and joined to al and ar and still have the flashing blue led.

The mower actually worked for a couple of days but didnt find its way home to charge once or twice. Now its telling me no guide wire.

Have I missed something or is the charging station board gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 4head

Hi Gickyk, sounds like you fared better than me with delivery cost, 75 v 200 euro! My package was in 1 box mower, station and install kit. Weighed 19kg. Soumds like yours was heavier, any idea where the saving was made or was it down to timing? The new variant of covid had just emerged and i gather there was pandamonium at borders. Anyway, well done and i would like to get a better understaning of the viability of mygermany going forward. Good luck with the mower! Mine is still in the garage in the box!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Any advice appreciated on a problem im having

I made up a bit of wire about 40 metres long and joined to al and ar and still have the flashing blue led.

The mower actually worked for a couple of days but didnt find its way home to charge once or twice. Now its telling me no guide wire.

Have I missed something or is the charging station board gone?

Based on the test you’ve done I’d say the docking station board is gone. I’ve been there!

They are a weak spot along with the transformer powering it. Any current spikes and they get into trouble.

Into the dealer I’d say is your next step. €170ish for new board, if it’s that.

Have you got a surge protector on the transformer? If not, get one.

• Advertisement

Hi All, I'm going to order a McCulloch Rob R1000 ASAP.

Can anyone advise the best deal going on these?

Best I've found is this:

https://northxsouth.ie/products/mcculloch-rob600-robot-lawn-mower-by-husqvarna-600m?_pos=1&_sid=468cab096&_ss=r

Also do you all have a small backup mower to collect leaves in autumn etc?

Heard some people saying you need one (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horseireland

Why isn't the 5yr warranty available on a 430x in Ireland?

its1970 wrote: »
    How did you get UPS to ship, when I go to mygermany the UPS shipping states no lithium batteries? many thanks

When I got my inbox shipments UPS came up as an option. I didn't flag the battery with mygermany. I placed no weight on the no batteries comment as in other reference documents on the mygermany site it states that this was up to a voltage limit which the robot was under. Mygermany was aware of the battery as the box was wrapped in tape stating electrical items enclosed. When selecting the courier (at my inbox stage) it states UPS does allow lithium batteries so I went with them.

4head wrote: »
    Hi Gickyk, sounds like you fared better than me with delivery cost, 75 v 200 euro! My package was in 1 box mower, station and install kit. Weighed 19kg. Soumds like yours was heavier, any idea where the saving was made or was it down to timing? The new variant of covid had just emerged and i gather there was pandamonium at borders. Anyway, well done and i would like to get a better understaning of the viability of mygermany going forward. Good luck with the mower! Mine is still in the garage in the box!!

From memory, I think the mower and station weighed in at 26 Kgs - honestly I think the saving was just that I went with UPS. As per my previous post I didn't inform mygermany that there was a battery within the parcel however I did look into battery limits on their site but was still expecting not to be able to choose UPS as an option. However, when it came to it UPS did come up for me and the info stated - at this point - that UPS can export batteries. Info was very contradictory but I saw no reason way UPS couldn't deliver so took the chance! Was half expecting Mygermany to contact me again saying I couldn't go with UPS but they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Sorry to anyone who doesn't have an Ambrogio mower because this question will probably make no sense!
    Am installing one soon and am confused on how to setup the re-entry method to the charging station? The manual is in badly translated English and not very clear.
    Options seem to be:
    1 - Follow the wire home. Follows the wire clockwise until it gets home
    2 - V-Meter. Follows the wire clockwise at an offset of up to 1m
    3 - Quick Re-entry. Form the perimeter wire into a triangle shape, this sends the mower off perpendicular to the wire until it hits the wire again. Cuts out sections of the perimeter to get home faster. Need a "recall on the wire" loop before each triangle.
    Not sure what the major advantage of V-meter is. It still has to do the full perimeter trek albeit slightly away from the perimeter wire. The quick re-entry method seems unnecessarily complicated and would involve bending the wire at a sharp radius.
    Just wondering what others have done and if it works ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

Has anyone purchased blades for 430x from amazon? Are they any use? A lot cheaper than own brand. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 4head

From memory, I think the mower and station weighed in at 26 Kgs - honestly I think the saving was just that I went with UPS. As per my previous post I didn't inform mygermany that there was a battery within the parcel however I did look into battery limits on their site but was still expecting not to be able to choose UPS as an option. However, when it came to it UPS did come up for me and the info stated - at this point - that UPS can export batteries. Info was very contradictory but I saw no reason way UPS couldn't deliver so took the chance! Was half expecting Mygermany to contact me again saying I couldn't go with UPS but they didn't.
    Hi Gickyk, thanks for response. I used UPS too but as far as I can recall I emailed mygermany in advance to tell them about the battery. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fael

murfler wrote: »
    Has anyone purchased blades for 430x from amazon? Are they any use? A lot cheaper than own brand. Thanks

I got a 45 pack for €25. Works as good as the OEM blades. I have a 310, but blades are the same.
    They seem to be out of stock at the moment but this is the link:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RPYM3DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

fael wrote: »
    I got a 45 pack for €25. Works as good as the OEM blades. I have a 310, but blades are the same.
    They seem to be out of stock at the moment but this is the link:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RPYM3DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, yes I bought similar a few weeks back but haven't my mower out yet to test them. I figured they would work as well as the own brand, what are they only shaving blades really

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm going to order a McCulloch Rob R1000 ASAP.

Can anyone advise the best deal going on these?

Best I've found is this:

https://northxsouth.ie/products/mcculloch-rob600-robot-lawn-mower-by-husqvarna-600m?_pos=1&_sid=468cab096&_ss=r

Also do you all have a small backup mower to collect leaves in autumn etc?

Heard some people saying you need one (?)

Ok - Granted its a bit odd to quote my own post but it seemed to make sense!

Northxsouth managed to deliver my McCulloch Rob 1000 within 24 hours of ordering it & that was without me even paying the optional €3.99 extra for priority delivery.

Very impressed with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

KCross wrote: »
    Based on the test you’ve done I’d say the docking station board is gone. I’ve been there!

They are a weak spot along with the transformer powering it. Any current spikes and they get into trouble.

Into the dealer I’d say is your next step. €170ish for new board, if it’s that.

Have you got a surge protector on the transformer? If not, get one.

Thanks for the info, off to the dealer so

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

Ok hoping the big robot lawnmower thread can help on two points. First I’ve a Ambrogio l250i elite plus and have it since September last. Been indoors since November out last 2 weeks. My problem is that once fully charge or at least over 75% charged robot comes out of the station does a u-turn and goes back in this will continue until it’s scheduled to go out. Have it set for 3 days a week 7hrs. This has got so bad it’s dug a rut into the lawn around the the charge unit and pulled up the grass so any bit of rain it’s a mud bath. So far I’ve switched off the rain sensor thought it might be that. I’ve dismantled the base station cleaned all the terminals. Reconnected everything green light flashing everything ok. I’ve even sanded the terminals invade of oxidation. The reason I haven’t gone to the main dealer yet is I left the base station out during the last cold weather and the screws cracked thier mounts so now I have part of the base station wrapped in duct tape. Only for scructural support electrically it all checks out. Bar a hum of one the charge points when the mower is not in.

Any help, advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭E30M3

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Ok hoping the big robot lawnmower thread can help on two points. First I’ve a Ambrogio l250i elite plus and have it since September last. Been indoors since November out last 2 weeks. My problem is that once fully charge or at least over 75% charged robot comes out of the station does a u-turn and goes back in this will continue until it’s scheduled to go out. Have it set for 3 days a week 7hrs. This has got so bad it’s dug a rut into the lawn around the the charge unit and pulled up the grass so any bit of rain it’s a mud bath. So far I’ve switched off the rain sensor thought it might be that. I’ve dismantled the base station cleaned all the terminals. Reconnected everything green light flashing everything ok. I’ve even sanded the terminals invade of oxidation. The reason I haven’t gone to the main dealer yet is I left the base station out during the last cold weather and the screws cracked thier mounts so now I have part of the base station wrapped in duct tape. Only for scructural support electrically it all checks out. Bar a hum of one the charge points when the mower is not in.

Any help, advice appreciated

Have you tried resetting the S/W to factory settings and then installing updates and resetting the mowing schedule. Bit of a faff but at least it should rule out the S/W. I've done tat a couple of times on my 350 Elite and it has resolved particular strange behaviour.

I set mosses loose yesterday.
    I told the missus it would definitely stop when it hits the daffodils. It didn't .
    I need to set up a section of boundary wire that I can switch between for spring/summer mowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

I set mosses loose yesterday.
    I told the missus it would definitely stop when it hits the daffodils. It didn't .
    I need to set up a section of boundary wire that I can switch between for spring/summer mowing.

I did this set-up myself from a little research
    Posted my workings on reddit landroid forum, but should suit any mower
    https://www.reddit.com/r/worxlandroid/comments/je3rj7/alternate_mowing_area_spring_bulbs/

Working perfectly this spring....though I couldn't see where the bulbs were planted, so gave them generous space and now have more room for bulbs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

Anyone know anybody doing Ambrogio spare parts in ireland, mowermagic want to charge me £40 for shipping a £20 item. Luigi decided to slice through his blade guard not quite sure how he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭E30M3

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Anyone know anybody doing Ambrogio spare parts in ireland, mowermagic want to charge me £40 for shipping a £20 item. Luigi decided to slice through his blade guard not quite sure how he did it.

Happened me also and I stuck it back successfully with Super Glue, worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 its1970

Has anyone else being having an issue with registering an account on the mygermany.com website? I keep getting "Your request failed to complete".

Driving me made as I want to import a STIHL IMOW 422 PC. Tried contacting them but no reply as yet. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Anyone got a dealer service for an husqvarna automower - got charged 70 euro today which seems a bit steep :-( - Aside from plugging it into a laptop and changing blades - do they do anything else ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Anyone got a dealer service for an husqvarna automower - got charged 70 euro today which seems a bit steep :-( - Aside from plugging it into a laptop and changing blades - do they do anything else ?

I've been quoted 140 last year. Not had one in 3 years since purchase. May do this year as I feel one wheel motor might be dodge, but still going

Advertisement