Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day

Options
  • 16-03-2021 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/public-asked-not-buy-cans-23732052

Don't be buying bags of cans or takeaway pints tomorrow.

Don't be naughty boys and girls, cancel the BBQs and house parties.

Don't enjoy the good weather.

Hold firm. Stay inside. Put on your green jersey and say a few decades of the rosary to pass the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Lots of water! That's the key apparently

Open the pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Close this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Open the pubs.

Naughty :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Open the pubs.

They've no stock.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Flagons it is so

Flagons it is so

Naughty :mad: An extra decade of the rosary for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

10/10 for junior minister Donovan for stupid comment of the day.

People are going to buy cans and meet up indoors because they're far less likely to be caught and fined for it than if they bought cans and sat a few feet apart in tomorrow's sunshine, which is a much, much lower-risk activity.

Glynn said a few times "we don't want people meeting up indoors" while being the current head of the body making sure exactly that happens. It's a sitcom.

Remember, the virus loves alcohol too.

• Advertisement

People are going to buy cans and meet up indoors because they're far less likely to be caught and fined for it than if they bought cans and sat a few feet apart in tomorrow's sunshine, which is a much, much lower-risk activity.

Glynn said a few times "we don't want people meeting up indoors" while being the current head of the body making sure exactly that happens. It's a sitcom.

Those people are all very bold. The modeling shows that there will be 1000 cases for every can and takeaway pint consumed tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭Allinall

I’m off to the dog show.

You can always get a drink there on St. Patrick’s Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Thinking of going to protest tomorrow. Normally a peaceful fellow. Purely just for something to do. Join the crowd just start shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

GazzaL wrote: »

Hold firm. Stay inside. Put on your green jersey and say a few decades of the rosary to pass the time.

I actually think they have totally lost the plot.

Now I won't be breaking any of restrictions but I will be going out to enjoy the beautiful weather in my local park or walk by sea well within my 5km.

I will also enjoy an alcoholic beverage in evening with my husband, no parties here.

I understand Gardai has to stop any protests, but if they start stopping people going out to enjoy their local amenities on their own as a family we as a nation have lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

GazzaL wrote: »

Na a green Jersey is boring. I think I will wear one of my green dresses :) sit outside in the sun just like I did today do some reading and get a tan :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Thinking of going to protest tomorrow. Normally a peaceful fellow. Purely just for something to do. Join the crowd just start shouting.

I'd love to go along myself but I'd be afraid what could happen during it. By coincidence I was in Dublin City centre for the last protest but by accident. There wee an awful lot of council estate types there on the day and you could just see what was going to unfold. Think it may happen again tomorrow so I won't go in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Good to see people taking nphets advice and not buying cans. SuperValu deal on 20 bottles is flying out the door.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A thread started by a poster who is banned from posting in both main threads on a topic that can easily be discussed in those threads

Naughty :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement