Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

  • #1
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 8,915 mod CatInABox


    Game Pass Ultimate upgrade deal:

    Microsoft has three different subscriptions for Xbox: Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass, and Game Pass Ultimate.

    Xbox Live Gold gives access to online multiplayer, with four free games a month. It costs €60 a year if bought directly from Microsoft, or around €40 if bought from a place like CDKeys.

    Game Pass gives access to hundreds of games, including the latest from Microsoft owned studios. It's a revolving list of games, with games going in and out on a regular basis. It normally costs €120 a year of access.

    Game Pass Ultimate combines the Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass subscriptions, with more DLC available, and has games available on PC as well. It normally costs €160 a year if bought from Microsoft.

    Here's how the upgrade deal works: Adding any length of Game Pass Ultimate to your account will automatically upgrade any existing Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass subscription to Game Pass Ultimate. If you have 14 months of Xbox Live Gold, and two months of Game Pass, then adding 1 month of Game Pass ultimate will result in you ending up with 17 months of Game Pass Ultimate (14 + 2 + 1).

    Please note that the most that you can load onto your account is 36 months or so, so please be aware of this if you have three 12 months codes. This can be an issue if you turn on recurring billing (which gives you a free month) during the application of one of these codes, as it will stop you from applying all your codes.

    Here's a step by step for those with no subscriptions at all on your account:
    1. Buy two 12 month and one 6 Month Xbox Live codes at the best price you can find.
    2. Go onto the MS website here, and turn OFF recurring billing
    3. Load a code onto your Xbox account, and when asked, turn ON recurring billing. This gives you an extra month.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have applied all your codes
    5. Purchase the 3 months for €1 Game Pass Ultimate deal, or if it is not available, purchase a single month of Game Pass Ultimate

    After this, you'll have three years of Game Pass Ultimate, or very close to it.

    If you've already added some Game Pass Ultimate onto your account, then you can still avail of the offer, but you'll need to wait until your subscription expires. Once you've got no Game Pass Ultimate on your account, then you can proceed with the steps above.


«13456

Comments



  • Seems the price of Gold is increasing in some territories.

    https://news.xbox.com/...x-live-gold-pricing/

    Price is doubling in the US, which makes Gold extremely bad value with GPU costing only $4 more per month.

    This could see the end of the cheap upgrade deals for GPU.




  • My 2 children play xbox. One of the accounts has game pass(€1 upgrade from live gold) which is about to expire. The other gets the benefit as it's a shared console. Is there a downside of getting live gold for the other account and then using the €1 upgrade again? If i make a 3rd account and add it to the xbox, would that work too? Thanks




  • My 2 children play xbox. One of the accounts has game pass(€1 upgrade from live gold) which is about to expire. The other gets the benefit as it's a shared console. Is there a downside of getting live gold for the other account and then using the €1 upgrade again? If i make a 3rd account and add it to the xbox, would that work too? Thanks

    You'll lose access to any Games With Gold redeemed on the account. You are better off doing the guide above and renewing GPU on the current account.




  • Question regarding CDkeys.

    They let you buy codes for Worldwide and Europe. Which one will work in Ireland?

    I bought a xbox code off them a while ago and it didnt work so I wonder if I picked the wrong region.




  • Question regarding CDkeys.

    They let you buy codes for Worldwide and Europe. Which one will work in Ireland?

    I bought a xbox code off them a while ago and it didnt work so I wonder if I picked the wrong region.

    I can confirm that EU codes work in Ireland.


  • Advertisement


  • Hi guys,
    just a tip from me on upgrading to Game Pass Ultimate.

    I bought 3 years of Live Gold from cdkeys as it was suggested here.

    To upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate, I "bought" one month of Ultimate using 12 000 points from the Xbox Rewards app.

    Can confirm, this has also upgraded my 3 years of Live Gold to Ultimate subscription :)

    Thanks.




  • Just setup a new account for my Series X coming next week.


    I am trying to setup this deal but one or two things im not sure. For starters cdkeys dont have 6 month codes for live gold so how do i work around that?


    Also the second step Go onto the MS website here, and turn OFF recurring billing when i follow this i cant see anywhere that i can turn off recurring billing.


    Any ideas?




  • Just setup a new account for my Series X coming next week.


    I am trying to setup this deal but one or two things im not sure. For starters cdkeys dont have 6 month codes for live gold so how do i work around that?


    Also the second step Go onto the MS website here, and turn OFF recurring billing when i follow this i cant see anywhere that i can turn off recurring billing.


    Any ideas?

    CDkeys have them here, their website isn't great at differentiating their products.

    You don't need to worry about turning off recurring billing as you're only just setting your account up for the first time. Once you've put a code on, it should appear for the next one.




  • CatInABox wrote: »
    CDkeys have them here, their website isn't great at differentiating their products.

    You don't need to worry about turning off recurring billing as you're only just setting your account up for the first time. Once you've put a code on, it should appear for the next one.

    Thanks for the reply.

    So which should I buy from cdkeys with what they currently have on sale?


  • Advertisement


  • Brilliant thank you.

    That top link says Xbox 360, but they are all the same according to this
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/can-i-use-my-xbox-gold-on-a-xbox-360-and-a-xbox/60a38e29-0ea1-4e31-ab23-a36375c5d387

    And this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3bo8sk/will_an_xbox_360_gold_membership_code_work_on_my/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

    But I'd like someone one here to confirm.

    There is a Xbox one 12 month EU one on there for 8 quid more. But as I said I think they are the same.
    (Edit)
    That one also says Xbox 360

    Yep, it's all Xbox live. But if it's not too late, someone can doubly confirm.




  • So just an update on the above and my experience today.

    I priced Cd Keys and then decided to go with Eneba as I've bought PlayStation credit on their many times before no issues.

    So I bought two twelve months and a 6-month gold live on there which worked out cheaper and they where all Europe versions which clearly stated on the site they work for Ireland.

    So I followed all the steps and had everything was perfect until it came to upgrading to Game Pass Ultimate for the 1 euro. Every time id try it would mention my store region needed to be changed.

    So I got onto support and explained the issue with the region. First, he asked where I lived and then where I bought the Xbox live subs. I told him where and he mentioned of course that they recommend to use the Microsoft store.

    Then he says that the region the codes were bought for was currently in the US!? So I explained that I had bought them in Euros and they clearly state there for the European market he asked for a screenshot of the receipts and I sent it to him.

    He said as it was 3rd party they assigned it to the US for some reason.

    As a one time gesture, he would switch the region of the account for me to Ireland but when I went to upgrade to Game pass again I had the same issue. So he was able to do it on his end and everything now seems to be updated and I won't be charged again till the end of 2022.

    Really weird issue as I've used Eneba before never had any problems and first I taught it might have been because I used Revolut but the payment he took for me cleared threw there okay in the end.

    Anyway just in case anyone has similar issues going forward be careful!




  • Glad you got it sorted, would hate to have Morrissey have another reason to write a sad song. :)
    Also, end of 2023 ish you mean ?




  • YoshiSays wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted, would hate to have Morrissey have another reason to write a sad song. :)
    Also, end of 2023 ish you mean ?


    Haha **** yeah 2023!




  • My GPU sub is due to end on Monday. Does anyone know if it’s possible to avail of the same deal again once it expires? Typical it runs out the day before MLB hits the Xbox




  • My GPU sub is due to end on Monday. Does anyone know if it’s possible to avail of the same deal again once it expires? Typical it runs out the day before MLB hits the Xbox

    It worked for my son in March.
    We have no information that it shouldn't work today.




  • JoyPad wrote: »
    It worked for my son in March.
    We have no information that it shouldn't work today.

    Thanks I’ll buy the subs during the week and have them ready




  • Thanks I’ll buy the subs during the week and have them ready

    Keep us posted, mine ends on the 21st




  • My Live/GPU expired yesterday and so, following steps in the OP, I've bought 2x 12 months and 1x 6 month Live subs. I've loaded the first one in and didn't get prompted to enable recurring billing; I manually clicked through the steps to do this but it simply will not work - I choose to renew @ 1 month billing and add my payment info (I've tried a valid card and Paypal) but once finished I just get returned to choosing my recurring billing interval (1 or 3 months) with my sub expiry still being 12/04/2022 - anyone else?


  • Advertisement


  • Shred wrote: »
    My Live/GPU expired yesterday and so, following steps in the OP, I've bought 2x 12 months and 1x 6 month Live subs. I've loaded the first one in and didn't get prompted to enable recurring billing; I manually clicked through the steps to do this but it simply will not work - I choose to renew @ 1 month billing and add my payment info (I've tried a valid card and Paypal) but once finished I just get returned to choosing my recurring billing interval (1 or 3 months) with my sub expiry still being 12/04/2022 - anyone else?

    Hmm all that sounds like it's using the standard conversion ratio. 12 months of live would give you 4 months GPU and then 6 months gives you 79 days. Add everything up would put you around that date you have given.




  • rizzla wrote: »
    Hmm all that sounds like it's using the standard conversion ratio. 12 months of live would give you 4 months GPU and then 6 months gives you 79 days. Add everything up would put you around that date you have given.

    Sorry I should have made that clearer - I haven't yet got as far as adding GPU yet; I'm just trying to stack the Live subs (starting with one of the 12 month ones) and obtain the extra 3 months first but the autorenewal isn't playing ball.

    Update: I ended up going ahead an loading in the next 12 month sub with no auto renew prompt there either, however I did get the prompt once I loaded in the 6 month one and accepted - from there I re-subbed to GPU (@ €12.99 for one month) and the end result is my GPU now doesn't expire until 12/12/2023 as expected without the 2 extra months for the 12 month sub renews.

    (I've disabled auto renew again also).




  • Funny I was looking into this today. My GPU does not expire until October but I was looking to extend this. So from reading the above, I am advised to let my GPU expire completely? Then purchase 2 or 3 12 months Live codes and trying to convert to GPU again?

    Just like the step by step guide for the orignial 1 euro offer, it would be great to get a sticky for people who are close to expiration and a guide on how to get the best deal again with GPU.




  • Shred wrote: »
    Sorry I should have made that clearer - I haven't yet got as far as adding GPU yet; I'm just trying to stack the Live subs (starting with one of the 12 month ones) and obtain the extra 3 months first but the autorenewal isn't playing ball.

    Update: I ended up going ahead an loading in the next 12 month sub with no auto renew prompt there either, however I did get the prompt once I loaded in the 6 month one and accepted - from there I re-subbed to GPU (@ €12.99 for one month) and the end result is my GPU now doesn't expire until 12/12/2023 as expected without the 2 extra months for the 12 month sub renews.

    (I've disabled auto renew again also).

    Excellent, I think I get it now.

    You can only avail of the 1 free month for turning on auto renewal once.

    Add in you Live codes
    Turning on auto renew gets 1 month free
    Then 12.99 to convert everything to GPU and add on another month
    So 32 months (2 x 12, 1 x 6, 1 free for auto renewal + 1 for turning on GPU)




  • rizzla wrote: »
    Excellent, I think I get it now.

    You can only avail of the 1 free month for turning on auto renewal once.

    Add in you Live codes
    Turning on auto renew gets 1 month free
    Then 12.99 to convert everything to GPU and add on another month
    So 32 months (2 x 12, 1 x 6, 1 free for auto renewal + 1 for turning on GPU)

    Pretty much although it should be possible to get an extra month per sub loaded as per the steps in the OP; it just didn't work on the 2x 12 month subs for me for some reason.

    Note that anything over 36 months will not be converted to GPU which is why the recommendation is to go with 2x12 and 1x 6month Live subs which gives 30 months + 3 months free + the 1 month GPU purchased to create the conversion for a total of 34 months.




  • CatInABox wrote: »
    If you've already added some Game Pass Ultimate onto your account, then you can still avail of the offer, but you'll need to wait until your subscription expires. Once you've got no Game Pass Ultimate on your account, then you can proceed with the steps above.

    Does this definitely work if you already availed of the upgrade originally?
    It expires on the main account on the kids Xboxes this week, but if I let it expire and can go through the steps in the OP I'll do it that way.

    Otherwise I'll use on the kids accounts who've never had it.




  • Hurrache wrote: »
    Does this definitely work if you already availed of the upgrade originally?
    It expires on the main account on the kids Xboxes this week, but if I let it expire and can go through the steps in the OP I'll do it that way.

    Otherwise I'll use on the kids accounts who've never had it.

    It works. You will be charged full price for the 1 month GPU sub to convert it.




  • Sorry, total newb here. Got an xbox one a while back for kids, they are getting old enough now to do online gaming. This looks like this should give 12 months access? Its says one/360 and eu.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

    Thanks




  • donaghs wrote: »
    Sorry, total newb here. Got an xbox one a while back for kids, they are getting old enough now to do online gaming. This looks like this should give 12 months access? Its says one/360 and eu.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key

    Thanks

    That will work, a bit more expensive than usual for cd keys though.

    Eneba and Instant Gaming are both cheaper atm.


  • Advertisement


  • That will work, a bit more expensive than usual for cd keys though.

    Eneba and Instant Gaming are both cheaper atm.

    Just did mine today. Good till end of Dec-2023.

    That Eneba site was great, also got an extra bit off with the Honey extension that runs through all available discount codes.


Advertisement