Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

Skipduke wrote: »
    Fantastic news - let's hope it all pans out as planned. Any ideas when the next recruitment will be ?

No mention of it anywhere so far. Hopefully it begins sometime this year, but its anybodies guess at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Super! Wonder are these dates for new intakes or the Gardai that need to go back to do training

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

AD07 wrote: »
    Super! Wonder are these dates for new intakes or the Gardai that need to go back to do training

By reading that, I would take that as a breakdown of new trainees. She addresses the gardai that need to resume training after "The Deputy may wish to further note that intake 203, who have been on placement in training station in recent months, are due to return to the Garda College on 22 March 2021."

By reading that, I would take that as a breakdown of new trainees. She addresses the gardai that need to resume training after "The Deputy may wish to further note that intake 203, who have been on placement in training station in recent months, are due to return to the Garda College on 22 March 2021."

Ah great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Great news, I wonder how many people are waiting to be called that have the PCT and medical completed ? Or do the majority of the 450 being recruited have the PCT and Medical outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Great news, I wonder how many people are waiting to be called that have the PCT and medical completed ? Or do the majority of the 450 being recruited have the PCT and Medical outstanding

I have all stages completed since March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Have to repeat medical myself

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

There is roughly over 700 who have the various stages completed.

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    There is roughly over 700 who have the various stages completed.

Yeah a good few might not pass PCT

Yeah a good few might not pass PCT

Agreed, would be highly surprised if all of those are still ready and willing to proceed with the career.

A number have been waiting years, and while the hardcore are still here waiting their chance, it stands to reason a good number have been forced to move on with their lives.

• Advertisement

On a related note, this might be of interest, was doing some digging and stumbled upon this.

"To be of further assistance, I have asked the Garda authorities to provide updated information. I am advised that any such estimate is subject to a wide range of assumptions.

I am informed that at 31 December 2020, there were 14,491 Garda Members. It is estimated that 330 Members will leave the Garda organisation between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2021. Therefore, in order to have 15,420 sworn Garda Members by 31 December 2021, 1,259 new Members would have to be attested in 2021.

The table below as provided to me by the Garda authorities sets out the payroll costs relating to the hire of Gardaí in 2021 to 2022. Payroll costs for new Garda recruits include an initial basic allowance of €184 per week. After 32 weeks of training, Garda recruits are attested and move on to the first point of the Garda pay scale, which is €31,600. I am informed that this is the pay scale that is expected to be in operation on completion of training in August 2021.

The figures include Employer's PRSI and an estimation of allowances which Garda members may qualify for depending on their assignments. This annual cost increases each year as the members move up the Garda Pay scale.

2021 intake (1259 trainees)
    2022 Intake (1110 trainees)

Total Sworn Members

These calculations are based on the assumption that all trainees commence training on 1 January, that all those members retiring or resigning do so on 1 January and that in both 2021 and 2022 an estimated 330 Members retire or resign from An Garda Síochána.

The figures relate to the costs of the newly attested Gardaí only and any savings relating to retirements or resignations are excluded. The projected costs do not take into account any pay increases that may occur from 1 January 2021."

Source: https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2021-02-10a.1647&s=Garda+Recruitment

I wonder when they do start taking people in will it be blended learning or in templemore

I wonder when they do start taking people in will it be blended learning or in templemore

I believe last word from the Assistant Commissioner in speaking to the policing review board was that the intention was to have it be a blend of the online learning and attendance at Templemore (to begin with at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Anybody have any idea of how many have all stages complete? I'm about a year now with all done. And getting seems to be completed. Would be hopeful for may?

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea of how many have all stages complete? I'm about a year now with all done. And getting seems to be completed. Would be hopeful for may?

Id be hopeful for May. Like you, I've all stages completed and vetting completed since last March..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Purple_snack

Does the medical expire after a year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

I have my medical and fitness test completed since 2019 but have not heard any word from hq that I need to resit?
    Do you get an email letting you know ?

I have my medical and fitness test completed since 2019 but have not heard any word from hq that I need to resit?
    Do you get an email letting you know ?

Once you pass the fitness you don't need to resit it again, and as for the medical id say the vast majority of us will need to redo it if its over the 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

Is there a what’s app group for people that have everything finished if so can I be added to it, please? Thanks

Is there a what’s app group for people that have everything finished if so can I be added to it, please? Thanks

Same. All completed since March 2020

• Advertisement

If there is an intake of 150 planned for May, when do we reckon we will get an offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    If there is an intake of 150 planned for May, when do we reckon we will get an offer?

5/6 weeks notice ideally so mid April
    College open Monday coming so hopefully some news from next week on

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Do ye reckon fitness / medical tests will be held before the May intake?

Of those 150, id imagine all of them will have everything completed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Fingers crossed the Fitness / Medicals kick off again soon.. I can't imagine much more than 200 waiting to be called that have all stages complete, then again nobody probably knows

I'd say they will offer places to those with all stages completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Fingers crossed the Fitness / Medicals kick off again soon.. I can't imagine much more than 200 waiting to be called that have all stages complete, then again nobody probably knows

Does anybody have any idea how many waiting? I would have imagined be a good chunk with all completed waiting. Me being one.

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea how many waiting? I would have imagined be a good chunk with all completed waiting. Me being one.

Apprxomately 650-700 waiting, a good number have everything completed, but we dont have figures as to how many that actually is.

Majority, if not all of their Medicals will be out of date, as they are only in date for a year , so it’s hard to know how it will go

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    Majority, if not all of their Medicals will be out of date, as they are only in date for a year , so it’s hard to know how it will go

Hopefully we just need to get a letter signed by or gp. Like what we had to do for the fitness test.

• Advertisement

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Hopefully we just need to get a letter signed by or gp. Like what we had to do for the fitness test.

Hopefully , most gps won’t see ya at all these days to give a once over , it’s all over the phone , but hopefully it works out like that

Advertisement