Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Nesta99 wrote: »
    People wearing disposable gloves during this pandemic bugs me as they then tend not use hand sanitisers. Saw one person wearing disposable gloves doing s shopping, must have spotted a mark or spilled food on their coat and licked a gloved finger to wipe the mark off...

Obviously kids are being encouraged to regularly use sanitisers in school but not hand cream after, ok it would cost plenty but note the amount of kids that have contact dermatitis, eczema and the like after a few weeks back at school. Maybe parents could pack some hand creams but it should be part of the protocol as would be standard in say a healthcare setting where constant hand washing is needed.

Need some myself, hands in bits with needed to sanatise/wash 20/30 times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Antares35 wrote: »
    That drives me mad. In between restrictions I had to pick my friend up in the car. There he was standing on the street corner with his latex gloves looking like a proper psycho :D he got into the car (having been on a bus) with his gloves on. I just said to him, "are you going to take those off?" and he was like no no, it's safer to keep them on, as he touched the seatbelt, door handle etc.

I eventually convinced him to remove them, use hand sanitiser etc but for someone who is supposed to be intelligent, it took a while to convince him he was just putting bus germs all over my car. It's as if he thought covid germs wouldnt stick to a glove or something. Worst part was then he just put them in his back pocket. They're single use! I genuinely do not understand the rationale behind using them when all they seem to do is encourage complacency.

Amazing how generally intelligent people have no clue about how contamination can spread so easily. Missus had the toddler playing with raw egg shells, I'm not allowed to say these things of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

New Home wrote: »
    Major TA: Stupid disrupted sleeping pattern interspersed with insomnia, and when eventually you do actually fall asleep.... nightmares.

I feel your pain.. it's a nightmare isnt it :p
    My sleep is all over the gaf (literally) at the moment. I'm awake constantly during the night then falling asleep in the shower next day.

Last night my tummy was itching to the point of being painful so I got up in a daze and covered myself in calamine lotion.
    The bathroom now looks like I murdered a clown or someone with white blood. There's calamine lotion everywhere. I'll have to go buy a mop and clean it up.

TA living by yourself and having to do all the housework..even if it is all your mess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »

TA living by yourself and having to do all the housework..even if it is all your mess ;)

Realising you are a messy individual when there's no one else to blame :D

But seriously where does the dust in the bathroom come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I wear disposable gloves, I put them on as I enter the shop.

I have dermatitis, some hand sanitizers are extremely harsh and sting like f*ck. My hands can also start to randomly bleed. To me having gloves on is a better alternative to maybe accidentally leaving traces of blood.
    When I get to the car once trolley is returned I remove gloves properly.

Before the pandemic I'd always wear leather gloves, however as they can't really be washed , so disposable it is.
    Sorry PC didn't mean for my post to come across the way it did. I should have thought it through more. My hands are in bits from constantly using sanitiser so can't imagine if I had a skin condition already :(

TA waiting for call from the vet to see how my cat is, and a call from my boss to tell him I'm pregnant again. Not particularly excited about either call and my stomach is a ball of nerves plus I know they're calls will come at the same time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sorry PC didn't mean for my post to come across the way it did. I should have thought it through more. My hands are in bits from constantly using sanitiser so can't imagine if I had a skin condition already :(

TA waiting for call from the vet to see how my cat is, and a call from my boss to tell him I'm pregnant again. Not particularly excited about either call and my stomach is a ball of nerves plus I know they're calls will come at the same time :(

Ah no I get it :)

Just pointing out there maybe a legitimate reason for wearing them.

But your gonna get idiots either way :D

Best of luck with the phonecalls

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

just make sure you dont get the two calls mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

just make sure you dont get the two calls mixed up.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Socks.
    You wear them all day,not a bother.

Why is it when you go to bed and you leave them on,they just cling to your feet.
    Making your feet really tight.Then you have to move yourself and take them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Updates on PC. An hour waiting and feck all happening. I have to work late now. Damn you to hell and back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Slipped going down the stairs this morning. Thankfully landed arse first so effectively bounced downwards step by step, but now I think I may have severely bruised one of my toes and sprained my wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ScrawnyShawny

Lovely day out so I says ill clean me car. It's therapeutic for me. Went out and who's there? The fooking Bushwackers from next door. I tolerate them but their right pompous ****. I knew your man'd sting me. He comes over and starts talking ****e about Megan and Harry? Megan and Harry? What the **** do I wanna know about Megan and Harry for? I says your spending too much time in lockdown with your misses mate. Ye sound like me granny. Don't get me started on the misses. She's putting too much water in the hanging baskets if ye know what I mean...down to her knees they are heh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Turmeric fingers.

Lemon juice will fix that.

TA: The phrases “roll out” and “ramp up”

I swear, if someone uses either of those in front of me they are getting a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA: The phrases “roll out” and “ramp up”

I swear, if someone uses either of those in front of me they are getting a slap.

May I add 'reach out'?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"We need to reach out to our partners and ramp up the leverage of our usp going forward to make sure we all engage with the synergy generated by our dynamic corporate bull****"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People that randomly, suddenly and casually - taking it upon themselves to walk across the road in front of cars.

Not even looking left or right. No acknowledgement, warning, signal, nothing.

Putting the complete onus on the car driver for their safety.

I think it is the nonchalance that annoys me the most.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

People that randomly, suddenly and casually - taking it upon themselves to walk across the road in front of cars.

Not even looking left or right. No acknowledgement, warning, signal, nothing.

Putting the complete onus on the car driver for their safety.

I think it is the nonchalance that annoys me the most.

Not being legally allowed to run them over is what annoys me the most

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trivially annoyed because Ive had a blocked ear this last few days. Googled for a solution and some articles said to pour extra virgin olive oil into your ear. Said feck that Im not using a food product as a medical one and reckoned there would be something better and medical grade in the pharmacy.

So off I set on a 30km round trip to go and get it. Got home and opened up the little box and the tiny 10ml bottle has written on the label 'Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Made in Spain'.

To top it all off I paid 7.20 for 10 millilitres of this olive oil. I could have got a litre of it in Tesco for 2.49. This olive oil from the pharmacy comes in at a cost of 720 euro per litre. I dont know how the pharmacist kept a straight face, even cocaine doesnt have that kind of mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Gameshows where the contestants are made to reason their thinking out loudly for an inordinate amount of time.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed because Ive had a blocked ear this last few days. Googled for a solution and some articles said to pour extra virgin olive oil into your ear. Said feck that Im not using a food product as a medical one and reckoned there would be something better and medical grade in the pharmacy.

So off I set on a 30km round trip to go and get it. Got home and opened up the little box and the tiny 10ml bottle has written on the label 'Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Made in Spain'.

To top it all off I paid 7.20 for 10 millilitres of this olive oil. I could have got a litre of it in Tesco for 2.49. This olive oil from the pharmacy comes in at a cost of 720 euro per litre. I dont know how the pharmacist kept a straight face, even cocaine doesnt have that kind of mark up.

Hey Muahaha.. be sure to heat the olive oil first and only use a few drops. Tilt your head to the side for a few minutes and that should do the trick. I've had many a blocked ear.
    I once shoved a wax earplug so hard into my ear it got stuck. My sister tried pulling it out with an eyebrow tweezers and perforated my eardrum in the process!

TA feeling more tired after a nap then I was before it 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Programmes like the one that's on Virgin Media Three now - "Next dog top model". Do me a favour...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Paddy's Day being on a Wednesday next week!!!!

Why not just shift it to the following Friday or Monday, to give us a long weekend away from work???

Paddy's Day should be like Easter, and slightly change the calendar date so as to always fall on a weekend day, and we get the following Monday off!!

It's not like we can go anywhere on a long weekend.
    I was given the option but it's of no advantage to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Programmes like the one that's on Virgin Media Three now - "Next dog top model". Do me a favour...

The assumption of dog owners that everyone likes their dogs and that everyone should put up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's barking mad.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You see an article headline quite often saying 'Scientists discover that eating chocolate can help cure/prevent x disease' or 'Chocolate is good for you, say scientists!'.
    When you read the whole thing you discover that it only works if you have no more than one square of very dark chocolate per day.

Oh woe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You see an article headline quite often saying 'Scientists discover that eating chocolate can help cure/prevent x disease' or 'Chocolate is good for you, say scientists!'.
    When you read the whole thing you discover that it only works if you have no more than one square of very dark chocolate per day.

Oh woe :(

bit surely 2 squares would be twice as good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

bit surely 2 squares would be twice as good?
    2 squares of extra dark is 2 squares too many :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Well is 1 square of dark chocolate not the same as 20 squares of milk chocolate or 40 squares of white chocolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When people use "click" instead of "clique" when talking about a group of people. I think it annoys me a bit more than trivially...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

spookwoman wrote: »
    The assumption of dog owners that everyone likes their dogs and that everyone should put up with them.

Oh, it's not the liking their dogs I've a problem with, I love animals. I do take issue with the programme, though. First we have "The Next Top Model" (it HAS to be televised, or else nobody could ever be chosen to parade clothes up and down a catwalk ever again). But then, when Jo(sephin)e Soap's attention starts to wane and the ratings drop, the big TV honchos decide to modernise the format. What can we replace the women with? Oh, I know, DOGS!!! Because DOGS have such a big ego and they thrive on the challenge of being judged for their appearance... they've been dreaming of becoming The Next Dog Model since they were ickle pups... :rolleyes: And what better way of keeping the public entertained with cat fights, sob stories, rivalry, etc? And when dogs don't grab the public's attention any more, we'll probably replace them with the next wall of drying paint, "50 shades of whatever on an accent wall" (c) (tm).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement