Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Burning yourself while cooking.
    “Run your hand under the cold tap for 10 minutes”
    - not exactly practical when food is ready and needs to be served up to the family.

Cold aloe vera gel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Companies that allow you to sign up to a sub and/increase package online to whatever you want but if you want to downgrade they make it very difficult and you cannot do it on line.

Have to ring or even write and when you ring they don't answer.

Had trouble cancelling Sky last year and today I wanted to cancel a cheap sub I had with The Times Newspaper but now they're doubling their price and I have to ring to cancel. Can't get through.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Cold aloe vera gel

Have it on now. Couldn't find earlier but daughter located it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

murpho999 wrote: »
    Companies that allow you to sign up to a sub and/increase package online to whatever you want but if you want to downgrade they make it very difficult and you cannot do it on line.

Had trouble cancelling Sky last year and today I wanted to cancel a cheap sub I had with The Times Newspaper but now they're doubling their price and I have to ring to cancel. Can't get through.:mad:

I found PayPal handy for cancelling payments. Much handier than sites themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Antares35 wrote: »
    Smokers in outdoor queues.

And my cat is sick :(

Smoking in queues and at bus stops is the height of ignorance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Washing machine - is it the slow blinky green light or the not-so-slow blinky light setting that I need? ��

It was still blinking when I got up. I guess that wasn't the one for delay start. Or it was paused. Must remember the other blinky light setting next time.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

optogirl wrote: »
    shoes dangling on a wire. I don't understand. Is it someone saying 'this house deals drugs' or the dealer saying 'we sell drugs here'?

There's a very nice house in a very well to do street not far from me that I often walk by on my lunchtime walks. It has a tree full of pairs of shoes in it's front garden. I'm always tempted to go in and knock to see what the story is with the shoes. It's bonkers. There must be about 20 pairs in this tree.

My TA for today is recap shows that lie. I've been watching old shows on YT about renovating old stately homes and noticed a catch up program giving an update on the homes one year after the shows. The program is 1 hour 40 minutes. Do you know how much time is devoted to the "update"? 4 minutes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Windows updates that screw your computer over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

spookwoman wrote: »
    Windows updates that screw your computer over.
    And Android updates that screw up your phone and your micro SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tesco brand chocolate eclairs. They are just toffees with a smidge of chocolate in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭blade1

murpho999 wrote: »

Contact them through Twitter and request a callback.
    You'll be surprised how speedy companies can be when the public can see how they respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Having been inevitably bombarded with stories of the Meghan and Harry interview, i relented and watched it.
    All I'll say is this.. if you did a shot of tequila every time Meghan said 'right?' at the end of a sentence you'd be bleedin hammered!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »
    Having been inevitably bombarded with stories of the Meghan and Harry interview, i relented and watched it.
    All I'll say is this.. if you did a shot of tequila every time Meghan said 'right?' at the end of a sentence you'd be bleedin hammered!

It's very American.... similar to our "like" or "do you know what I mean?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Thursday must be bring your entire fúckin family to the supermarket day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The way social media and the news just go overboard on things to the point it actually turns you against it. Does more damage than good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

It's very American.... similar to our "like" or "do you know what I mean?"

It's incredibly annoying or should I say trivially annoying :)
    I also struggle to find her genuine, she's just not likeable.

TA feeling tired and sleepy all day then 11pm hits and BING so full of energy I could run a marathon!

Our vet surgery is located on a main road with residential houses on both sides. Quite an affluent area, but one of those newly affluent ones, the kind my nanny would have referred to as having "fur coat and no knickers" residents.

Anyway these residents have a chip on their newly wealthy shoulders about vet clients parking on the main road outside their precious boxes. Yesterday I was lifted out of it by a pr*ck in a jeep because he "couldn't get into his drive". I wasn't actually parked across it or blocking it, he just didn't fancy the turning in angle that he'd been left with. Today I was sitting in my car again outside, and some yoke with her cheeks stapled back behind her ears felt the need to shoot me filthies as she pulled into her driveway.

Why are people such maggots? Do they not realise that they literally do not own a square of land outside their own little patch? Feel like sending them letters saying thanks for treating me like a piece of **** while my cat was in the vets struggling to live.

The whole thing has just made me feel so much worse about being there, with our dear cat for whom the prognosis is really bad. :( Between the cat, the pregnancy hormones and the **** treatment from residents, that's two days in a row now I've sat outside the vets in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got overcharged again in Lidl. This time by 55 euro. I bought two muffins and they charged me for 75 muffins.
    I was in the car and I woke up out of my trance and said wtf and went back in. I didn't buy that much stuff and it took me a few mins to realise it seemed like a lot of money. I know I should have got it straight away but it's been a long day.
    Last time it was 18 euro and it was the same till. Obviously the till is broken. Honestly though, it really is bad. I wonder is it happening to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Turmeric fingers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that it's not Friday night.... nnnnnghhhhh!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you take mash potatoes out of the freezer to go with the stew for dinner, only to find that it was apple compote that the label had fallen off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Poochie05 wrote: »
    When you take mash potatoes out of the freezer to go with the stew for dinner, only to find that it was apple compote that the label had fallen off

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bwmt7hhjmhmakqgeuz6qxrbhoh97yyrwdb3gwdjgn&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Dog couldn't hold his piss in today. Not his fault as he's on water tablets but of all the places he could've pissed, he had to piss on the hallway tiles, where it had made its way into every line of grout that was there, making numerous canals along the hallway. Bleach and hot water sorted it out but, mate, next time try crying to go out like you USUALLY DO, why didn't you whine at me this time? -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

People wearing disposable gloves during this pandemic bugs me as they then tend not use hand sanitisers. Saw one person wearing disposable gloves doing s shopping, must have spotted a mark or spilled food on their coat and licked a gloved finger to wipe the mark off...

Obviously kids are being encouraged to regularly use sanitisers in school but not hand cream after, ok it would cost plenty but note the amount of kids that have contact dermatitis, eczema and the like after a few weeks back at school. Maybe parents could pack some hand creams but it should be part of the protocol as would be standard in say a healthcare setting where constant hand washing is needed.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    People wearing disposable gloves during this pandemic bugs me as they then tend not use hand sanitisers. Saw one person wearing disposable gloves doing s shopping, must have spotted a mark or spilled food on their coat and licked a gloved finger to wipe the mark off...

That drives me mad. In between restrictions I had to pick my friend up in the car. There he was standing on the street corner with his latex gloves looking like a proper psycho :D he got into the car (having been on a bus) with his gloves on. I just said to him, "are you going to take those off?" and he was like no no, it's safer to keep them on, as he touched the seatbelt, door handle etc.

I eventually convinced him to remove them, use hand sanitiser etc but for someone who is supposed to be intelligent, it took a while to convince him he was just putting bus germs all over my car. It's as if he thought covid germs wouldnt stick to a glove or something. Worst part was then he just put them in his back pocket. They're single use! I genuinely do not understand the rationale behind using them when all they seem to do is encourage complacency.

Major TA: Stupid disrupted sleeping pattern interspersed with insomnia, and when eventually you do actually fall asleep.... nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Nesta99 wrote: »

Obviously kids are being encouraged to regularly use sanitisers in school but not hand cream after, ok it would cost plenty but note the amount of kids that have contact dermatitis, eczema and the like after a few weeks back at school. Maybe parents could pack some hand creams but it should be part of the protocol as would be standard in say a healthcare setting where constant hand washing is needed.

I wear disposable gloves, I put them on as I enter the shop.

I have dermatitis, some hand sanitizers are extremely harsh and sting like f*ck. My hands can also start to randomly bleed. To me having gloves on is a better alternative to maybe accidentally leaving traces of blood.
    When I get to the car once trolley is returned I remove gloves properly.

Before the pandemic I'd always wear leather gloves, however as they can't really be washed , so disposable it is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Paddy's Day being on a Wednesday next week!!!!

Why not just shift it to the following Friday or Monday, to give us a long weekend away from work???

Paddy's Day should be like Easter, and slightly change the calendar date so as to always fall on a weekend day, and we get the following Monday off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I wear disposable gloves, I put them on as I enter the shop.

I have dermatitis, some hand sanitizers are extremely harsh and sting like f*ck. My hands can also start to randomly bleed. To me having gloves on is a better alternative to maybe accidentally leaving traces of blood.
    When I get to the car once trolley is returned I remove gloves properly.

Before the pandemic I'd always wear leather gloves, however as they can't really be washed , so disposable it is.

Like mask wearing if there is a good rationale to why they are being used or not then grand. You are obviously clued in to how disposable gloves can be used. Before the pandemic I'd get wound up seeing healthcare workers wearing gloves feeding residents in care homes - damn well insulting in the implication as those gloves wouldnt be worn to protect a patient/client. Like if it were their parents in a care home and saw that they'd be highly insulted. The amount of gloves just duped about supermarket carparks shows a lot of misues and people who dont care about anyone but themselves. Licking the glove though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Burning yourself while cooking.
    “Run your hand under the cold tap for 10 minutes”
    - not exactly practical when food is ready and needs to be served up to the family.

I presume they have hands also?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement