Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N22 - Macroom to Ballyvourney (Macroom Bypass) [open to traffic]

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

marno21 wrote: »
    It’ll def be busy from Macroom to the Mons Bar junction. West of there will be very quiet.

The Ballyvourney junction is about 100m from the existing road, and the Millstreet Road junction in Macroom is quite close to the town. It’ll def be quicker using the bypass.

So to go from Ballyvourney-Macroom you'd get on at Ballyvourney and come out the Millstreet road is it? Still don't know all the junctions precisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Just to confirm, the entire scheme is 2+2 and full grade separated.

How will the scheme tie in at either end. Hoping they aren’t planning on roundabouts at both ends.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Just to confirm, the entire scheme is 2+2 and full grade separated.

How will the scheme tie in at either end. Hoping they aren’t planning on roundabouts at both ends.

Roundabout at the east end and free flow either the old road starting at a partial GSJ at the west end.

East end is where the planned Macroom-Ovens drops from motorway grade to 2+2. West end would be the terminus of a planned Youghal-Ballyvourney DC

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

So to go from Ballyvourney-Macroom you'd get on at Ballyvourney and come out the Millstreet road is it? Still don't know all the junctions precisely.

Yes indeed

There’s a junction at the Clondrohid Road in Ballyvourney (it’s about 100m away from the existing N22 - very close) and on the Millstreet Road in Macroom, just where the town ends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

marno21 wrote: »
    Roundabout at the east end

I can see that being a complete disaster in the morning. Everyone trying to push in from the overtaking lane last minute, it has the potential to be worse than ovens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Apparently Amber petrol station is being built on millstreet road between what will be the new roundabout and junction to go to macroom. I initially thought it was a car garage with the canopy thats gone up but from asking around its a petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mercedeslimos

aisling86 wrote: »
    Apparently Amber petrol station is being built on millstreet road between what will be the new roundabout and junction to go to macroom. I initially thought it was a car garage with the canopy thats gone up but from asking around its a petrol station.

You know the bit of land to the left of the road between the Riverside park hotel and the Recycling Centre? That was bought originally and flattened in preparation for a new petrol station as a joint venture by (I believe) Paddy Murphy Macroom Haulage and McCarthy's Glenview Motors. As soon as the bypass was announced that was put on ice. Maybe its them who are at that?

You know the bit of land to the left of the road between the Riverside park hotel and the Recycling Centre? That was bought originally and flattened in preparation for a new petrol station as a joint venture by (I believe) Paddy Murphy Macroom Haulage and McCarthy's Glenview Motors. As soon as the bypass was announced that was put on ice. Maybe its them who are at that?

Oh didn't know that. Possibly so why did they give up Glenview tho to Applegreen would they not have just moved sites.

Oh didn't know that. Possibly so why did they give up Glenview tho to Applegreen would they not have just moved sites.

They sold the site up New St to applegreen, probably got a decent offer. Noticed since then, their fuel is no cheaper. About 10c a litre in it between Macroom and Killarney. They also have the DOE centre out beyond Teerbeg so I'd say they knew that if they held on they'd get a decent prime spot. Hopefully there's more than just a deli in the new place.

They sold the site up New St to applegreen, probably got a decent offer. Noticed since then, their fuel is no cheaper. About 10c a litre in it between Macroom and Killarney. They also have the DOE centre out beyond Teerbeg so I'd say they knew that if they held on they'd get a decent prime spot. Hopefully there's more than just a deli in the new place.

I'm hearing supermacs reckon that's why people are talking about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Prospectors

There is a planning application for the existing fuel station at gurteenroe to be demolished and rebuilt with 8 pumps, car wash, shop, deli, etc. That will be two new petrol stations within a few hundred metres of each other.

There is a planning application for the existing fuel station at gurteenroe to be demolished and rebuilt with 8 pumps, car wash, shop, deli, etc. That will be two new petrol stations within a few hundred metres of each other.

Hmmm, wonder where on Gurteenroe that is. That parish stretches from where Pat Mac's pub used to be to about the Auld Triangle I think. Certainly, be no harm, they could really do with an HGV pump too. We only have Circle K cards with work and trying to get 46 foot of bus into the one by Kelleher's wasn't happening for me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

TMK McCarthy's petrol station is leased to Circle K.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Prospectors

Hmmm, wonder where on Gurteenroe that is. That parish stretches from where Pat Mac's pub used to be to about the Auld Triangle I think. Certainly, be no harm, they could really do with an HGV pump too. We only have Circle K cards with work and trying to get 46 foot of bus into the one by Kelleher's wasn't happening for me

I was assuming that the planning related to the glenview/applegreen Station currently there, because it includes demolishing no.1 gurteenroe terrace to make site bigger.

I was assuming that the planning related to the glenview/applegreen Station currently there, because it includes demolishing no.1 gurteenroe terrace to make site bigger.

Ah yes, the house on the corner. There are a few houses behind the car park, a lad I went to school with lives there. Can't imagine it will be a huge pile of fun with a huge service station directly in front of your kitchen window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, i see they are at the side of Carrigaphooca road, what next?? is it going over the road there??

tinner777 wrote: »
    lads, I see they are at the side of Carrigaphooca road, what next?? is it going over the road there??

Yep, passed it from the road between the main road and the bell inn (sean tor?)

You can look down the valley. Some engineering going in there. Wonder how long it's going to be before they will close the road to put the bridge in by the castle. They might complete the raising of the other side and install the bridge the same way they did the Bohill bridge.

Picture from Michael Creed Facebook page
    Beam lift yesterday

hi, they put in the bridge today, when that road shuts, where will we be sent to get to macroom??

• Advertisement

hi, they put in the bridge today, when that road shuts, where will we be sent to get to macroom??

Which road is closing? Ballinagree?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Picture from Michael Creed Facebook page
    Beam lift yesterday

Was in the Aldi Macroom car park yesterday and saw what looked like a new bridge in the distance, I assume it was that one.

Which road is closing? Ballinagree?

I'm not too sure, as mercedeslimos says above, there is work going on above the road, very near to the main road, and more work going on below the road

I'm not too sure, as mercedeslimos says above, there is work going on above the road, very near to the main road, and more work going on below the road

There is no plan to close the ballinagree road I don't think, they are closing kilnagurteen from June until December.

There is no plan to close the ballinagree road I don't think, they are closing kilnagurteen from June until December.

Presumably Kilnagurteen and Cloonfadda will start then. They are the last 2 major structures on the Macroom element.

That’ll mean all structures in place this December, with a lot of work to go in between in the meantime.

Would be wonderful if that section opened mid next year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Who wants to get to Macroom???

The roundabout at Coolcower is also needed to complete that element.

Me! I work there :)

I live about 700m from the new bridge on ballinagree Road. So delighted there's no slip road there.
    Will be interesting to watch the new bridge at kilnagurteen go up.

The road at clonfadda is closing from May until September so you can't use it from the Bell Inn down onto main road.

I live about 700m from the new bridge on ballinagree Road. So delighted there's no slip road there.
    Will be interesting to watch the new bridge at kilnagurteen go up.

The road at clonfadda is closing from May until September so you can't use it from the Bell Inn down onto main road.

Is this the road linking the Bell Inn/Church Cross with Codrum and the N22? I travel this road to work every day. Thanks for all these updates Aisling :)

• Advertisement

Is this the road linking the Bell Inn/Church Cross with Codrum and the N22? I travel this road to work every day. Thanks for all these updates Aisling :)

Yes thats the one down the side of graveyard.

Advertisement