Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAZN (Premier League & Champions League etc) €1.99 per month.

Options
  • 10-03-2021 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Following up from the successful SSport thread I went in search of champions league football and stumbled upon DAZN which works via a “Canada” VPN for €1.99 per month.

*tested on an iPhone so other devices may work differently

1) Download the Irish app for DAZN on google play or iOS App Store
    2) pay the €1.99 through google pay or App Store in Ireland or alternatively use a Canada VPN on sign up for 1 month free however after the month it is more expensive (cancel during trial period, latter for testing if it works for you)
    3) Connect to a Canada VPN “Windscribe” tested and working however some are stopped by DAZN so you will need to try a few before you get to the one that works for you.
    4) Open app and see live sports and full match catchup, VPN can be turned off when match is streaming.

Obviously like the SSport thread it will take a few comments to iron out the issues but it’s a great extra option for people out there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I think the issue with DAZN is knowing which VPN works. One working today might not work tomorrow.

Is that Windscribe the free version? If not, how much does it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Kolido wrote: »
    I think the issue with DAZN is knowing which VPN works. One working today might not work tomorrow.

Is that Windscribe the free version? If not, how much does it cost?

Free version of Windscribe, has several Canadian locations. Obviously the issue with this compared to the Turkish is that DAZN actively block VPN’s whereas SSport don’t. The Windscribe VPN has been working for over a week with DAZN with no issues! If you signed up and had a selection of free and one paid VPN’s you should always have at least one that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

I've tried this with multiple vpns. Windscribe, nord, keepsolid and surfshark. The results range from you cannot access this service with a vpn to, dazn is not available in this region to you can only can only access DAZN in the country you created the account. It's this last one that's the problem I think. Nordvpn support ran me through multiple steps but flagged this out as a new dazn policy. Would love to get it working so will keep an eye on this thread!

Windscribe VPN and Dazn app fully working.

Having to crop image to put onto boards

• Advertisement

I've tried this with multiple vpns. Windscribe, nord, keepsolid and surfshark. The results range from you cannot access this service with a vpn to, dazn is not available in this region to you can only can only access DAZN in the country you created the account. It's this last one that's the problem I think. Nordvpn support ran me through multiple steps but flagged this out as a new dazn policy. Would love to get it working so will keep an eye on this thread!

To get it working 100% set up a Canada account for 1 month free via google pay or iOS on windscribe canadian VPN. Any issues I’ll try my best to help.

Don’t want people wasting €1.99 if it doesn’t work for them. The above free month worked for me with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

Great deal but as others have said Dazn are very good at cracking down on VPNs.
    What might work one day wont work the other. I used to tune into a lot of their boxing, some nights perfect and others wouldn't work at all, no matter the VPN. If Canada was blocked, Japan is another to try.

Still, for €1.99 a month its for peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Has never worked for me unfortunately

Spn744 wrote: »
    To get it working 100% set up a Canada account for 1 month free via google pay or iOS on windscribe canadian VPN. Any issues I’ll try my best to help.

Don’t want people wasting €1.99 if it doesn’t work for them. The above free month worked for me with no issues.

Yep that is indeed working thanks. Obviously paying 2 euro would be better than 16 but still a great bargain!!

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Has never worked for me unfortunately

Have you tried Windscribe (Free) ?

• Advertisement

Has anyone opened a DAZN account using Canada as their home address?

Have you tried on firestick yet? I'll check myself. This evening if I can.

Not tried Firestick but sign up via google play or App Store is a must to avoid issues. Laptop working 100% with Winscribe VPN so I imagine the Firestick will be the same! Let me know how you get on

Yep that is indeed working thanks. Obviously paying 2 euro would be better than 16 but still a great bargain!!

I have cancelled my trial and have it free for the rest of the month I’ll then switch to the €1.99 and hopefully it still works. If anyone pays €1.99 and it works via a Canada VPN please do let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I use to be able to get it working on laptop using surfshark not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I could never get it to work on my fire stick, can get it to work on my phone and laptop however.

Edit - With a paid windscribe account.

SSport+ has been much handier for me on firestick but DAZN much better overall if working.

If enough of us sign up we can keep updating current VPN’s (free and paid) that are working to keep it going throughout the year.

Windscribe the only one currently tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I can get to the Canada homepage using Surfshark, have no account so can't test play any content. However, I tried to reach the site about a week ago using the same VPN and server and I couldn't.

Will give it another go and see how it goes and post back here.

Great idea with the thread OP

Another option for CL might be Paramount + its $5.99 a month they show CL/EL they give a free month trial. I havent used it myself so dunno if they actively monitor vpns.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Another option for CL might be Paramount + its $5.99 a month they show CL/EL they give a free month trial. I havent used it myself so dunno if they actively monitor vpns.

I’ve tried this but it doesn’t get past a black screen when trying to play the video, would be great if someone knew how to get that working as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got the dazn CA to load which is a first using windscribe. Dazn just seems like too much hassle unless it has something ssport doesn't have. Ssport always works in fairness to it.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got the dazn CA to load which is a first using windscribe. Dazn just seems like too much hassle unless it has something ssport doesn't have. Ssport always works in fairness to it.

SSport doesn’t have champions league/europa league matches with full match playback afterwards. I do agree however that SSport is easier to get around the location issues.

TheDriver wrote: »

It's the rugby I want that s sport doesn't have. Is handy you can switch off the vpn once the stream starts to save GB on windscribe free. I tried chromecast after switching off stream but no luck so probably laptop and hdmi for now.

It's the rugby I want that s sport doesn't have. Is handy you can switch off the vpn once the stream starts to save GB on windscribe free. I tried chromecast after switching off stream but no luck so probably laptop and hdmi for now.

Chromecast/Airplay workaround like SSport unfortunately doesn’t work but turning off the VPN once playing on a laptop or device does! I’m the same with laptop and hdmi for now :)

Spn744 wrote: »
    Have you tried Windscribe (Free) ?
    Just tried it with Windscribe, still no joy as it says I must be in the same country the account was created , it allowed me to sign up for €15.99 a month with a months free trial, is that how much it costs in Canada?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Just tried it with Windscribe, still no joy as it says I must be in the same country the account was created , it allowed me to sign up for €15.99 a month with a months free trial, is that how much it costs in Canada?

Yes €15.99 in Canada but €1.99 here. Strange as it works for myself and a few others on here. Have you tried a few VPN’s to test out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Won't be long before the beancounters at DAZN go to the boss and say we have more subscribers than the population of Canada. That will then cause a whole lot of issues for their contract with the rights holders and so the whackamole game continues.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I've been using DAZN for over 18 months now.

I set up a Spanish account as I have a Spanish bank account and at the time I set it up it wouldn't accept Irish payments only Spanish or Canadian as those territories are legit for the DAZN rights.

Anyway 18 months later still perfect and €1.99 per month.

I have choice all games and you can even watch two games split screen simultaneously.

Few times my VPN wasn't working I just logged out and back in after checking VPN was connected to and all good.

I have it on my firesticks and Apple tv 4k, smartphones and ipad :)

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I've been using DAZN for over 18 months now.

I set up a Spanish account as I have a Spanish bank account and at the time I set it up it wouldn't accept Irish payments only Spanish or Canadian as those territories are legit for the DAZN rights.

Anyway 18 months later still perfect and €1.99 per month.

I have choice all games and you can even watch two games split screen simultaneously.

Few times my VPN wasn't working I just logged out and back in after checking VPN was connected to and all good.

I have it on my firesticks and Apple tv 4k

It seems like new accounts are region locked. I've an Irish and a Canadian. Canadian won't work with vpn off Irish won't work with it on. I'm wondering if I cancel the Canadian account and renew with vpn off will it renew at 1.99. Doubt it but worth a go.

• Advertisement

It seems like new accounts are region locked. I've an Irish and a Canadian. Canadian won't work with vpn off Irish won't work with it on. I'm wondering if I cancel the Canadian account and renew with vpn off will it renew at 1.99. Doubt it but worth a go.

Could be. I originally signed up with germany late last year, it only ran out recently , it worked ok on laptop through surfshark vpn.

Signed up through irish site and nothing works except irish stuff no matter the vpn.

Advertisement