Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

tdf7187 wrote: »
    How is everyone today?

not too bad i guess, had a session with disability services earlier, so its great to still have access to such, hows you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    not too bad i guess, had a session with disability services earlier, so its great to still have access to such, hows you?

Anxiety still quite bad. Just about to go for cycle. Drinking enormous quantities of tea which they say you shouldn't when you have anxiety due to the caffeine but I need something to keep me going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

I drink lots of tea. But no coffee. Tea helps me relax and cope. Coffee makes me crazy.
    But I do need to drink a lot more water.

Was feeling really bad, cranky, negative, angry, anxious, worried.
    So I went for takeaway chips with my daughter.
    First time we've gone to the chipper in about a year I'd say.
    Nice trip. Feel a lot better after it.

I don't drink much coffee either. For some reason the caffeine high from it is more pronounced that with tea? Or that's my impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Meeoow

YoshiSays wrote: »

Was feeling really bad, cranky, negative, angry, anxious, worried.
    So I went for takeaway chips with my daughter.
    First time we've gone to the chipper in about a year I'd say.
    Nice trip. Feel a lot better after it.

I want chips now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I do love coffee, but I have to sort of 'restrict' myself unless I feel REALLY tired. It doesn't help my anxiety/OCD/ Depression, and apparently that's a common thing with mental health.
    Caffeine is not your friend when it comes to anxiety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

It's honestly amazing the difference the weather can make.

Yesterday I was in great form, feeling very low today. Hopefully the sun returns soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I hadnt drank coffee in years, the caffeine would ramp my anxiety up x100, id be shaking and my stomach would be in knots with racing thoughts and totally unable to concentrate on anything, id feel really hot & flushed and panicky. I started taking anti anxiety medication and for the first time in years I can drink coffee, its amazing! I just bought my first box of mochaccinos this week, its no nice to be able to enjoy coffee again.

I hadnt drank coffee in years, the caffeine would ramp my anxiety up x100, id be shaking and my stomach would be in knots with racing thoughts and totally unable to concentrate on anything, id feel really hot & flushed and panicky. I started taking anti anxiety medication and for the first time in years I can drink coffee, its amazing! I just bought my first box of mochaccinos this week, its no nice to be able to enjoy coffee again.

What medication are you taking do you mind my asking? My anxiety wouldn't be as bad as yours, I can certainly drink coffee without those effects, I just prefer tea and coffee can make me mildly hyper. I am on sertraline but only for a fortnight, SSRIs take a long time to work.

What medication are you taking do you mind my asking? My anxiety wouldn't be as bad as yours, I can certainly drink coffee without those effects, I just prefer tea and coffee can make me mildly hyper. I am on sertraline but only for a fortnight, SSRIs take a long time to work.

Im on Brintellix 10mg for 6 weeks, still have anxiety but its eased enough that I can sleep & drink coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Drank too much coffee today, now I'm jittery and having panic attacks. Any idea how I could get it out of my system?

Drink lots of water.

I can't drink caffeine anymore, affects my anxiety too much, much prefer herbal anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Lavazza decaf with some cream is nice and doesn't exacerbate the old anxiety.

You can buy a bag in Tesco or Dunnes. It's much nicer than the instant decaf.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Really scraping along the bottom recently, things tough enough with physical ailments, dreading annual leave.

Almost 6pm and I haven't left the house.

Almost 6pm and I haven't left the house.

Same, bed all day, nothing much on TV either

That was me yesterday, hit the hay around 6 pm, just drained tired. Woke today round 10 am.

That was me yesterday, hit the hay around 6 pm, just drained tired. Woke today round 10 am.

Found a bit of football to watch so got out of bed.

Slept the same as you last night long week. Bring on paddy's day for a day off

I cycled to the local shopping centre. My attention span isn't even up to watching TV for more than a few minutes, though in some ways that's a good thing (every cloud has a silver lining).

I did watch this movie last night on my laptop, it was ok:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Worry,_He_Won%27t_Get_Far_on_Foot

• Advertisement

I cycled to the local shopping centre. My attention span isn't even up to watching TV for more than a few minutes, though in some ways that's a good thing (every cloud has a silver lining).

I did watch this movie last night on my laptop, it was ok:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Worry,_He_Won%27t_Get_Far_on_Foot

Oh John Callahan was a very interesting guy. He even had two short lived animated series, called Pelswick and Quads, the latter being sem-autobiographical.

Also had a short animated film called 'I think I'm an alcoholic'.

Think I'm going to have to stay up all night to sort out my sleeping pattern.

tdf7187 wrote:

I'd say forcing yourself up in the morning would be better, can be easier said than done though

That can be iffy. Wouldn't recommend it.

Beating myself up cause I was having a lie in. It was only 8:30 on a Sunday. Beautiful morning but the neighbors dog just barking, barking getting in my nerves. I wish they'd tell him to stfu. But they have no consideration for anyone or they are deaf or stupid or something. Really.

Also, annoyed and angry about religion every Sunday morning. I don't participate but because I've been indoctrinated I get anxious about this every Sunday. And I've made such dumb decisions in my life because of their teaching.

Anxious about **** I need to get done for work too.

And need to sort out the house and the kids.

And all the other stuff.

So, much for a day of rest.

Really, all these ****ing monkeys on my back.

Going to make a long list of things that cause me anxiety today and rate them. Cut out some things and fix the others.

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Beating myself up cause I was having a lie in. It was only 8:30 on a Sunday. Beautiful morning but the neighbors dog just barking, barking getting in my nerves. I wish they'd tell him to stfu. But they have no consideration for anyone or they are deaf or stupid or something. Really.

Also, annoyed and angry about religion every Sunday morning. I don't participate but because I've been indoctrinated I get anxious about this every Sunday. And I've made such dumb decisions in my life because of their teaching.

Anxious about **** I need to get done for work too.

And need to sort out the house and the kids.

And all the other stuff.

So, much for a day of rest.

Really, all these ****ing monkeys on my back.

Going to make a long list of things that cause me anxiety today and rate them. Cut out some things and fix the others.

be kind to yourself, it certainly is a lovely day

One thing that really helps me sort out my sleeping pattern is going to bed 30 minutes or an hour earlier each night and getting up an hour earlier each day/morning until im going to bed & waking at a time that suits me. For any nights that I find it hard to drift off, I take a mild antihistamine tablet and it really helps. Staying up all night isnt the best option for fixing sleep patterns in my opinion.

That can be iffy. Wouldn't recommend it.

Yeah you're right. I got to sleep at about 6 a.m. Just up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shysmile1

Been lurking here for a good while and made the decision to join in here, suffering from anxiety and depression for a long time. Early 30's now. Life can be so cold and so cruel. Just wish I had a friend, strangely I get along with males better than females, I can relate more to males than I can to females probably because my psychologist I saw for a long time was male and I've become accustomed to that. I'm on anti depressants and anti anxiety medicines which help a bit, as I get older though the loneliness is taking over. Drop me a message if you'd like to talk.

• Advertisement

Anxiety off the charts again today.

Advertisement