Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

psychozeb wrote: »
    I thought the green one was just a variant that was done by the artist,what package level got the green poster?

Me and the missus got the green background version with our Shortest Straw package... (Green stripe Stag poster, Metallica logo sunglasses, Worldwired Tour scarf.) A friend had done a more expensive package and had two of the blue striped background posters, so we swapped a green for a blue meaning we both ended up having one of each variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Okon wrote: »
    Me and the missus got the green background version with our Shortest Straw package... (Green stripe Stag poster, Metallica logo sunglasses, Worldwired Tour scarf.) A friend had done a more expensive package and had two of the blue striped background posters, so we swapped a green for a blue meaning we both ended up having one of each variant.

I've 2 of the Shortest Straw posters as well. Small, wish they were a bit bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've 2 of the Shortest Straw posters as well. Small, wish they were a bit bigger.

surely you could get them blown up?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Okon wrote: »

Mine was The Shortest Straw package also and I recieved the blue poster,Have the Mick Cassidy one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    surely you could get them blown up?

Seems like a bit of an over reaction. Why is it always straight to explosives with you

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Seems like a bit of an over reaction. Why is it always straight to explosives with you

blowing stuff up rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Looking for the AJFA box set, anyone have any ideas, mad prices is all I can find. Mainly want it for the Seattle 89 vinyl

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the new luggage looks amazing....but expensive

Lars Ulrich is the cleverest of all drummers

why?

because most of the BEST ie bonham/baker et all didn't register their iconic parts as writing contributions and lars is co writer on everything !

apart from daves songs :)
    “James contacted me two years ago. We were going to officially release the No Life ’Til Leather demo as a record, with 27 tracks, pics, the whole enchilada, and the talks broke down because Lars wanted credit on two songs. I wrote every note and word too. I have the texts. I passed.”

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

scudzilla wrote: »
    Looking for the AJFA box set, anyone have any ideas, mad prices is all I can find. Mainly want it for the Seattle 89 vinyl

Was around 190-220 Euro when it came out initially,I got mine for 90 Pound on hmv site on a black friday deal.They are starting to go up in price but nothing compared to Master Of Puppets which is making about 450 Euro. Keep an eye out though and ocassionally people split the boxes on Ebay.

• Advertisement

the new luggage looks amazing....but expensive

Yet sold out on the Metstore, sure if they sold Lars toe nail clippings some of them mad fcukers would buy them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They used to sell used guitar strings ffs. Strings that they got for free from the manufacturers. Great way to make money, but I think they didn't sell cos they started sending them out with orders. Yeah, I have some ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Master of Puppets is 35 years old today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PsychoPete wrote: »

Epic. Never bettered........by ANYONE

PsychoPete wrote: »

<snip> double post.....sorry

Epic. Never bettered........by ANYONE

It was neck and neck with raining blood up to the 90s if I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

MOP is a very dense album. RIB is faster but has always been fairly one dimensional for that, great album, but Master has pretty much everything you want from a thrash metal album, it's a rich tapestry of sound and a lot of that is down to Cliff Burton. Orion is my all time fav Metallica tune.

A few years back I picked up the boxset. It was €220. I came into a sum of money and while I initially baulked at the price, I just had to have it so treated myself. I consider it an investment piece, not that I would ever part with it, rather it can be passed down if the time comes.

The greatest metal album ever made.

MOP is a very dense album. RIB is faster but has always been fairly one dimensional for that, great album, but Master has pretty much everything you want from a thrash metal album, it's a rich tapestry of sound and a lot of that is down to Cliff Burton. Orion is my all time fav Metallica tune.

Completely agree with this, mop is far superior, musically an astonishing album, it shows metallicas superior abilities, even though there's nothing wrong with slayers abilities. I have found their albums to be very similar over the years, but still enjoyable, it's a shame theyve called it a day

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jucko

A few years back I picked up the boxset. It was €220. I came into a sum of money and while I initially baulked at the price, I just had to have it so treated myself. I consider it an investment piece, not that I would ever part with it, rather it can be passed down if the time comes.

The greatest metal album ever made.
    i have my music for nations copy hanging on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭deeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭thebronze14

As much as I love MOP, I still prefer Ride the Lightning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

As much as I love MOP, I still prefer Ride the Lightning!

Many fans do, there has always been a lot of love for Lightning.

It was an extraordinary volume of work the band put out in a relatively short time from 83 to 88.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

deeks wrote: »

Hetfield sounds very good here. Song played slightly slower than they normally play it live, I think that's a good thing.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hetfield sounds very good here. Song played slightly slower than they normally play it live, I think that's a good thing.

'fake news', theres no fcuking way any human can downstroke that quickly!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

deeks wrote: »

Wow I haven't heard lars play that well in years, fair play to him.

It was neck and neck with raining blood up to the 90s if I recall

Nah. MOP is more diverse......RIB is a straightforward heads down thrasher

I don't know if it's just me, but I get a very doomy feel from tracks like Thingy, Leper & Sanitarium........? Thingy is among my favourite songs by them.

Nah. MOP is more diverse......RIB is a straightforward heads down thrasher

Nothing straightforward about RIB

I don't know if it's just me, but I get a very doomy feel from tracks like Thingy, Leper & Sanitarium........? Thingy is among my favourite songs by them.

I remember when they played it at Milton Keynes, fcuk it was sooooo heavy

• Advertisement

Nothing straightforward about RIB

I meant as in a straightforward heads down thrash album

Advertisement