Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I ordered them using address pal by An Post,just waiting on them now.

think you can still pick most of them up on walmart,whats your limit price wise? I will have mine in 5-6 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

psychozeb wrote: »
    think you can still pick most of them up on walmart,whats your limit price wise? I will have mine in 5-6 working days

Just setting it up now, it's asking for billing address but only gives US option, any ideas?

Forget that, just used the address pal and it worked

Dunno if i should actually thank ya as this is now gonna cost me a FORTUNE :pac::pac:

Have you set up the address pal account?

They've only AJFA,TBA AND HWTSD left in stock.

• Advertisement

They've only AJFA,TBA AND HWTSD left in stock.

I only got Hardwired as have the others, just got all my vinyl down and loving it, have all the originals and a few remasters from early 90's on double vinyl.

My original 2 disc of TBA is worth around 80euro now, not that i'd sell it, too many memories

scudzilla wrote: »
    I only got Hardwired as have the others, just got all my vinyl down and loving it, have all the originals and a few remasters from early 90's on double vinyl.

My original 2 disc of TBA is worth around 80euro now, not that i'd sell it, too many memories

Yeah,I have the original 2 disc black album also, bought that and Death human and Warrior Soul love,drugs and the new republic when golden discs were selling off vinyl 20 something odd years ago,how times have changed

Yeah,I have the original 2 disc black album also,both that and Death human and Warrior Soul love,drugs and the new republic when golden discs were selling off vinyl 20 something odd years ago,how times have changed

I'd hate to think of the rare records i've got rid of in my younger days, probably biggest mistake i made was in my local record store in the 90's, was buying something and it was a toss up between Maidens 3 disc vinyl of Donington 92 or some other shite, i chose the other shite and now the Maiden set is worth a bomb :(

I'd hate to think of the rare records i've got rid of in my younger days, probably biggest mistake i made was in my local record store in the 90's, was buying something and it was a toss up between Maidens 3 disc vinyl of Donington 92 or some other shite, i chose the other shite and now the Maiden set is worth a bomb :(

Have most of that Maiden stuff except for A Real Dead One,X-Factor and Virtual XI. Sorry I didn't get them now but have everything else.

My biggest regret was not paying £100 for a copy of the SoundHouse tapes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

On a slightly related note, i'm thinking of setting up a games room and one of the things i'm thinking of doing is putting a few things on the wall such as old gig tickets, gig t-shirts etc. Anyone do anything similar or have any suggestions that wouldn't cost the world (although i have no problem spending a decent amount on the right items)

Was thinking those vinyl disks would look pretty good but would probably be madness!

Got my Walmart exclusive vinyl in the mail today,no damages thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Degag wrote: »
    On a slightly related note, i'm thinking of setting up a games room and one of the things i'm thinking of doing is putting a few things on the wall such as old gig tickets, gig t-shirts etc. Anyone do anything similar or have any suggestions that wouldn't cost the world (although i have no problem spending a decent amount on the right items)

Was thinking those vinyl disks would look pretty good but would probably be madness!

Slane poster from 2019 is pretty cool visually. A slightly iconic show too in that it was first up on their list of live gigs on YouTube during lockdown and was their highest grossing and attended show of 2019. And Whiskey was their most watched video of 2019.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Slane poster from 2019 is pretty cool visually. A slightly iconic show too in that it was first up on their list of live gigs on YouTube during lockdown and was their highest grossing and attended show of 2019. And Whiskey was their most watched video of 2019.

Are they available to buy anywhere?

eBay your only hope now,there was two different posters,one at the merch stands and one with the VIP package.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They often have different posters from different artists pop up on their store. I have a few of them that I got framed and put up in the games room because apparently they aren't suitable for the living room

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

I’m sure they can be found but there are hi res versions around the internet which could easily be turned into a framed poster by a print shop

Seem to have green AJFA in stock again and reduced in price
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Metallica-And-Justice-For-All-Walmart-Exclusive-Vinyl/873752754

Might buy it for the craic... is there a possibility of getting stung for high custom charges though does anyone know?

Might buy it for the craic... is there a possibility of getting stung for high custom charges though does anyone know?

You shouldn't 23.25 dollars delivered which would be under 20Euro. only downside is address pal is around 16Euro.

• Advertisement

You shouldn't 23.25 dollars delivered which would be under 20Euro. only downside is address pal is around 16Euro.

So you'd be paying almost as much on delivery as the product? Addresspal the only option?

So you'd be paying almost as much on delivery as the product? Addresspal the only option?

See this place advertised but haven't used them myself.
    https://planetexpress.com/

Was gonna press the button but went browsing to see if there was anything else i could buy to make the most of the delivery fees. Went out of stock:rolleyes:

Mad prices alight, 15.99 with addresspal but my package left US on the 12th and still no tracking updates

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

eBay your only hope now,there was two different posters,one at the merch stands and one with the VIP package.

Technically there was three; the different VIP levels had the same Stag design but one package level had a green striped background poster and on another level the background was blue stripes...

Okon wrote: »
    Technically there was three; the different VIP levels had the same Stag design but one package level had a green striped background poster and on another level the background was blue stripes...

I thought the green one was just a variant that was done by the artist,what package level got the green poster?
    Here's the stag prints for people that haven't seen them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metallica-6-08-2019-VIP-Poster-Slane-Castle-Ireland-A-P-Artist-Proof-Edition/184580822330?hash=item2af9dfd53a:g:UGkAAOSwVJJf2Dbz
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metallica-Ireland-8-6-19-official-concert-litho-Slane-Castle-County-Meath-new/303883245322?hash=item46c0da570a:g:eIYAAOSwcbpf06Ty

This was the other poster
    https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/654640495833369084/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a strong sense of irony in this happening to them. Whoops.

https://twitter.com/UPROXXSports/status/1362946328515530757

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There's a strong sense of irony in this happening to them. Whoops.

https://twitter.com/UPROXXSports/status/1362946328515530757

Are you aligning yourself with all those idiotic tweets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are you aligning yourself with all those idiotic tweets ?

No, just noting the unintentional hilarity of it all.

I'm sure the band themselves even saw the funny side of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just before I saw that I read a tweet from a successful broke musician that lars was in fact right at the time so those tweets seemed weird after that

Advertisement