Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Zavvi still exists???!?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Zavvi still exists???!?

yes, and can be reasonably priced for lego, (and have stock Lego.com have out of stock)

we recently bought the Lego Disney castle from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Gru wrote: »
    yes, and can be reasonably priced for lego, (and have stock Lego.com have out of stock)

we recently bought the Lego Disney castle from them.

Just wondering did you order that big set before brexit kicked in or after? Just wondering if you got caught with import fees etc. From them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering did you order that big set before brexit kicked in or after? Just wondering if you got caught with import fees etc. From them.

it was after (end of January) and all i paid was the standard Delivery charge of about €3ish...they did ship from the UK with Hermes though so it took a week longer than expected.
    BREXIT UPDATE
    zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.

For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.

For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.

That's class to know thanks a mill.

• Advertisement

Lego Darth vader's Castle is 15% off on amazon so coming in at 105.60 pounds, says delivery 1 to 2 mths tho for prime customers. 120 pounds on lego site but you might get free gift and VIP points on lego site so not 100% sure if good offer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

Lego Darth vader's Castle is 15% off on amazon so coming in at 105.60 pounds, says delivery 1 to 2 mths tho for prime customers. 120 pounds on lego site but you might get free gift and VIP points on lego site so not 100% sure if good offer or not.

does that include vat and duties/?

ec18 wrote: »
    does that include vat and duties/?

Yeah seems to be the case alright as gives a break down on amazon when you put it into your basket and about to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

LEGO DC BATMAN Batwing & Batmobile Bundle
    €344.99 @ Smyths

Bundle includes: LEGO 76139 DC Comics Super Heroes Batman 1989 Batmobile Set (183612) and LEGO 76161 DC Comics Batman 1989 Batwing Set for Adults (194433). Offer valid March 5th - 9th, while stocks last.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes/lego-dc-batman-batwing-and-batmobile-bundle/b/800570

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    €344.99 @ Smyths

Bundle includes: LEGO 76139 DC Comics Super Heroes Batman 1989 Batmobile Set (183612) and LEGO 76161 DC Comics Batman 1989 Batwing Set for Adults (194433). Offer valid March 5th - 9th, while stocks last.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes/lego-dc-batman-batwing-and-batmobile-bundle/b/800570

Paddy

I really hope this goes out of stock before I have a couple of beers later and decide that this is too good of an offer to turn down!! At the moment I’m wondering how I’d even find the time never mind justify the outlay! Great offer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    €344.99 @ Smyths

Paddy

My wife is not going to be happy :D:D Been on my wishlist for a long time. I couldn't say no to that :eek:

Thanks for the heads up Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I already own the Batwing but couldn't help buy this bundle!!!

Lego batman bundle sold out from Smyths. Least I don't have to worry about buying it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego batman bundle sold out from Smyths. Least I don't have to worry about buying it now.

Hahaha exact same thought crossed my mind when I saw that this evening! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Hahaha exact same thought crossed my mind when I saw that this evening! :)

Same. I think it was just FOMO for me. Don't even like the films haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Already have the batmobile and just finished building the batwing this afternoon!

That bundle is amazing value, and they're great builds tbh.

Looking forward to getting renovations finished on the house, and then wall mount the batwing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

Is there any deals on technic out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

17% off all products (including Lego) on Art & Hobby website today using code IRISH17

Zavvi.com have some of their lego sets reduced and a further 20% off on top of that on certain sets with the code LEGO20. It tells you what lego sets you can use the code on. 2.99 delivery to Ireland.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks I picked up the 42125 Ferrari for £124.98 including shipping, was a fiver

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Thanks I picked up the 42125 Ferrari for £124.98 including shipping, was a fiver

Yeah some good savings. I got 2 of the star wars sets and 35 pounds in the difference then the lego site.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Quick turnaround/delivery on this too - 4 days, it arrived today

Quick turnaround/delivery on this too - 4 days, it arrived today

Yeah my 2 star wars sets arrived today from zavvi as well. Some good bargains on their site especially if set reduced then further 20% off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Says the Lunar Lander is in stock for home delivery but out of stock in all stores??

I sold my (new, unopened) set for more than that!!! Was tempted for a sec there.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Says the Lunar Lander is in stock for home delivery but out of stock in all stores??

I sold my (new, unopened) set for more than that!!! Was tempted for a sec there.

All their stock for everything is out of stock because they arent open. Home delivery only for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Where is the best place to sell unopened Lego? Have a set or 2 that my young boys won’t appreciate

D'oh. I was able to click and collect a TV from Power City a few weeks back, and sure Smyths is only next door... :pac:

I just posted here that I was thinking of selling it and got a PM! Depends on whether your set is in demand I suppose and how keen the buyer is to save a few quid over just ordering it online (assuming it's still available) also covid wasn't in the equation then.

Life ain't always empty.

Where is the best place to sell unopened Lego? Have a set or 2 that my young boys won’t appreciate

Adverts.ie or donedeal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Adverts.ie or donedeal

Check out people that are selling similar sets on Adverts and see what the going rate for European sellers on Bricklink, it'll give you a good ballpark for what is a good selling price rather than the 'throw a dart while blindfolded' pricing scheme you sometimes see online.

Advertisement