Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Transfer Thread

• 28-02-2021 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭

Harvey Barnes the most transferred in player in GW26 and probably the most transferred out in GW27...

Jota looks interesting if he's back fit. Lingard has form and a game in 29.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭glanman

COH wrote: »
    Harvey Barnes the most transferred in player in GW26 and probably the most transferred out in GW27...

Jota looks interesting if he's back fit. Lingard has form and a game in 29.

Lingard will be unavailable Vs United I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Lingard could be a good shout not many Barnes priced replacements,
    Was debating DCL to Ings for the double but against a city Def may not be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Maybe Bale in. Would have to be for Salah though

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

Wild card ��

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

glanman wrote: »
    Lingard will be unavailable Vs United I presume?

Yep, parent club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Barnes to Raphina or else back to Jack the lad if he's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    Barnes to Raphina or else back to Jack the lad if he's fit

Do not expect comprehensive news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Brought Barnes in for Maddison last week :-(

Zero money in the bank so unbelievably it seems that J-Lingz is the the obvious and sensible move even taking his unavailability in GW28 into account

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

May do AWB to Reguilón, will see how rest of the week pans out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'm hoping Barnes doesn't plummet in value this week because I'm planning to hold him for now and bench him, then have 2FT to prepare for a possible DGW in 28 and the BGW in 29. If he's looking like losing a lot I'll have to make a decision this week as I have him at his current value so every drop will effect me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Have exact funds for Barnes to Bale, was yesterday a flash in the pan though or can i expect him to start until i hit WC in 30/31? Already have Kane & Son so treble spurs scares me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Want to do Barnes & Maguire to Grealish and Dunk. Don't mind taking a -4 over the next few weeks to get some GW29 players in. Boring as it sounds all transfers now have to be GW29 players so that I can field 8/9. If Grealish could drop another .1 then declare himself fit that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Barnes out, not sure who in but either a third City player for their double (Foden likely, though he'd probably only play 1, B.Silva another option), or else someone who plays in 29. But not sure who. El Ghazi, Traore, Saka maybe...

Something else I looked at was a -4, taking out Barnes and Fernandes for Mahrez and Son. A more aggressive move. Mahrez and Son both looking good, covers the City double and the 29 blank (though same issue with Mahew - likely won't start both doubles). Fernandes next 3 are City, West Ham and Blank, and I'd be using the WC after. Only thing is that I'd lose a lot of value getting him back in. Probably a bit reckless as a move but none of the Barnes replacements are inspiring me that much

Morzadec wrote: »
    none of the Barnes replacements are inspiring me that much

Does your Barnes replacement have to play? The most in-form player with a game in GW29 has to be be Lingard. he'll miss the united game but he does have a game in GW29.

Bench Lingard for the United game and play one of your bench players. Who knows what side Arsenal will have for that game, given the team selection for this GW. Lingard will play unless injured, and everything good has come through him. Granted that i probably won't have him unless i FH, but that's more to do with not having Barnes and that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Klonker wrote: »
    I'm hoping Barnes doesn't plummet in value this week because I'm planning to hold him for now and bench him, then have 2FT to prepare for a possible DGW in 28 and the BGW in 29. If he's looking like losing a lot I'll have to make a decision this week as I have him at his current value so every drop will effect me.

I'm one below his current. Had him for a few weeks. Surprised he only got one rise despite a massive massive amount of transfers in. Watch him plummet as they let him go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Barnes to Raphina I think. But will wait to see what other injuries crop up mid week. In the last two weeks I've had to get rid of Justin, Grealish and now Barnes. I think the games are coming so thick and fast now that injuries are starting to become a problem. So I'll just have to suffer any price hit on Barnes between now and Friday to wait and make sure whoever I bring in doesn't end up injured AND a more pressing injury doesn't crop up (I could bench Barnes)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Does your Barnes replacement have to play? The most in-form player with a game in GW29 has to be be Lingard. he'll miss the united game but he does have a game in GW29.

Bench Lingard for the United game and play one of your bench players. Who knows what side Arsenal will have for that game, given the team selection for this GW. Lingard will play unless injured, and everything good has come through him. Granted that i probably won't have him unless i FH, but that's more to do with not having Barnes and that issue.

No I'd have a few options to play in 28. Could well bank actually and give it a week more of info.

Lingard's a good shout. I just think Arsenal are quite stingy so I don't love the fixture. And I just don't rate the player much. But hard to argue with those numbers, and Leeds at home can definitely be a fruitful fixture. Perhaps a little inflated by two very uncharacteristic Martinez errors though in the match where he got 2 goals.

Might well be the logical move though, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

touts wrote: »
    Barnes to Raphina I think. But will wait to see what other injuries crop up mid week. In the last two weeks I've had to get rid of Justin, Grealish and now Barnes. I think the games are coming so thick and fast now that injuries are starting to become a problem. So I'll just have to suffer any price hit on Barnes between now and Friday to wait and make sure whoever I bring in doesn't end up injured AND a more pressing injury doesn't crop up (I could bench Barnes)

Yeah I have the same thinking. I am leaning towards benching Barnes this week too and going to try figure out what sort of a plan to work through. I'm just after coming off GW26 BB, so the squad is strong enough.

I have FH for GW29 so I could actually look towards buying a Barnes replacement from GW30 onward really. Buying a player for 27 & 28 is very dependent on returns in those GWs. l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Maddison to Saka will be my move barring any further injuries in the second half of the gameweek, the way players are picking up injuries at the minute it will be vital to have a full bench, I don't think you can afford to keep an injured player for for a few weeks, also think that Leicster may well begin to struggle similar to last year and with Barnes out and Vardy clearly not fit it's an easy move. ,Saka was rested at the weekend and also has a game in GW29.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Maddison to Saka will be my move barring any further injuries in the second half of the gameweek, the way players are picking up injuries at the minute it will be vital to have a full bench, I don't think you can afford to keep an injured player for for a few weeks, also think that Leicster may well begin to struggle similar to last year and with Barnes out and Vardy clearly not fit it's an easy move. ,Saka was rested at the weekend and also has a game in GW29.

hmm, this idea of rested is being thrown around quite a lot - was he rested, or does Arteta have eyes on Europe more than trying to fight for top 4. Leicester away from home wasn't exactly a game where he should be resting some of his best players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ace2007 wrote: »
    hmm, this idea of rested is being thrown around quite a lot - was he rested, or does Arteta have eyes on Europe more than trying to fight for top 4. Leicester away from home wasn't exactly a game where he should be resting some of his best players.

Absolutely its the Europa Cup that is Arsenals season now but with the depth, or lack of depth, of the Arsenal squad he can only rotate so much and Saka has now had his rest, Smith Rowe also came off injured, Martinelli is still not fit so the options arent really there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking of moving Calvert-Lewin out for Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

macraignil wrote: »
    Thinking of moving Calvert-Lewin out for Antonio.

Id hold to see if the double in 28

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Barnes to Mount is tempting me.

Would have loved to have got de bruyne but It would now require a -8 which isn't worth it. Important as someone mentions above to have a full squad I think. I have a lot of middling talent at the moment.

Long term looking at a blank player to son for 29, mount /periera to Raphinha, possibly Bert traore in as well. Will take a couple of -4 along the way and wildcard after 29..think there is a huge chance to make ground in 29 if some get caught out having not planned for it.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Important as someone mentions above to have a full squad I think. I have a lot of middling talent at the moment.

I'm not sure how beneficial it is now, games probably wont' get cancelled any more unless some mad outbreak, so having a strong front 8 will mean the benching decision and ultimately leaving points on the bench. You could get Brewster in, and Ultimately saved 2m there to spend elsewhere. Obv Davis is cheaper but he takes up a villa spot which is a reason not to have him imo.

If you have two city defenders i think it's important to have at least a 4th defender and maybe a 5th - but again you can find cheap 5th option defender if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm thinking a -4 for Barnes + DCL out, Reed + Kane in. Kane with nice fixtures and both play in the skinny GW29. Can just about afford it.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm thinking a -4 for Barnes + DCL out, Reed + Kane in. Kane with nice fixtures and both play in the skinny GW29. Can just about afford it.

DCL could have double in GW28 though, so if you have him you might want to keep him for that game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Barnes + Hamez to someone + someone else.

Possibly Son & Saka. Or Bale & Raphina.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll probably do Barnes to Lingard and bb. Just want rid of it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve decided to keep Barnes & bench.

Started to move away from a strong XV (Strujk last week) now Veltman in for Stones & DeBruyne in for Bruno.

I want to captain a City player for their double , Stones will now rotate with Laporte so thought why not take a hit & go for DeBruynr

I think Brighton have been the unluckiest team this year, I’ll play Veltman over Shaw & Digne this week. & then also for GW29 (hopefully). If he could return 10 points in those 2 weeks is be delighted

Advertisement