Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 27 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Still cant decide who to replace Barnes with, I already have Raphina, Gundog. KdB, Bruno
    -Lingard (cant play v Utd but could bench him, otherwise he is on the form of his life)
    -Jota, should get minutes but probably lacking match fitness for 2 or 3 games
    -Grealish, injured but some chance he might return this weekend
    -Mount, bit of wildcard but is on good form and seems to be favoured by Tuchel with 7 starts from his 8 games in charge

Any thoughts?

First thought before I read your options was Lingard - great form.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Still cant decide who to replace Barnes with, I already have Raphina, Gundog. KdB, Bruno
    -Lingard (cant play v Utd but could bench him, otherwise he is on the form of his life)
    -Mount, bit of wildcard but is on good form and seems to be favoured by Tuchel with 7 starts from his 8 games in charge

Any thoughts?

El Ghazi could be decent shout if he plays. I don't really know the ins/outs of the villa team but usually returns when gets a run in the team.

Siggy could also be decent option - risk he won't start - but he's had some good returns lately and might have a double

Neves has a bit of form as well but Wolves are hit and miss.

But yea it's slim pickings - Mount, Lingard but you have to bench against Utd, Foden maybe - but huge rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I bit the bullet got Bale and Pereira in for Fernandes and Lowton - 4.

Not sure on it now was going to go Son. Instead went for the hipster option for the fun of it. Could Bale destroy Palace if he gets 60 plus minutes? Will Bale even start? He might not!

Obviously means a Son 17 pointer or something.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Will hold Barnes this week to see how Grealish gets on before getting him back in for GW29. Thinking Mendy to Forestor to free up funds but it would leave me a dilemma to start Forestor or Martinez then

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

First thought before I read your options was Lingard - great form.

Yeah Lingards fixture v Leeds definitely looks attractive right about now as long as players can suck up benching him v United. The flip side to that is that he plays in blank GW29

Ace2007 wrote: »
    El Ghazi could be decent shout if he plays. I don't really know the ins/outs of the villa team but usually returns when gets a run in the team.

Siggy could also be decent option - risk he won't start - but he's had some good returns lately and might have a double

Neves has a bit of form as well but Wolves are hit and miss.

But yea it's slim pickings - Mount, Lingard but you have to bench against Utd, Foden maybe - but huge rotation risk.

Owned Foden before and it was frustrating to see Pep bench him a game after he hauled big time. With el Ghazi I think someone said his minutes depend on Ross Barkleys availability. Hadnt even thought of Siggy but his potential DGW is attractive though he blanks in 29.

I think Grealish is my favoured option if positive injury news was to come today but its hard to know what game Dean Smith is playing. Also a close rival sold Grealish so Im keen to get on him before he gets him back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Grealish is my favoured option if positive injury news was to come today but its hard to know what game Dean Smith is playing. Also a close rival sold Grealish so Im keen to get on him before he gets him back in.

Doesn't sound good - "Jack Grealish is doing better. He’s unlikely to play. I’ve not sat down with the medical staff yet but he was on the AlterG running yesterday. He looks pain free now, so once I sit down with the medical staff we’ll decide what he’s doing today."
    That was from Smith today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah Lingards fixture v Leeds definitely looks attractive right about now as long as players can suck up benching him v United. The flip side to that is that he plays in blank GW29

Owned Foden before and it was frustrating to see Pep bench him a game after he hauled big time. With el Ghazi I think someone said his minutes depend on Ross Barkleys availability. Hadnt even thought of Siggy but his potential DGW is attractive though he blanks in 29.

Reckon Smith won't be too obliging with info if he is near to being back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CSF wrote: »
    Reckon Smith won't be too obliging with info if he is near to being back.

yeah thats the fear, Smith will be playing his card close to his chest especially after those leaks and what looks like a false leak about Watkins being out last weekend when he actually played. Will have a look for the Villa presser later but doubting we are going to learn anything.

Part of me wants to go with Mount as you get the feeling Chelsea are now very much on an end of season charge and he's had 2 goals and an assist in his last 3 games. Chelsea also keeping clean sheets to beat the band, they've only conceeded twice in 8 games since Tuchel took over. Chelseas fixtures look good too for the next while, of their next 7 games 5 are against bottom half clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Any thoughts?

I've personally going to hold onto and bench Barnes this week and I'm hoping we'll hear early next week whether the Everton Villa match will be fixed for GW28 and then make a decision. Hopefully he wont lose too much value before then. I'm actually surprised he hasn't dropped yet this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Why sell Ricky? In form and potential DGW in 28

Brought him in for the 3 games, scored a goal in each, now he's done. Kane train beginning this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lingard in for Barnes and bb activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

yeah thats the fear, Smith will be playing his card close to his chest especially after those leaks and what looks like a false leak about Watkins being out last weekend when he actually played. Will have a look for the Villa presser later but doubting we are going to learn anything.

Part of me wants to go with Mount as you get the feeling Chelsea are now very much on an end of season charge and he's had 2 goals and an assist in his last 3 games. Chelsea also keeping clean sheets to beat the band, they've only conceeded twice in 8 games since Tuchel took over. Chelseas fixtures look good too for the next while, of their next 7 games 5 are against bottom half clubs.
    I think the Watkins stuff was genuine nonsense, for what its worth. FPL injurie leaks the topic of the month, so there was inevitably gonna be a few people trying to make themselves internet notable. It was the same during the peak of the pre-deadline team leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

If someone had told me at the start of the season that the night before GW27 I’d be seriously contemplating transferring in Jesse Lingard.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Benimar wrote: »
    If someone had told me at the start of the season that the night before GW27 I’d be seriously contemplating transferring in Jesse Lingard.......

Or ditching Salah before a home game against Fulham!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »

I’m not that mad!

(Although as a Liverpool fan, I do wonder if they will ever score again!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Not sure what to do at the moment, to be honest!

Need to get rid of Barnes Mount seems like a good option but also considering Son I should of bloody got him last week when I taught about it :pac:.

Also thinking of bringing Antonio back in but im sure that would only cause him to stop scoring again ha.

Salah and Bruno, I think id rather keep Bruno and I don't know if KDB will play enough for his price the way Pep is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Benimar wrote:

Pulled the trigger there now for him!

Antonio in for Calvert Lewin or Lingard for Barnes?

Also strongly thinking of KDB now in for Salah but I dunno yet if it pays off with the way City are rotating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Think Im going to bring in Mahrez as my third City player. They have 3 league games in a week and I think he will play at least 2.

Have just enough to do Mahrez & White in for Barnes & Maguire.

Also tempted by Son in for Bruno which means I will have to play Maguire or Lowton. Will decided later. I still think Bruno could return in any of the next 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Sold DCL & Salah for Kane and Lingard.

I think given that GW29, and current fixtures vs CRY & Leeds, this is the most optimal.

Wouldnt worry too much if DCL gets a DGW announced as 1 of the games he ll play against the best keeper in the league, and in the other game he ll be up against Pope. Not on penalties. Doesnt have a game in GW 29. Blanked twice just now and really had 1 shot on target I think in 2 games. not gud nuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Lots of activity. I think I'll sit still and bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Lots of activity. I think I'll sit still and bank.

Yea think I'm going to do the same, bank and re-evaluate the situation after this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Cartman78 wrote: »

Or that Liverpool have lost more players to injury than China has to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sold DCL & Salah for Kane and Lingard.

I think given that GW29, and current fixtures vs CRY & Leeds, this is the most optimal.

Wouldnt worry too much if DCL gets a DGW announced as 1 of the games he ll play against the best keeper in the league, and in the other game he ll be up against Pope. Not on penalties. Doesnt have a game in GW 29. Blanked twice just now and really had 1 shot on target I think in 2 games. not gud nuff

He's also not playing centre forward anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Brought in KDB and using triple captain, raging I didn't stick with tc of Son last week, the hearts taken over!

If City beat United at the weekend the league is done and dusted is it worth bringing in more city players i wonder?

Pep will really focus on the Champions league then id imagine so who knows who will play week in week out. Where gonna be running this rotation risk every game possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bruno and Salah out for KdB and Auba for -4. Time to mix things up a little

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

manual_man wrote: »
    Bruno and Salah out for KdB and Auba for -4. Time to mix things up a little

Bruno out, KDB in. For a few weeks and then I'll probably reverse it or get bruno in for Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Will Salah even start on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭redarmy

Will Salah even start on Sunday?

Yes

Advertisement